Bring Davis LTD back

kirbyz

Hi, 

This is more of a property management question, so I'll go ahead and chime in. 

I'm not too positive on why we took Davis LTD away - I believe it was never supposed to be a straight up business owned by anyone (a very few selective gas stations are owned by players which are applied for through the UCP under LEASES). I currently do not see this property listed as a lease property under the property management panel, so perhaps that is why. 

If you'd like to see this be owned by players, I highly suggest forum PMing Nightmare Night and Selena as they are/were the head and assistant head of leasing. Those two can give you a definite yes or no answer as well for why it's not brought back. 

5 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

Literally nothing stops people from rping around the shop right? I guess it was removed from player businesses, because it's literally a groundzero in many conflicts. deathmatching situations or robberies.

Perhaps this is why we haven't fully given it out as a lease, but even if robberies were to evolve around it - you'll need admin supervision. Maybe it was getting out of control for the lack of /reports of robbing it and the increase of /reports for issues it was causing. 

If the majority of the player base wants to see this open again, I have no problem bringing this to Frezemis/Selena myself. But just know, you as players, can do it right now in a forum PM. If the majority does want it back, I'll take the initiative. 

11 minutes ago, Wuhtah said:

I'm not too positive on why we took Davis LTD away - I believe it was never supposed to be a straight up business owned by anyone (a very few selective gas stations are owned by players which are applied for through the UCP under LEASES). I currently do not see this property listed as a lease property under the property management panel, so perhaps that is why. 

Pretty sure it was disabled due to the events that took place there constantly. Could be wrong, but I believe they disabled it to try and reduce the crime there and promote some different roleplay elsewhere.

• Upvote 1

As doodoo as the RP surrounding it was I wouldn't mind it returning if more people are willing to report the bad apples, was a RP hub for south-central and when it worked the way it was intended it was honestly one of the best parts of the server, especially playing a character that's not specifically a local and shitting your pants on the way in n out.

5 minutes ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

As doodoo as the RP surrounding it was I wouldn't mind it returning if more people are willing to report the bad apples, was a RP hub for south-central and when it worked the way it was intended it was honestly one of the best parts of the server, especially playing a character that's not specifically a local and shitting your pants on the way in n out.

People were reporting bad apples. Least twice a day, which is why it was shut down.

Just now, Engelbert said:

People were reporting bad apples. Least twice a day, which is why it was shut down.

Would love to hear from whoever removed it so we can finally get confirmation on why it was removed, most of the people in charge of the systems in place never seem to have a concurring answer for anything and seem just about as confused as us when people starting asking actual questions.

• Upvote 2