Breakins and property alarms

big city blues

2 minutes ago, Paenymion said:

they can NPC the call to the cops

As you said, we've already had plenty of time thanks to a slower security response. By the time the cops show up, we won't even be in the same district.

The best part is that if it becomes consistent enough of a response, we may even be able to stop alarm responses entirely, as a security company won't keep sending their people to die.

7 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

As you said, we've already had plenty of time thanks to a slower security response. By the time the cops show up, we won't even be in the same district.

The best part is that if it becomes consistent enough of a response, we may even be able to stop alarm responses entirely, as a security company won't keep sending their people to die.

That’s exactly what they’ll do though. 

6 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

That’s exactly what they’ll do though. 

Not my problem. By that point, I'll have managed enough gains to fully pay off those AK's and invest in better tools for more sophisticated criminal activities.

Don't be slow. Get your slice of the pie while it's still fresh. You only have yourself to blame if it's molding over before you can make your move.

...and if they keep sending people? We keep making bodies before they can radio their findings. EZPZ.

Edited by DasFroggy
5 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

Not my problem. By that point, I'll have managed enough gains to fully pay off those AK's and invest in better tools for more sophisticated criminal activities.

Don't be slow. Get your slice of the pie while it's still fresh. You only have yourself to blame if it's molding over before you can make your move.

...and if they keep sending people? We keep making bodies before they can radio their findings. EZPZ.

I genuinely want to see this happen, supporting vigorously

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, eTaylor said:

I genuinely want to see this happen, supporting vigorously

One hundred percent.

I personally think we should embrace what GTAW should be. This is a solid step in that direction, to improve GTAW, and to put down the useless notions holding us back from greatness.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, DasFroggy said:

I'm looking forward to this. It'll give some solid returns on that AKM collection I bought a week ago. Just break in knowing that the first responders will not only be delayed, but easily killed every time, then we've got about a five to ten minute window before another followup radio/phone check, and THEN however long it takes police to respond.

Won't have to worry about alarms ever again. Neat.

I don't think anyone seriously wants to just murder whoever responds so they don't need to worry about the consequences. Can you not be so sarcastic and stop derailing the thread? It's really not appreciated. Paenymion had an actual constructive response and you instantly jump to shitposting. There are some shitty roleplayers out there, but please don't just assume.

1 minute ago, big city blues said:

Can you not be so sarcastic

Who said I was being sarcastic?

It's a viable solution. If security wants to catch us, they can up their game and adopt more serious attitudes towards coordinated burglary, or they can die. I personally hope they go for the third option and just stop showing up.

Make no mistake, I'm all for this. The sooner we start breaking down these wildly pathetic barriers, the sooner we can make GTAW something extraordinary.

It sounds like you're just upset that the game's moving faster than you want to go.

3 minutes ago, big city blues said:

I don't think anyone seriously wants to just murder whoever responds so they don't need to worry about the consequences.

I mean...this behavior has been seen in the most common types of crime on GTA:W. May this be robberies turning into executions or kidnappings to bumfuck nowhere, strip searches and beatings of the victim so they can 110% not alert authorities anytime soon or some traffic stop where the officer catches two bullets to the head before being able to step out their vehicle, let alone call in their traffic stop.

The question is whether the overwatching admin will accept such behavior, albeit there has been enough cases in which people weazeled their way out of player reports with common phrases such as "my character was high on XY drug that clouded their judgement, they were armed with illegal guns, they just committed a crime, they were wanted criminals, they were underage and stupid, etc".

The issue is that the alarm is the one and only tool one has against break-ins. Exterior mapping ist locked behind a paywall. If the player is offline, it has no effect even if they would realistically be at their home doing whatnot. Disarming the only tool available opens doors for rampant crime as seen in other areas before. There should be (viable) alternatives allowing for a selection of tools that can be used to counter or deter criminals from breaking into your house and equally options to counteract these tools making it more of a challenge - both for the house owner and the burglar rather than all or nothing in forms of alarms goes brrrt after 5 minutes or alarms being useless.

3 minutes ago, orca112 said:

The issue is that the alarm is the one and only tool one has against break-ins. Exterior mapping ist locked behind a paywall. If the player is offline, it has no effect even if they would realistically be at their home doing whatnot. Disarming the only tool available opens doors for rampant crime as seen in other areas before. There should be (viable) alternatives allowing for a selection of tools that can be used to counter or deter criminals from breaking into your house and equally options to counteract these tools making it more of a challenge - both for the house owner and the burglar rather than all or nothing in forms of alarms goes brrrt after 5 minutes or alarms being useless.

Then it seems we're on the same page. At the moment, there's absolutely no way to counteract an alarm. Completely discourages any kind of thoughtful roleplay, such as getting the code to the alarm from the owner. You do understand that administrators decided there are zero ways to prevent the alarm going off, right? Also, the alarms go brrrt after 30 seconds, meaning the only thing you can do in a robbery is spam as many /me's as you can in that short timeframe and you aren't even afforded the time to properly roleplay in the house. 

Not going to respond to the rest of what you said because it assumes everyone doing crime is the shitty generic poor roleplayer. There are people who are like that, but those aren't the kind of people I roleplay with.

no point doing robbery rp lol. even if all the guns/drugs/items are laying on a table waiting for u when u get in, wiwang alarm pings PD in 30 seconds so u'll get caught no matter what.

and if they dont have an alarm then admins will just npc calling PD, u cant win, the only way u have a chance is if it has no alarm which it will have since theyre only 9k for the best one

• Wuhtah locked this topic