Addressing crime in character

hamin

8 minutes ago, Sush said:

That wasn't the point of my post. And we both know the people doing this aren't criminal RPers either. They're just robo-thugs who only care about getting more guns.

Here's one from a couple weeks ago:

https://streamable.com/y1pqbb

Look at how hard this player slams on the brakes and then tries to ram me off my bike just for the chance of robbing my character. They aren't roleplaying in GTA:World, they're playing Rust or Day-Z and are just trying to kill 'geared players' for their loot. That's it, it was never about roleplay. The prime example of this is once the /rob command was introduced robbers started riding around 4 deep so they could take turns using the /rob command so their daily /rob totals didn't get high enough to be noticed by staff. It also demonstrates a play-to-win mentality as riding around with 4 dudes essentially ensures you 'win' every roleplay you engage in.

I mean first of all, ramming people to rob them is against the rules. But then again, they didn't ram you and cutting off your path so you can't go passed isn't against the rules. How you can tell so much from the fact that they slammed on their breaks is beyond me. I can kind of see where your coming from having had poor RP experiences with robbery clown cars in the past. But to be honest? That's just how robberies are committed in 2021. The mugger coming out of the shadowy alleyway isn't quite a thing, more often then not it's a group of teenagers rolling around in a stolen car looking for someone not paying attention while they walk down the street. They can quickly jump out, grab their shit and go.

Secondly, and my biggest issue here is that you can differentiate on the forums and say "Oh I'm not talking about the good criminal RPers" but how would you know the difference? You were able to determine that those players were Day-Z P2W players who only cared about loot off a less then 30 second clip where you didn't even interact with them. They just slammed on their breaks so that must mean they are only here to rob people? This is not just you, this is a large section of the community. Who will say "Oh, I'm only talking about the shit criminals" when in reality they mean "I'm talking about anyone who commits robberies" because really, they're just as bad about playing to win as the actual shit tier RPers who come here just to play GTAO.

12 minutes ago, Trupiano said:

I mean first of all, ramming people to rob them is against the rules. But then again, they didn't ram you and cutting off your path so you can't go passed isn't against the rules. How you can tell so much from the fact that they slammed on their breaks is beyond me. I can kind of see where your coming from having had poor RP experiences with robbery clown cars in the past. But to be honest? That's just how robberies are committed in 2021. The mugger coming out of the shadowy alleyway isn't quite a thing, more often then not it's a group of teenagers rolling around in a stolen car looking for someone not paying attention while they walk down the street. They can quickly jump out, grab their shit and go.

Secondly, and my biggest issue here is that you can differentiate on the forums and say "Oh I'm not talking about the good criminal RPers" but how would you know the difference? You were able to determine that those players were Day-Z P2W players who only cared about loot off a less then 30 second clip where you didn't even interact with them. They just slammed on their breaks so that must mean they are only here to rob people? This is not just you, this is a large section of the community. Who will say "Oh, I'm only talking about the shit criminals" when in reality they mean "I'm talking about anyone who commits robberies" because really, they're just as bad about playing to win as the actual shit tier RPers who come here just to play GTAO.

I'm able to determine that because everybody who was in that car has been perm-banned for DM/Chainrobbing/etc since that clip was posted.

Here's the most recent report on the driver, for example:

unknown.png

And if you won't take my word for it here's the same thing from the panda himself:

nervous.png

Edited by Sush
30 minutes ago, Sush said:

And if you won't take my word for it here's the same thing from the panda himself:

nervous.png

Not to derail the conversation but this has nothing to do with the topic at hand, this was to do with an exploit surrounding weapons if I remember correctly, and nothing to do with the IC acts of crime.

4 minutes ago, Koko said:

Not to derail the conversation but this has nothing to do with the topic at hand, this was to do with an exploit surrounding weapons if I remember correctly, and nothing to do with the IC acts of crime.

It shows that what this is really about is guns and loot; not roleplay. If you're prioritizing abusing the script to gain more weapons you're just playing rust. It's an indication of the larger issue.

23 minutes ago, Koko said:

I'm all for going back to the original discussion, seeing as we still have yet to find a conclusive answer...

Should an unrealistic crime rate be allowed or not? Getting this answered would better help in assessing how best to respond.

3 minutes ago, ZaE said:

It’s a game, crime rates will always be high.

So then should victims be allowed to fight back or do you want civilians to just be a man in Lumbridge that Torrences full of telepathic 15 year olds can pickpocket for 99 thieving. Not that you could fight back anyway as they 4v1 you at every opportunity (which is also against the rules but good luck getting someone punished for that). I digress.

8 minutes ago, ZaE said:

It’s a game, crime rates will always be high.

So why is it "it's a game" for only the criminals? Why can't it be a game for the victims too? There shouldn't be anything wrong with overlooking an unrealistic uptick in self defense if we're already overlooking an unrealistic uptick in crime.

• Wuhtah locked this topic