Addressing crime in character

hamin

9 minutes ago, Ukkometso said:

Wait, white collar crimes aren't allowed, I'm confused!

I'm RPing white collar crime as we speak, tbh. There's ways about it if you're not terribly focused on mere script gains and just consistently RPing.

28 minutes ago, Koko said:

I'm RPing white collar crime as we speak, tbh. There's ways about it if you're not terribly focused on mere script gains and just consistently RPing.

Just wondering whether I need admin permission for it or something? I've been scamming my employees on my character constantly, under paying them and treating them poorly, no one as complained yet.

Here's the crazy thing: the crime rate isn't necessarily high, it's just the types of crimes that are committed are bad.

What I mean by this is the fact that we don't have a bunch of domestic violence, petty theft, and other day-to-day incidents the police have to deal with. All of those are replaced by car chases, robberies, and gunfights.

22 minutes ago, Ukkometso said:

Just wondering whether I need admin permission for it or something? I've been scamming my employees on my character constantly, under paying them and treating them poorly, no one as complained yet.

Depends on your scheme. Mine was presented to IFM in the Schemes section and I was told I can go ahead and RP it as desired.

17 minutes ago, thekillergreece said:

So it boils down to the fact that both the government and the LSPD are cockblocked by the management, yet the management is okay with the players pretending to be blind & stupid IC when it is convenient, to keep living peacefully in a battle royale kind of state. Am I missing something? I’d rather have military police and be part of that IC reality than seeing people brush off a robbery, without showing any emotions.

3 hours ago, Eastside.Shady said:

I dont understand how a "heavy rp" community can boat about their standards and skills when they can't even keep up their suspension of disbelief. gta world is not real life, it can never be 1:1 and it should absolutely never be 1:1. gta world is a figment of real life, heavily exaggerated and cherry-picked to be more intense and interesting. people with real life obligations and limited time for roleplay might want to skip over the mundane parts of their character's lives and only rp the interesting bits. the rest is assumed and NPC-ed. 

these conversations about "taking the crime rate IC" are dumb and will never go anywhere. people RP to have fun in a more realistic, grounded setting. is it that hard to ignore a few robberies and shootings and accept that everything on gta:w is condensed into a shorter, easier to digest form?

Exactly this. 

You want to know why the crime rate is so high? Because everyone plays this server for enjoyment. This is a roleplay server built on top of Grand Theft Auto 5, the literal crime video game. Now you can want it to be something different, but your being disingenuous if your shocked and appalled at the amount of crime that is always naturally going to be there on the server. 

• Wuhtah locked this topic