I suddenly can't connect with my mobile hotspot...?

Ratlady

Okay, yes I know using a mobile hotspot to get online is spotty, but I've been doing it for 4 months and had decent results.

After the last update that added furniture (not sure if this has anything to do with it), I cannot connect using my hotspot whatsoever. It launches the launcher, gets to "validating server assets" and then proceeds to tell me I need to download anywhere from 40mb to 2000mb of server assets. And the number changes with each attempt.

I've used my neighbors wifi to connect and it'll log me in just fine but her network persistently cuts out so it's not reliable. 

I'm working on saving to pay for my own ISP but in the meantime does anyone have any idea why my hot spot just WONT let me connect after 4 months of using it? I dont understand at all.

Also, when it does ask me to download assets, it tries to download but the progress bar keeps resetting.

It's very confusing.

Pls send an adult to help me.

Edited by Ratlady
12 hours ago, Ratlady said:

Also, when it does ask me to download assets, it tries to download but the progress bar keeps resetting.

It's very confusing.

Pls send an adult to help me.

i am currently playing using mobile hotspot, and this happened to me as well. i don't know how I fixed this issue but it's like the launcher keeps downloading resourcers even if the progress bar is resetted. so i think it's a visual bug. 

Hey @Ratlady sorry for this double post. Just now Rage was downloading 200mb and the progress bar kept resetting, I waited ten minutes and restarted rage, now I am IG :)

The probably solution is:
> let rage download for ten, twenty minutes and ignore the progress bar
> restart rage

On 10/24/2021 at 2:41 AM, bncal said:

Hey @Ratlady sorry for this double post. Just now Rage was downloading 200mb and the progress bar kept resetting, I waited ten minutes and restarted rage, now I am IG 🙂

The probably solution is:
> let rage download for ten, twenty minutes and ignore the progress bar
> restart rage

I ended up using a neighbors wifi to download the assets and it still wont let me connect via my hotspot.

Idk why it just started this last week but I'm stumped. 

I usually connect with my hotspot to download server assets and anything else cause my internet speed just quite frankly sucks. Some days ago rage started making me download assets that are not tell even with my home wi-fi, I've still not found a way to fix it, and it's random as well, sometimes it lets me play, sometimes it doesn't, it's very random on my end, I've tried reinstalling rage and also reinstalling the server's assets and the problem still persists. 

11 hours ago, WatchingEye said:

I’m still experiencing it after the new update, however if I connect through my hotspot and wait for the “launching game” screen to pop up before switching back to my home wi-fi i can get in game.

I cant even get to the launching bit on my hotspot. Glad it's not just me. But unhappy that we cant really figure it out. 

Edited by Ratlady

Hi.

Speaking based on personal experience and speculations. Sometimes a certain IP address(es) allocated to you by your ISP maybe flagged by one of the connection route of the server in firewall, the IP address's previous owner was either hacked or was involved in malicious activity. This can often times break connectivity. In other instances, it could be because of ISP imposed firewall on certain ports sometimes because someone else in your ISP's network is getting DDoS'ed or for whatever reason ISP is throttling. There are many reasons behind the problem you're facing, and it's fine. 

How to tackle?

I use Cloudflare WARP to tackle this issue. Cloudflare acts like a VPN, however, it's main goal is to encrypt your datapackets and prevent your ISP from snooping into your traffic by making changes in your connection, and DNS. Sometimes it may also hide your IP, but most of the time, it's open. The main thing it does is, it changes your connection route to Cloudflare's global network of datacenters and take you to the destination server as fast as possible, which in this case, is GTA World's OVH route. Best part? WARP is free. No, I do not work for cloudflare. I'm just trying to help.

You can check https://1.1.1.1 and download their app. I use it, and whenever my ISP is acting funny, I just turn it on and it cuts any potential lag.

Also note, this isn't ideal for daily browsing. Sometimes it can trigger captcha for sites who have high security enabled because as always, its a VPN IP and it can flag you suspicious. If you are forced to solve captchas, solve it once and turn it off. Use it only while gaming.

🙂

• Wuhtah locked this topic