Breakins and property alarms

big city blues

13 hours ago, DasFroggy said:

I'm looking forward to this. It'll give some solid returns on that AKM collection I bought a week ago. Just break in knowing that the first responders will not only be delayed, but easily killed every time, then we've got about a five to ten minute window before another followup radio/phone check, and THEN however long it takes police to respond.

Won't have to worry about alarms ever again. Neat.

Burglaries are admin supervised. If your first response to seeing private security showing up to respond to a burglary alarm is to lift your AK and shoot at them, you should expect to be banned for deathmatching and poor portrayal. The suggestion is pretty good, no need to derail it with this hyperbole.

On 10/28/2021 at 11:30 PM, DasFroggy said:

Security person here, this is actually a thing. Most alarms aren't disabled by the key, but rather they are actually legit triggered (after a delay) ANY time the door is opened during designated 'armed' periods. 

Ask a local store manager about it, they usually have to make a beeline for the lobby alarm panel and enter the disarm code, even despite having the keys. This is because people can steal keys, whereas memorized codes are a little harder to yoink.

If you have the keys but not the code, the alarm will always go off no matter what. In fact, the door opening is usually considered 'suspicious activity's, and will usually set off the alarm if the code isn't entered after a short ten to twenty second delay period (time given to enter the code).

Truth,  My house alarm (IRL) always goes off on movement.
I always get a text if there is movement infront of my door, it sort of anoys me but it's there.
And then I got a panel inside I can type in a number on and arm the alarm or trigger to arm it with a text.

Currently, after having done multiple heists and break-ins with the IFM monitoring, I have to say it's VERY inconsistent and ALWAYS depends on the admin you're working with, because most people have different understandings / misunderstanding of alarms, locks and security systems, it's always a hit and miss.

7 hours ago, mj2002 said:

Burglaries are admin supervised. If your first response to seeing private security showing up to respond to a burglary alarm is to lift your AK and shoot at them, you should expect to be banned for deathmatching and poor portrayal. The suggestion is pretty good, no need to derail it with this hyperbole.

If it was Johnny the Janitor getting mowed down for arriving, sure that'd be DM without a doubt...

But shooting first responders is a meta that admins have allowed on the basis that a criminal can fear for their life and defend themselves from the risk of an arrest if evidence on their persons would lead to a lengthy imprisonment.

So, get some hard narcotics in our systems, some highly illegal firearms, and BAM, any law enforcement related response is now one we can legitimately respond to with violence. 

It's never going to change, either. The moment these loopholes and special allowances are threatened with being fixed, you'll get another wave of complaints from both criminals and IFM, insisting that it's shutting down criminal roleplay and making being a criminal impossible.

It's a nice little system, I'll admit. Can't shoot first as a civilian, but you wouldn't believe the flexibility that I get as a participant of criminal activities. It's fun. You should try it. You'll have fun.

7 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

If it was Johnny the Janitor getting mowed down for arriving, sure that'd be DM without a doubt...

But shooting first responders is a meta that admins have allowed on the basis that a criminal can fear for their life and defend themselves from the risk of an arrest if evidence on their persons would lead to a lengthy imprisonment.

So, get some hard narcotics in our systems, some highly illegal firearms, and BAM, any law enforcement related response is now one we can legitimately respond to with violence. 

It's never going to change, either. The moment these loopholes and special allowances are threatened with being fixed, you'll get another wave of complaints from both criminals and IFM, insisting that it's shutting down criminal roleplay and making being a criminal impossible.

It's a nice little system, I'll admit. Can't shoot first as a civilian, but you wouldn't believe the flexibility that I get as a participant of criminal activities. It's fun. You should try it. You'll have fun.

Just because you can does mean you should. You have a very unhealthy mentality by reaching and justifying something that just doesn't happen in real life. If you break into a house and are caught doing so, too bad. It doesn't justify mowing down someone for witnessing or responding (doing their job). If that was realistic, we wouldn't have police officers in real life, as they'd all be dead. That's just deathmatching. I'm sure you can find some articles saying that it happened in real life, doesn't make it any better.

If you want to play cops and robbers, you should find a cops and robbers server. Or counter strike. Having fun by ruining everyone else's fun in such an unrealistic way is nothing but selfish and should be punished much more harshly. 

6 minutes ago, Mahitto said:

Just because you can does mean you should. You have a very unhealthy mentality by reaching and justifying something that just doesn't happen in real life. If you break into a house and are caught doing so, too bad. It doesn't justify mowing down someone for witnessing or responding (doing their job). If that was realistic, we wouldn't have police officers in real life, as they'd all be dead. That's just deathmatching. I'm sure you can find some articles saying that it happened in real life, doesn't make it any better.

If you want to play cops and robbers, you should find a cops and robbers server. Or counter strike. Having fun by ruining everyone else's fun in such an unrealistic way is nothing but selfish and should be punished much more harshly. 

Grab everything you can at any cost, no matter the collateral. Just because you won’t doesn’t mean I won’t. Can’t let someone else get the step up, can’t get caught slacking. If killing first responders is what it takes then so be it, not our problem. 

6 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

Grab everything you can at any cost, no matter the collateral. Just because you won’t doesn’t mean I won’t. Can’t let someone else get the step up, can’t get caught slacking. If killing first responders is what it takes then so be it, not our problem. 

Killing first responders and risking losing your life or spending it in prison over a TV and some jewelry? There's literally a similar scenario in the server application.

Just now, Mahitto said:

Killing first responders and risking losing your life or spending it in prison over a TV and some jewelry? There's literally a similar scenario in the server application.

Risking life? It’s not a risk, you clearly haven’t seen mine and @DasFroggy AKM collection. It’s hardly a risk, in fact calling it a risk would be linguistic neglect. 

13 minutes ago, Mahitto said:

I'm not sure you're aware of just how bad Los Santos is, so I'll give you a hint.

Ten people killed, every. single. day.

As citizens of Los Santos, we have to enjoy the splendors of a city more dangerous than any other in the world, with the closest runner up being the average world war two battlefield. Finding dead bodies will be as much the status quo for us as pretending they're just sleeping and hoping we don't become one.

You know how we don't become dead bodies? ...by making dead bodies.

It's a kill or be killed world, Los Santos, with a lot of secret allowances that nobody who's somebody wants fixed. All you'll get on the high and mighty road is a lot of enemies. Don't believe me? I've described a pretty gnarly loophole above, so if you want to see how broken it will stay, go to the suggestions forum and post up the recommendation that criminals should not be allowed to shoot first responders when pulled over.

Are how that works out for you.

Meanwhile, eTaylor has the right idea, this is about making things work in a broken system that the community doesn't want fixed. No harm in being part of the community.

Also, life in prison over a TV? It's ten hours, bro. 

Edited by DasFroggy
  • Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

I'm not sure you're aware of just how bad Los Santos is, so I'll give you a hint.

Ten people killed, every. single. day.

As citizens of Los Santos, we have to enjoy the splendors of a city more dangerous than any other in the world, with the closest runner up being the average world war two battlefield. Finding dead bodies will be as much the status quo for us as pretending they're just sleeping and hoping we don't become one.

You know how we don't become dead bodies? ...by making dead bodies.

It's a kill or be killed world, Los Santos, with a lot of secret allowances that nobody who's somebody wants fixed. All you'll get on the high and mighty road is a lot of enemies. Don't believe me? I've described a pretty gnarly loophole above, so if you want to see how broken it will stay, go to the suggestions forum and post up the recommendation that criminals should not be allowed to shoot first responders when pulled over.

Are how that works out for you.

Meanwhile, eTaylor has the right idea, this is about making things work in a broken system that the community doesn't want fixed. No harm in being part of the community.

Also, life in prison over a TV? It's ten hours, bro. 

Cyberpunk 2077 without the implants and tech.

• Wuhtah locked this topic