Bring Davis LTD back

kirbyz

5 minutes ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

Would love to hear from whoever removed it so we can finally get confirmation on why it was removed, most of the people in charge of the systems in place never seem to have a concurring answer for anything and seem just about as confused as us when people starting asking actual questions.

Please refer to my post. Also, can we get discussion on if we want it brought back or not? Let's not derail because I am willing to give you guys an administrative voice on the Davis LTD coming back or not. If I'm shot down, I will get the reason.

This post is about if the players want it back or not. Please stay on topic everyone.

Let's not bring it back the shockingly low rp quality has spread to certain other LTDs in suburban areas and I'd rather it go away entirely. The blatant deathmatching/gang threats on store owners still happens- it's just no longer focused in one place. Bad RPers will be bad RPers. 

16 hours ago, Wuhtah said:

Hi, 

This is more of a property management question, so I'll go ahead and chime in. 

I'm not too positive on why we took Davis LTD away - I believe it was never supposed to be a straight up business owned by anyone (a very few selective gas stations are owned by players which are applied for through the UCP under LEASES). I currently do not see this property listed as a lease property under the property management panel, so perhaps that is why. 

Property was removed because of the roleplay standards of the employees, owner and the people around it. In the span of 24 hours you could easily see at least 20 bodies there, give or take. The business was constantly open which forced people to go to Davis for basic purchases, this on its own isn't an issue. The standards of roleplay provided by the employees at the time were abysmal and they were often involved in conflicts that took place at the gas station in one way or another. 

The amount of crime happening at Davis LTD was exceeding all limits and to resolve the issue and help out law enforcement that were essentially trapped at Davis LTD for hours every day, the property was removed, which in turn solved exactly what we (PM at the time) wanted. 

On topic: For the property to go back into someone's hands, PM would have to heavily consider consequences of that and heavily monitor the roleplay standards of the business. It could work, but I sincerely doubt that anything would turn out different from last time. 

Edit: Hope this answers your questions @BINGBONGGHOST

Edited by nateX
  • Thanks 2

Part of me misses it for what it could be (and sometimes was), but it would need some real oversight and to be trusted to a member of the community with a particular vision for it to balance the fantasy of a very rough service station in a crime-ridden area without making it become a constant shootout.

6 hours ago, Zetara said:

Let's not bring it back the shockingly low rp quality has spread to certain other LTDs in suburban areas and I'd rather it go away entirely. The blatant deathmatching/gang threats on store owners still happens- it's just no longer focused in one place. Bad RPers will be bad RPers. 

I do partially agree with this sentiment too though. LTDs are a meeting point for people trying to stir up senseless conflict for the thrill of a confrontation even when it doesn't make a lot of sense. It's better than it used to be now (scenes still happen too regularly) but the Koreatown LTD absorbed a lot of this RP coming from people from other neighborhoods just using the fact that there's civilians RPing around it to just provoke mindlessly for a laugh.

1 hour ago, ThatMuricanGuy said:

You know what? Bring it back, it brought some of the lowest quality roleplayers to one spot, this would allow admins to just watch the store for a few moments and just remove the folks who are here to troll and provide roleplay quality a roblox server would scoff at. 

Oh! A jailbait.

Since no one touched on the FD side of this yet I'll go ahead and do so. During the time Davis 24/7 was open, there would be multiple shootings there per day and as a result, the entire faction quickly got burnt out by responding to these, especially when the majority of the roleplayers there at the time didn't care to roleplay with us, go afk for long periods, or constantly try and PK themselves out of situations with unrealistic injuries to avoid consequences. I honestly can't remember how many times my character responded to shootings or stabbings at Davis 24/7, it was far too many and the roleplay was nothing short of abysmal.

I'm all for reopening it to give players the chance to prove they can shine around the place with their roleplay, however, should history repeat itself then I can definitely imagine that FD would be prioritizing other calls over this area despite injury urgency as its not fair to the players who spend their time roleplaying with people who don't care to and simply waste peoples time.