What's with PD pulling out SWAT for anything and everything?

Yerrr

1 minute ago, Yerrr said:

SWAT cruising around geared up for nothing and just out and about is just as much of a portrayal issue as it is having a 10:4 ratio 10 being female swat members and 4 being males.

It seems they just want to show out and use their cool SUVs (I agree, they look cool!) but pulling out a SWAT team for every little thing down to even prank calls? Cmon bro lol. I'm surprised I don't see them propelling down from the helicopters busting through rooftop windows.

Chicago is rough, I have yet to see SWAT just cruising around looking for some shit to get into.

You were arrested by a SWAT team because you hang with a JT gang, are a child who goes out armed all the time and have been arrested for robbery previously. And you were also armed when we came to arrest you, ran off from us and got beanbagged. I can give statistics to how much we deploy, it's not a lot. 

Let me give you a rundown as to what happened yesterday on PDs side. 

- We had around 5 panic alarms going off, 3 Officers killed during a traffic stop cause the people inside ''had drugs in the car''.

- Chamberlain was shot up by AKs (again).

- Constant shootings in the Forum area minutes after the last shooting occured.

During the weekend in particular, rarely an hour passes without a shots fired call. People run around with automatic firearms, and PF guns they probably received from a friend shoot each other, only to respawn. You have 15 year old teens shooting at Officers to free their friend in cuffs, dying in the process. I think you are getting my point. 

• Upvote 1

The actual ratio is more like 2 males per 1 female. Regardless, we deploy because of IC circumstances and IC reasons brought on by the population of San Andreas. We don't deploy for nothing or for shits and giggles. If you're going to have constant gun fights happening across the majority of South LS with automatics, you know damn well you're going to get SWAT patrolling your territory to suppress crime, and guess what? It actually works.

Edited by Galloway
19 minutes ago, Yerrr said:

SWAT cruising around geared up for nothing

We only cruise around in full gear for one reason:

There's a citywide tac alert (aka lot of shootings)

20 minutes ago, Yerrr said:

pulling out a SWAT team for every little thing down to even prank calls?

If this is referring to the incident today about your arrest, the warrant was marked as high-risk due to a number of factors which are all IC issues. Ultimately, the decision to mark a warrant as high risk comes down to the supervisor who reviews the warrant once a judge signs off, usually the charges on the warrant have nothing to do with the risk of the warrant itself.

Also, we were right in making in high risk since you had a weapon on you when we executed the warrant.

• Upvote 1

I think you're severely misinformed. PD's SWAT primarily suppresses crime only when there's multiple shootings in a short time span (hence suppress). SWAT also happens to serve high risk arrest warrants and portraying 2-striker, actively wanted characters hanging out like the police won't show up and make an arrest is quite possibly why you may be more familiar with SWAT presence unlike the general population. Characters with violent priors (the likeliness of pulling a gun based on prior arrests and charges) are classified as high risk.

The Los Santos Police Department has 26 of its 250 members role-playing SWAT operators. 9 of those role-play female characters. Future recruitment precludes recruitment of female characters in SWAT, yet those already in are grandfathered in. It's why numerous people who are involved said female character presence is something currently being worked on.

Edited by liq
3 minutes ago, Yerrr said:

SWAT trucks rolling out of Mission Row

SWAT is not based out of Mission Row, but this doesn't really matter.

I've had characters who were wanted by all of OSS

OSS is not a SWAT team. It's a group of detectives.

SWAT use to be a rare occurrence

Maybe so, but there has been a drastic increase in shootings, barricaded suspects, and high-risk warrants. All of which warrant a SWAT response. I'm sure SWT can say the same thing.

The same way there's an In Game natural killer when you swim too far out in this game, there's a 'natural killer' when there's a dozen shootouts every hour in order to make it stop until the next wave (which happens to be the next day). Cop role-players deal with IC gun crime depending on how distribution and use occurs, alas it's dry when there's little to no distribution but there's plenty when there's numerous gang wars, attacks, etc. ongoing. It's natural and the police certainly don't bring everything they have preemptively, but rather reactionary to an overpowering force. SWAT in itself doesn't deploy unless it deploys for something such as a shooting or a warrant.

Are you sure you aren't making a General Discussion topic out of being sore for losing to SWAT on perhaps more than one occasion? It probably is. Rest assured, nobody role-playing in SWAT or role-playing in the PD overall are there to play to win. More often than not, shootings, active warrants, etc. disrupt the general flow of role-play by having to be called to deal with it.

• Rohan. locked this topic