Faction Syllabus

Chuckles

The faction system should be designed in a way where official/unofficial doesn't matter. That way there won't be crying about who was made official and who wasn't, whether someone in the staff shows favoritism, which faction deserves something or doesn't deserve it, or issues that get rinsed and repeated across different communities. That way people can just focus on in-game and staff resources can be concentrated on other stuff. That's the ideal system and fix in order to not have threads like this being made.

On 10/24/2021 at 1:00 PM, Koko said:

As you would expect, to be honest, because official factions that have gone on for months or sometimes years might otherwise get steamrolled by the next unofficial group that gathers 15 friends starting with clean police records and a couple (often PF) guns, who then decide to antagonize and Zerg Rush groups of people who have actually cemented their claims with actual months of illegal actions and connections and interactions with the server at large, only to disappear in three weeks (seeing the amount of factions that start with around 10-20 members that then archive by the time they achieve/are eligible to achieve official status and members move on to something different).

Official status to me is more of a display of a faction's staying power than their power level.

I'm going to put my two cents in here, how do you guys feel about new groups being pressed/provoked by established official factions and then being punished for basically giving the official a taste of their own medicine since they're not roleplaying "weaker" ?  I personally feel like it's forcing a OOC agenda in-game, smaller organizations go against bigger ones all time with no issues (especially gangs). People shouldn't be told to tone down or stop being aggressive for role playing something their character would realistically do, which is fight back.

From my personal experience on this server, I can confidently say that out of all subdivisions admins have, IFM struggles the most.

There are indeed double standards in IFM team and sometimes it is extremely obvious. I am not going to point fingers because I don't think there is someone specific to blame for this, I think there is a flaw in the structure of the team itself.

• Upvote 8
1 hour ago, Stanty said:

From my personal experience on this server, I can confidently say that out of all subdivisions admins have, IFM struggles the most.

There are indeed double standards in IFM team and sometimes it is extremely obvious. I am not going to point fingers because I don't think there is someone specific to blame for this, I think there is a flaw in the structure of the team itself.

I love the Illegal Faction Management team. They can do no wrong in my eyes. They are so friendly and helpful.

• Applaud 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic