What ethnicity/nationality gets little representation here?

Kai

11 hours ago, eTaylor said:

I’ve met 3 British characters the last year or so. Where do you find these people?

i was actually wondering this myself, i've seen this joke used all over the thread and elsewhere in general discussions but in my experience british (i assume people specifically mean english) characters don't seem as rampant on the server as they're made out to be

54 minutes ago, shaobadman said:

i was actually wondering this myself, i've seen this joke used all over the thread and elsewhere in general discussions but in my experience british (i assume people specifically mean english) characters don't seem as rampant on the server as they're made out to be

I've encountered around 6 in one day, 2 days ago.

4 hours ago, shaobadman said:

I think the problem is that yes, there's not as many, but they generally tend to have stories that are much harder to justify by nature of where they're from compared to other immigrants. Most don't RP being specialized professionals being hired from abroad, or international students coming here with a visa, they're just kinda young drifters with no real occupation or reason for being in America, and often work stuff like hospitality, which just makes them stand out as having moved from a country like the UK which has ample opportunities for unspecialized work and with free healthcare, moving to serve coffees and drinks across the world in a country without most the social safety nets Europe has when they could've worked the local pub.

I would go as far as even happily buying into a character concept for your British Barista that's them trying to come here to become a professional actor in Vinewood and washing dishes trying to get a casting call in the meantime. Literally that would be enough to make me happy.

Edited by Koko
  • Upvote 1

[QUICK GUIDE]

How to identify a walking RPQM report.

Step 1 : Identify the car : They usually hang out INSIDE a luxury/sports car more than outside of it (with the added exception of the mansion or beers at an expensive bar/club).

Step 2 : Identify the looks : If they do exit their cars, I would look for dead giveaway combos such as ((MEN)) : The classic fade + beard cut followed up with a pair of 3k Cartier shades - often with skinny jeans. ((WOMEN)): IMVU hair with shades, flashy nails and ripped skinny jeans is an all too common trope, usually seen amongst these people.

Step 3 : Identify the name : By this point, you got close enough to them to read their name. The names are usually something which they deem to sound cool or appear extravagant. BONUS POINTS for however many X-Z-Y's you can fit in. ((+1 point if more than two X'es, Z's or Y's are seen))

Step 4 : Identify the /ex. Judge a man not by their poor taste in design, but by the content of they /ex. There are some obvious things to look out for and I've come up with a sort of a point sheet, it's WIP, feel free to hit me up with suggestions.

Spoiler

Japanese/Brittish immigrant : 10p

Japanese/Brittish accent : 10p

Unexplainable 'badass' scars : 8p

Life story in /ex: 15p

Very Fit with no roleplay - 7p

Perfume - 4p

Russian Immigrant (early to late 30's) - 13p - (( add 7 more if they wear a tracksuit))

Step 5 : If they have collected 20 points and any other identifier from 1-4 applies then proceed with RPQM.

• Upvote 2
  • Wuhtah locked this topic