Addressing crime in character

hamin

3 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

So why is it "it's a game" for only the criminals? Why can't it be a game for the victims too? There shouldn't be anything wrong with overlooking an unrealistic uptick in self defense if we're already overlooking an unrealistic uptick in crime.

I didn’t say civilians can’t overlook it lmfao, whatever makes your play through more enjoyable. 

7 minutes ago, Sush said:

So then should victims be allowed to fight back or do you want civilians to just be a man in Lumbridge that Torrences full of telepathic 15 year olds can pickpocket for 99 thieving. Not that you could fight back anyway as they 4v1 you at every opportunity (which is also against the rules but good luck getting someone punished for that). I digress.

Roleplay quality report the 14 year old Torrence people,  L&A.

no but in all seriousness there are good criminal rpers and bad ones like you mentioned, and it can all get handled with a report and they will be banned, now you might use the point that you don’t have the time or energy and don’t wanna do that, well in that case, don’t complain about it. Not directed to you of course just the people thag use that as an excuse.

1 minute ago, ZaE said:

Roleplay quality report the 14 year old Torrence people,  L&A.

no but in all seriousness there are good criminal rpers and bad ones like you mentioned, and it can all get handled with a report and they will be banned, now you might use the point that you don’t have the time or energy and don’t wanna do that, well in that case, don’t complain about it. Not directed to you of course just the people thag use that as an excuse.

I do every time and I have no intention of stopping. But holy cow does it ever make you a target for these people:

Spoiler

WGwqyYF.png

unknown.png

You'll have to take my word that this happens every time I report one of these people. I don't keep record of every time some doofus OOCly insults me as that would be super masochistic. They do wind up being banned every time but it just feels like there's an endless supply of these people. My second character is always an illegal one and I have been in a lot of these people's discords over the years. I only complain because it feels like no matter how many people get banned for this it feels like the issue never really goes away. non-rper#49509 will just get replaced with non-rper#49510 tomorrow.

Go through the report section real quick. Out of the present reports regarding robberies, or any recent ones you can find, you'll see it thrown again and again and again into a report by robbers that a victim broke fear RP rules for running away, often defining this as showing a clear play-to-win mentality. How someone can type that sentence with their fingers and not do it while knowing exactly what they want to achieve with that is almost impossible to me. It's not even about PF warriors shooting back, but members of this community would impose the idea that running for your life is not displaying proper fear.

Edited by Koko
  • Upvote 3
2 minutes ago, Sush said:

I do every time and I have no intention of stopping. But holy cow does it ever make you a target for these people:

Hide contents

WGwqyYF.png

unknown.png

You'll have to take my word that this happens every time I report one of these people. I don't keep record of every time some doofus OOCly insults me as that would be super masochistic. They do wind up being banned every time but it just feels like there's an endless supply of these people. My second character is always an illegal one and I have been in a lot of these people's discords over the years. I only complain because it feels like no matter how many people get banned for this it feels like the issue never really goes away. non-rper#49509 will just get replaced with non-rper#49510 tomorrow.

it doesnt make me target it because I've never been robbed more then once, and I usually just stay away from certain parts of the city. I do agree that admins need to look into the faults in the robber's RP and not just let corny shit slide, but then again we've all known the admin team is wonky.

17 minutes ago, Koko said:

Go through the report section real quick. Out of the present reports regarding robberies, or any recent ones you can find, you'll see it thrown again and again and again into a report by robbers that a victim broke fear RP rules for running away, often defining this as showing a clear play-to-win mentality. How someone can type that sentence with their fingers and not do it while knowing exactly what they want to achieve with that is almost impossible to me. It's not even about PF warriors shooting back, but members of this community would impose the idea that running for your life is not displaying proper fear.

It just smells like a lowkey salty excuse because they got outsmarted, or Lord forbid they chase you down because you escaped and risk a bigger charge by that one police patrol that happens to pass by during the incident. I think it's pretty easy to tell which "robbers" are the crappy ones just by the fact they waste the time to hunt you down if you manage to escape.

Edited by Wolfhound
11 minutes ago, Koko said:

Given the sheer number of bodies turning up in the streets on a daily basis, it's a bit much to then turn around and tell people that they can't be afraid of people armed with corpsemakers choosing to maintain the corpsemaking status quo, that they have to be both aware of the excessive corpsemaking, but specifically insert themselves into a situation in which corpsemaking is both likely and proven to occur.

1 minute ago, Wolfhound said:

It just smells like a lowkey salty excuse because they got outsmarted, or Lord forbid they hunt you down because you escaped and risk a bigger charge by that one police patrol that happens to pass by during the incident. I think it's pretty easy to tell which "robbers" are the crappy ones just by the fact they waste the time to hunt you down if you manage to escape.

They don't just hunt you down, they usually kill you for it too. 

2 minutes ago, Wolfhound said:

That is what I really meant by hunting down.

It's weird, because I wouldn't really be bothered by it, and I'd be entirely willing to even let them catch up, if they actually used the opportunity for roleplay.

But they don't.

As soon as they get any chance at all, it's straight up -pop pop- two shots between the eyes even if the victim is unarmed. No roleplay, just straight up murder and looting.

1 hour ago, Sush said:

It shows that what this is really about is guns and loot; not roleplay. If you're prioritizing abusing the script to gain more weapons you're just playing rust. It's an indication of the larger issue.

dude what does this have to do with the topic at hand lmao ?

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic