What ethnicity/nationality gets little representation here?

Kai

1 hour ago, Kipps said:

take the British characters with their jagged teeth, their stupid suits, their incoherent backstories and their Oliver-Twist-meets-Peaky-Blinders dialects and push them back into the ocean. 

Hhahahah yes remove remove remove em

11 hours ago, Amellis said:

I don't think I've seen a single gipsy in-game...

Females who aren't cringe are scarse too but that's drifting from the original topic

My main character is from northern India, Rajasthan. This is where the Roma originated, and in a way, some of her dress and the like is (of course) like most would consider "Gypsy". I'd love to have friends for her 🙂

Edited by Kai
17 hours ago, Amellis said:

I don't think I've seen a single gipsy in-game...

Females who aren't cringe are scarse too but that's drifting from the original topic

Fortunately, you weren't scammed by the legend, Yoska Makula, the founder of Bad Day Goods, Man went from driving a rusted van with $20,000 in the bank to being a millionaire as a full-time scam artist.

Edited by DLimit
On 10/25/2021 at 6:40 AM, DLimit said:

1. Second or third-generation migrants and/or "Americanized" POC (beyond black or Hispanic).
2. Roma/"Gypsies".

Forgive my ignorance (I grew up in a Roma-majority neighbourhood in Europe) but are Roma people or Roma culture even significantly present in the US? I thought they were mostly disseminated in communities around Europe.

25 minutes ago, Koko said:

Forgive my ignorance (I grew up in a Roma-majority neighbourhood in Europe) but are Roma people or Roma culture even significantly present in the US? I thought they were mostly disseminated in communities around Europe.

Most that migrate to the U.S. usually reside in N.Y. and California, at around 1 million of the U.S. population.

Many of them labour in either entertainment, retail, or are unemployed. They're usually known for their jewelry shops and psychic shops. However, they exist all over, in numerous fields.

Edited by DLimit
Spelling errors
10 hours ago, Kai said:

My main character is from northern India, Rajasthan. This is where the Roma originated, and in a way, some of her dress and the like is (of course) like most would consider "Gypsy". I'd love to have friends for her 🙂

See the source image
Roma we have in Europe, poverty, a lot of uneducated children, no work, very hard situation.

I think it would be cool to see even more Hispanic/Latino characters than there currently are. They should be the majority group IMO so I feel they're still underrepresented even though there's a lot of them. The more-unique ethnic groups I can live without.

21 hours ago, Thirteen said:

As an actual Norwegian IRL, I fully agree with this comment and can explain how unrealistic it would be for a large influx of first-generation Norwegian characters to suddenly appear on the server. Third generation? Sure. Around 800,000 Norwegians migrated to the US about a century ago when the nation was at its poorest. Obviously that has changed a lot in the last 100 years or so.

While I hate to turn this into a political statement, there was actually a bit of a debacle about it here in 2018 after Trump during his time as President made some comments about wanting "fewer immigrants from shithole countries and more immigrants from places like Norway". Because why the fuck would anyone living comfortably in Norway, want to move to a country such as the US?
Norway is one of the richest countries in the world, health care is free, kindergarten is very affordable, parental leave is for a full year and so on.

There are simply no reasons for most Norwegians to move to the US in 2021, and I also wish that people took that into account when creating their character instead of just trying to be a special snowflake by picking a obscure country just for the sake of being unique. 

Rant over. 

Nah they don't pick the country for the sake of being unique, lmao they picked it because they have no idea what they are doing on this server 9 out of 10 they pick their own IRL country that's why lol and hit close to home as much as possible, even their ''character'' background story or any story is legit them IRL and I believe it's a influx of new people with no previous RP experience what so ever. I guess it's only a matter of time till they figure out that they were wrong and need to fix those character portrayal issues, but yet again I have seen some of the most stubborn people on Earth in this community and legit oppose all criticism so they can complete their 12 y/o fantasises.

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic