What ethnicity/nationality gets little representation here?

Kai

2 hours ago, Gecko said:

IDK why people hate on stereotype characters. Most of the working class immigrants I've met IRL (Mexican, African, Eastern European, Asian) were pretty stereotypical culturally/socially and always stood out.

Stereotypical portrayal is very hit and miss, and it can devolve into racist caricature easily. Especially when people reduce a race to certain behaviours and negative stereotypes (like how all Russians are violent, all latinas are hotheaded, all X are sexist and homophobic, etc. etc.) There's some particular cultures in which this is done by people who actually love these cultures but reduce them to these stereotypes (Latino characters come to mind for example, I know people are playing a concept they think is really cool and any offense is accidental), and some are not as benign (like most instances of people playing older, 1st generation Asian men running around with a silly accent and being weird and obnoxious because look how funny I talk).

I'd love to see more Californios (or San Andreans in our case) and /actual/ Blaine County locals. Hispanics constitute a large portion of the demographics in rural California, but sometimes all we see on the server are white people moving all the way from Texas or Florida to come live in a small town on the West Coast.

19 minutes ago, Devil said:

I'd love to see more Californios (or San Andreans in our case) and /actual/ Blaine County locals. Hispanics constitute a large portion of the demographics in rural California, but sometimes all we see on the server are white people moving all the way from Texas or Florida to come live in a small town on the West Coast.

and brits who left very good developed country to live in usa, mostly 18-25, if Cameron Howells see this, man, stop it, 18 yo british roadman, na, cut it off.

• Wuhtah locked this topic