Faction Syllabus

Chuckles

I didn’t say mine did, I’m speaking in a general sense. Like I said I could provide multiple examples but we’re not going to derail this thread by using specifics. I used my faction as a basis to avoid singling out other other factions.

Please do not derail the thread.

This thread has been great thus far with the discussion.

A warning to those who are trying to derail, please do not go that route as this is constructive criticism and a great way to improve the server - a server in which YOU play on. Try involving yourselves in ways that could bring discussion instead of derailment/toxicity as Chuckles literally brought this to the table to improve / discuss the way things are handled now.

Thanks guys.

I believe that transparency is a very important thing to have in a community like this. If a user of our community believes that there is a case of injustice / double standards going on, or just wants to get an insight on the process, then there is no issue with that. 

Edited by Wuhtah
Deleted quote.

To me it seems like this thread underscores that our current official system needs another name. Even on significantly smaller servers, or servers with lower overall RP standards, the "official" process took longer and was a much more robust measure of quality. What's happening on GTA:W is barely more than a verification process to allow a faction to keep existing past a certain point.

It's boggling to me that the crux of this thread is "I had a faction for a few weeks and I wasn't made official as fast as some other factions." Your average RPer on GTA:W waits weeks or months for business leases and that's business as usual. Factions on GTA:W have obscene amounts of power to influence other people's RP without their consent and yet the turn-around time for them starts feeling unfairly long after only 4 weeks? In no other way on GTA:W can a character be birthed out of the aether's ass along with a few coincidentally highly loyal goons (all played by friends from other communities) and within 4 weeks have enough power to disrupt other people's RP and force CKs.

Maybe there is more room to appreciate that the IFM has an incredibly generous and faction-friendly approach to verification on this server rather than nitpicking about whether a faction was made official 72 hours before yours or not. Maybe.

4 hours ago, Свето said:

It does effect both IC and OOC, often times unofficial groups are asked to roleplay weaker (less prominent) to avoid them starting conflicts with larger official factions.

It seems pretty reasonable to me that a faction which is not even four weeks old should be roleplaying weaker and less prominent factions, and if anything it's remarkably a quick turn-around that on this server it only takes a few weeks for your faction to become "strong and prominent." I rarely see this reflected in the actual RP of new factions on GTA:W and I'm glad that the admin team is making this distinction and trying to nudge the server towards this standard.

Edited by Ink
29 minutes ago, Ink said:

It seems pretty reasonable to me that a faction which is not even four weeks old should be roleplaying weaker and less prominent factions, and if anything it's remarkably a quick turn-around that on this server it only takes a few weeks for your faction to become "strong and prominent." I rarely see this reflected in the actual RP of new factions on GTA:W and I'm glad that the admin team is making this distinction and trying to nudge the server towards this standard.

I'm not arguing against it, I'm just saying there is a system in place which does make a difference between the two, and from what I know, it is largely case-to-case based.

5 hours ago, Свето said:

It does effect both IC and OOC, often times unofficial groups are asked to roleplay weaker (less prominent) to avoid them starting conflicts with larger official factions.

As you would expect, to be honest, because official factions that have gone on for months or sometimes years might otherwise get steamrolled by the next unofficial group that gathers 15 friends starting with clean police records and a couple (often PF) guns, who then decide to antagonize and Zerg Rush groups of people who have actually cemented their claims with actual months of illegal actions and connections and interactions with the server at large, only to disappear in three weeks (seeing the amount of factions that start with around 10-20 members that then archive by the time they achieve/are eligible to achieve official status and members move on to something different).

Official status to me is more of a display of a faction's staying power than their power level.

Edited by Koko
  • Wuhtah locked this topic