IFM — Supplier Census Results & Information v2

khadijeh.

I’d like to kick off my post debunking some feedback which was given regarding guns as this is a topic that has come into full view my short tine RP-ing here. 

1. Firearm distribution on the server.

Guns are easily accesible IF and only if you break character (for most people). I shall air it out as everyone is thinking it but nobody is saying it.

Guns are EASLY scummed through PF abuse.

And for many this is a reality because they are so hard to come by at a reasonable price.

The least I was personally ever quoted for a pistol is 60.000 and the most recent quote for one was 90.000 dollars. This is a LUDACRIS asking price for what is essentially just a bone-standard weapon.  Which in-turn only leads to OOC deals and it actively encourages PF scumming as an alternative, this is at the core a vicious cycle.

Anyone who claims that weapons are easily accesible through contacts is either lying or OOC trading themsves sadly.

The process of getting guns should be simplified and spread out more evey, as big factions tend to stockpile instead of distribute as intended, this change should be extended serial erasing, because its highly unrealistic that in the USA, in a city where the line between gangland and the city is very thin and populations intermingle, that you will have to contact a guy who knows a guy to buy guns, as well as erase serials.

For my character, if it wasn’t for a stroke of luck, then he would have had to start looking for people who could provide him guns. Then, God forbid it was a PF gun, then he’d have to look for a serial scratcher.

This more or less would break continuity and would establish unrealistic connections for a person like my character, and as previously stated by other members, guns are a common occurance this is why it becomes crucial for everyone who is starting out as independant - or otherwise to get in on them : if you don’t have guns in illegal roleplay you lose, as is the case for most illegal organizations IRL. - or in order to have the continuity break avoided it would mean for me, or anyone in my position having to go through the aforementioned PF scumming or OOC deals.

Solution : Let the people have guns.

This could be easily solved if guns would be distributed evenly to gangs and non-affiliated people and as previous users have mentioned, go out to MARKET their products, to create competition, and if that fails then a standard market price for gangs should be enforced. IE: the price of a pistol is 35,000 and faction-affiliated characters cannot sell it past this number, just under.. whereas they get it for 15,000. This will relieve a lot of the formalities which are not common place IRL (taking money up front snd going to grab whatever it is you’re selling perse) from people and in turn snuff some asset hoarding, a little OOC dealing, and a lot of the looting, as it’ll become more common place for a gun to change hands.

[ Now, the other solution that you could possibly implement is to just cut everything’s price down by the last digit, with the exception o lf maybe phones, properties and cars. As the value is preserved, and continuity doesnt have to be broken, but this is moreso complaint about the money system rather than feedback. ]

Crime involving guns is very common in the LS area, which is completely in touch with reality. I get the complaints from medical staff, and perhaps some cases should be passive rp-ed.

2. Drug distribution on the server.

will reply tomorrow to the thread and update my feedback on this

1 hour ago, pogoyo said:

Active Description: This is good as it is. If anything, I'd encourage fleshing out each level of addiction by substance with more unique descriptors.

Active: Some continue to increase total HP. Some increase the movement speed of your character (+/ 5%, a small change). Some temporarily increase your melee damage (maybe PCP). Active animations/intrusive screen effects should return for psychoactive drugs like psilocybin or LSD. That's just part of the subjective experience.

Active Detriment: Some drugs reduce movement speed. Some drugs reduce melee damage (fragility, physical fatigue). Some drugs force the player into particular walkstyle animations for the duration of effects. Personally, I'd consider that a benefit for an RPer, but the combat-focused would look upon a PCP-frantic animation as a detriment. It's still faithful to the drug experience and loss of control.

Passive: Some drugs increase total possible HP for the duration of addiction. Some drugs increase melee damage for the duration of addiction (small % buffs possibly in a tiered fashion, think steroids, progressing in physical strength). 

Passive Detriment: Some drugs decrease total possible HP for the duration of addiction. Likewise, some drugs decrease melee damage for the duration of addiction, which I believe would be a realistic passive detriment for many drugs. Some drugs decrease movement speed passively through addiction. Some drugs should leave character descriptions beyond their active effect. A heroin addict is still distinctive even when they are not high.

As a drug user player who doesn't care at all about combat effects, I would really rather go without the forced passive stuff. Current drug effects already misrepresent how drugs and addiction works in a lot of cases (everyone ignores the ragdoll effect of drug withdrawal as it is, I've seen literally zero people RP it). It's all based on specific stereotypes of drug use. A heroin addict may be distinctive even when they are not high, but in some cases you really can't tell. The system could provide reminders of common effects and signs of drug use, but I don't think it should force people to RP their characters a specific way.

• Upvote 1

Always nice to see the transparency here. People failing to roleplay around drug abuse is a prevalent issue and it's nice to see that being highlighted here, the majority chase after drugs for the useful health boost but fail to alter their character surrounding the roleplay. With regard to suppliers, I personally believe IFM's on the right track with their choice of suppliers as well as weeding out the unethical ones. It's been qualitative so far with their decision-making for new suppliers.

More melee weapons is a win win. Since people who want to use them are reduced to using hammers, dusters or switchblade. I have never seen a Combat knife and only once seen a machete since starting to play in late june. Also might help kerb some of the "jump to gun" mentality. In short #giveusmeleeweapons.

I struggle to understand why major gun & drug suppliers are assigned to characters rather than factions. Doing it this way essentially centralizes such an impactful asset to players who probably don't deserve it in the first place, hence the numerous public bans as of late. Having major suppliers assigned to factions doesn't eradicate the issue of OOC dealing, but instead evens out the playing field in terms of responsibility. Guns for example should trickle down from faction leadership/administration who assumingly are already trusted members of IFM, thus minimizing the incentive to supply Discord buddies on the account of it reflecting very poorly on an entire faction, resulting in consequence. It's worked in other communities and it can work here.

The fact that you can namechange, keep your supplier and start again in a new faction is a testament to how backwards the current system works.

Edited by Lei
  • Upvote 14
  • Applaud 6