/fixrevive and /helpup rework.

The.Godfather

Rather than adding an explanation to /helpup and /fixrevive, what I'd suggest is;

Massively increase the range /fixrevive can't be used when another player is around. If someone gets killed and try to use it, the command itself will not allow them to do so, as it'll propmt that a player is nearby, forcing them to RP it. If it was a legit bug, then a /report will suffice. Revive reports get taken rather quickly.

As for /helpup, a minimum of RP should be enforced, in my opinion. The /ame that pops up when you use the command shouldn't be enough "RP" as it promotes spamming /helpup without any other RP lines.

Sometimes, /helpup is used in critical situations, like in a fist fight or brawl, to get someone up and run away if you are being steamrolled, or to simply help them move away so they are not stomped to death due to the lock-in mechanics in GTA:V, you name it, although I haven't encountered many of those scenarios I have to say. Adding a 50 word/character description on top of the roleplay that, in my opinion, is needed and should be mandatory to use the command, only creates a pause in the actual RP and in certain cases, might cause you to end up injured/dead while typing.

The suggestion is good, don't get me wrong, and I understand the concerns, but I don't think adding a mandatory description is the way to go. I'll follow the thread, see if collectively we can find a rounded up idea!

On 10/25/2021 at 4:14 AM, JackieH said:

Sometimes, /helpup is used in critical situations, like in a fist fight or brawl, to get someone up and run away if you are being steamrolled, or to simply help them move away so they are not stomped to death due to the lock-in mechanics in GTA:V, you name it, although I haven't encountered many of those scenarios I have to say. Adding a 50 word/character description on top of the roleplay that, in my opinion, is needed and should be mandatory to use the command, only creates a pause in the actual RP and in certain cases, might cause you to end up injured/dead while typing.

Pretty much how I feel. I like the intent behind the suggestion a lot, but it would slow everything down as soon as someone goes down. Breakin requests don't even need that much, and that involves a lot of waiting.  If the 'reason' portion could be reduced to a short description then maybe it could flow easily enough for general gameplay.
"Fell down in Blue Lion"
"Helped up after sparring"
"First-aid after a bar fight"

I like the idea behind it, but it needs some work, hopefully someone else can come up with something that can clean it up a little to be more functional.

If possible I think the solution here would be to disable /fixrevive when outside. The only time I've ever needed to use /fixrevive has been falling through the floor through interiors/other issues caused by mapping. Though I do understand it may be used legitimately outside of interior spaces if there's some glitch or whatever, I believe the command is being abused more than used properly in outside environments as I seldom see someone go down due to a glitch that occurs outside of interiors. It seems unlikely someone is using /fixrevive legitimately when they're outside of interiors, and as the majority of shootings occur outside it'd be the easiest to cut down on what seems like rampant abuse of the command just by disabling it while outside.

• Wuhtah locked this topic