What's with PD pulling out SWAT for anything and everything?

Yerrr

SWAT was rare before because there were about five of them, then some changes happened and we've sought to max out our roster. We have a set limit on how many operators D Platoon has, and we're nearly to that limit. However, a simple look at the CAD on an average night would show maybe two D units, a couple of K9 units, with the rest all being basic units. This is what I see on my average nights out.

I have a limited knowledge of SEB (the equivalent of SWAT for SD) but they generally patrol solo/in a duo and when paged for they roll out in a big ass team. I don't really see them use unmarked cars etc with three or four people inside as I've seen from PD SWAT. The saturation of unmarked cars is something I'm concerned about.

However, SWAT is generally (or should only be) summoned whenever there's automatic gunfire or a big ass danger to LEOs or the public. I doubt PD SWAT is just generally vibing around in their trucks, and it'd be misleading to suggest the last week and a bit (considering the great night of Terror of Grape v Rancho) has been easygoing, and that SWAT presence hasn't been warranted.

But then again I have seen unmarked units with SWAT peeps just linger around Davis.

Edited by imi
  • Upvote 1
Just now, liq said:

The same way there's an In Game natural killer when you swim too far out in this game, there's a 'natural killer' when there's a dozen shootouts every hour in order to make it stop until the next wave (which happens to be the next day). Cop role-players deal with IC gun crime depending on how distribution and use occurs, alas it's dry when there's little to no distribution but there's plenty when there's numerous gang wars, attacks, etc. ongoing. It's natural and the police certainly don't bring everything they have preemptively, but rather reactionary to an overpowering force. SWAT in itself doesn't deploy unless it deploys for something such as a shooting or a warrant.

Are you sure you aren't making a General Discussion topic out of being sore for losing to SWAT on perhaps more than one occasion? It probably is. Rest assured, nobody role-playing in SWAT or role-playing in the PD overall are there to play to win. More often than not, shootings, active warrants, etc. disrupt the general flow of role-play by having to be called to deal with it.

Making the thread out of poor portrayal in my opinion from SWAT overall. I'm speaking my mind. No one is a sore loser, it's a quality concern. With what I roleplay? Being in jail/prison actually is actually something that we enjoy RPing. It's the quality and portrayal that concerns me. Nobodies a sore loser, my man ask the arresting Officer. I actually enjoyed their roleplay, it was both realistic portrayal from their part and good roleplay overall.  So, yes. I'm sure up not a sore loser, my man.

I think it's a quality issue, just like owning ZR-250's, Pegassi Bati's, Cliffhangers, Scheisser V12's and 10 other cars are a portrayal/quality issue with some other players in the community that don't have an explanation for it.

6 minutes ago, imi said:

I have a limited knowledge of SEB (the equivalent of SWAT for SD) but they generally patrol solo/in a duo and when paged for they roll out in a big ass team. I don't really see them use unmarked cars etc with three or four people inside as I've seen from PD SWAT. The saturation of unmarked cars is something I'm concerned about.

However, SWAT is generally (or should only be) summoned whenever there's automatic gunfire or a big ass danger to LEOs or the public. I doubt PD SWAT is just generally vibing around in their trucks, and it'd be misleading to suggest the last week and a bit (considering the great night of Terror of Grape v Rancho) has been easygoing, and that SWAT presence hasn't been warranted.

But then again I have seen unmarked units with SWAT peeps just linger around Davis.

My SD hero 💕

At least someone sees there are some concerns that surprisingly PD (mostly swat from these responses) don't see.

Edited by Yerrr

Something I'd like to point out is that SWAT isn't the magical bullet, it's important to remember that ordinary cops and deputies also have armour, pistols, shotguns and rifles. Illegal roleplayers are almost always at a disadvantage when it comes to fighting a cop (something that isn't really that good RP anyway...). Nevermind two trucks of SWAT with automatic rifles against probably a machine pistol or something. 

• Upvote 1

This is turning into a piss contest, I'll lock it so we all can move on with our lives and not use discussions thread to complaint and rant about SWAT or gangbangers. 

If there are issues with portrayal of certain characters then take it to RPQM.

• Rohan. locked this topic

Hello. The claims bought up in this thread will be looked into thoroughly and I will work alongside LSPD (and LSPD Metro) leadership to address issues. Any outstanding concerns may be forwarded directly to me, and I'll see what we can figure out. As for one of the topics within this thread, the ratio of male:female SWAT officers; this is already being addressed however that does not mean that they'll simply throw those who are already in back out. It's a long-term solution where SWAT will no longer accept female characters.

Edited by Storm
  • Upvote 5