Addressing crime in character

hamin

10 minutes ago, HaminLord said:

dude what does this have to do with the topic at hand lmao ?

1. Non-RPers want guns to shoot people

2. Non-RPers stack up 4 deep in a torrence on discord to chain rob as many guns as they can in vespucci/mirror park/etc (Use to do it in the county as well but that's against the rules now. Still happens, because these people don't care about the rules)

3. The problem is so bad that they have resorted to literally abusing the script to achieve more guns and ammunition in order to keep DMing

tl;dr: The issue is DMers/Non-RPers want guns to DM/Sell/whatever and are willing to break the rules, bug abuse, etc to accomplish this. They have no intention of roleplaying (implying a lot of these guys know what a character is in the first place) and are a net negative on everybody's enjoyment. It's bad enough now that I'm seeing illegal faction members making reports on these guys as well for doing the same shit in their neighbourhood. See: the Brisco Stacks perm ban report from the previous page.

1 hour ago, DasFroggy said:

It's weird, because I wouldn't really be bothered by it, and I'd be entirely willing to even let them catch up, if they actually used the opportunity for roleplay.

But they don't.

As soon as they get any chance at all, it's straight up -pop pop- two shots between the eyes even if the victim is unarmed. No roleplay, just straight up murder and looting.

It's a copout I know but the blame's on management/admins, they've constructed an environment over the years where anything other than freezing on the spot and quickly navigating your inventory is legitimate grounds to kill you within the rules - it's intended to make players react realistically by fearing for their life but ironically makes their reaction binary and "by the book" when realistically fight-or-flight would makes these situation extremely unpredictable and not what they currently are. 

I understand there's a need to have players act scared and there's legitimate scenarios where if you act stupid you should be shot but pulling up on your average Joe Shmoe civilian in a blacked out four-door and blasting them as they run before they've even climbed out of the car is stupid and it's been a shame seeing it become the norm. Anybody in their right mind who just witnessed a car screeching to a halt in front of them in an obviously public place would run and realistically the robbers 9/10 would take that as a loss and leave, not gun down the guy out of spite because they crave a W and that's all they can squeeze from the situation.

Edited by BINGBONGGHOST
  • Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Ezrya said:

Of course this has already turned into the usual legal vs illegal rp arguement lmao

It's legal and illegal RPers versus Non-RPers; always has been.

Also for the meme, while I was posting this another group of them circled the block masked up

Spoiler

unknown.png

Edited by Sush
2 hours ago, Koko said:

Go through the report section real quick. Out of the present reports regarding robberies, or any recent ones you can find, you'll see it thrown again and again and again into a report by robbers that a victim broke fear RP rules for running away, often defining this as showing a clear play-to-win mentality. How someone can type that sentence with their fingers and not do it while knowing exactly what they want to achieve with that is almost impossible to me. It's not even about PF warriors shooting back, but members of this community would impose the idea that running for your life is not displaying proper fear.

I mean, it's the notion that one would rather risk being shot than to hand over a couple dollars. If one is out-numbered and of close range to the robbers, then one's best move would be to hand over one's wallet and hope that they spare one's life.

I'd do that in real life, if out-numbered by four gun-men. Wouldn't risk losing my life over a phone and a couple dollars.

Edited by DLimit
5 minutes ago, DLimit said:

I mean, it's the notion that one would rather risk being shot than to hand over a couple dollars. If one is out-numbered and of close range to the robbers, then one's best move would be to hand over one's wallet and hope that they spare one's life.

I'd do that in real life, if out-numbered by four gun-men. Wouldn't risk losing my life over a phone and a couple dollars.

If you're in a car/vehicle and you haven't been stopped, and continue to drive on, or make clear attempts at fleeing altogether without even stopping, people still bring up the same idea, when it really is a split second decision in an already moving vehicle, oftentimes resulting in the robbers shooting at someone who's obviously getting away as a reaction, adding a murder to their attempted robbery.

3 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Except that there's no way to know if they'll honor that little arrangement. It's essentially accepted fact that most people are going to see upwards of three to five bodies a day, so what's the likely outcome when four people armed with equipment specify engineered for killing and nothing but, approach you, in a city where more people die each day than accounted for in the total national weekly average in most third world countries?

Which brings us back to the question, are we going to accept the unrealistic crime rate and all the implications that come with it, or are we going to crack down on the unrealistic crime rate?

Something tells me people are going to opt for the status quo of realism only when fun for some.

5 minutes ago, Koko said:

If you're in a car/vehicle and you haven't been stopped, and continue to drive on, or make clear attempts at fleeing altogether without even stopping, people still bring up the same idea, when it really is a split second decision in an already moving vehicle, oftentimes resulting in the robbers shooting at someone who's obviously getting away as a reaction, adding a murder to their attempted robbery.

It's all situational. The bigger question would be... are these people under the influence of a drug that causes them to be extra paranoid, nervous, clumsy, aggressive etc... to warrant shooting at a fleeing target?

In the end, nothing's ever black or white when it comes to any thing. Some cases, it seems right to run. Other cases, it'd be foolish to run.

Every one always targets the robbers, but never mention the times where so-called "civilians" (which we all are, on this server, unless Law enforcement) underwent extremely ridiculous means towards trying to combat out of being robbed. I.E. Saw one report, months ago, where a woman tried to judo-chop a gun out of a man's hand, when three other gunmen were present. Then, she got murdered and was CK'd for it.

It's not only one side having the PG issues. It's all relative to the situation. 

Edited by DLimit
  • Wuhtah locked this topic