What ethnicity/nationality gets little representation here?

Kai

On 10/30/2021 at 3:18 PM, Gecko said:

IDK why people hate on stereotype characters. Most of the working class immigrants I've met IRL (Mexican, African, Eastern European, Asian) were pretty stereotypical culturally/socially and always stood out. Nothing wrong with it but most of them lived up to a certain type of interests/behavior you'd expect. The thing about Russians on page 6 is pretty spot on minus the gopnik stuff and fighting.

they're a little predictable and not remotely out of the ordinary in rp servers, it's well and good that you see them irl but that doesn't mean we need that monotony here

maybe i'm alone in thinking so but once you've seen one stereotype character you've seen them all and there isn't much entertainment value in it, it also doesn't really require much effort either

3 hours ago, shaobadman said:
On 10/30/2021 at 3:18 PM, Gecko said:

IDK why people hate on stereotype characters. Most of the working class immigrants I've met IRL (Mexican, African, Eastern European, Asian) were pretty stereotypical culturally/socially and always stood out. Nothing wrong with it but most of them lived up to a certain type of interests/behavior you'd expect. The thing about Russians on page 6 is pretty spot on minus the gopnik stuff and fighting.

they're a little predictable and not remotely out of the ordinary in rp servers, it's well and good that you see them irl but that doesn't mean we need that monotony here

This. Playing into stereotypes is fine and good but not if it doesn't come from some place of cultural understanding and some nuance as to why stereotypes are the way they are. The line between having some comic relief with an abrasive asian uncle and making jokes about eating cats is very thin.

• Upvote 1
On 10/24/2021 at 8:27 PM, imi said:

Americans in LS, everyone has a British accent... (don't hurt me please...!) Or at least just more 'normal LS residents'.

Literally this. Hispanics I understand, but there's a lot of people who RP being straight from Britain/Australia/Serbia/Any other country.

6 minutes ago, sCrax said:

If I see another group of 10 random first-gen Russians that do not speak a word in English I'll poke my eyes out.

On a serious note, we need less first-gen immigrants and more LS natives.

and no brits or at least minimum

• Wuhtah locked this topic