What are your addictions/vices, and what piece of advice you'd give someone who's falling into them?

caballero

There was only one other person who said this: Gambling, more specifically online gambling.

I used to get paid on a Friday morning and lose every penny after midnight. Some weeks were alright, but others weren't great. I didn't seek help, I figured that seeking help was admitting fault, so instead I used https://www.gamcare.org.uk/ to deal with it.  Now if I wanna make an account on any gambling website, it instantly blocks the account. 

If people can't believe this part too, but to help get myself off of gambling, I just did GTAW gambling instead. Around the height of my addiction was November 2020, I used to make characters, afk for 40 hours and gamble away every $200,000 I got. I'm probably why there's so many gambling truckers out there. 

i also smoke 30 cigarettes a day, i'm probably gonna be dead by 30

• Thanks 1

I have to be careful because I have a very compulsive personality. I tend to binge on any substance I have easy access to (translates to gaming or drinking, too), and have abused a lot for coping and in many cases as a vehicle to socialize, which is absolutely dangerous.

Never use drugs that others use recreationally because you think they help you in any way.

I have a very broad history of drug use, but was particularly addicted to Speed/Amphetamine and Cocaine due to it being rampant in my area, and me working and being involved in my city's nightlife scene.

I have lost quite a lot of friends to the drug culture in my city, but one day I had a thought after trying to sober up on a Sunday morning after a 72 hour binge of Speed, MDMA, Acid and who knows what else. I realized that every single one of my friends was in this same depth as me. Quitting would mean either becoming a hermit, or being tempted every time I saw these people I loved.

I moved countries, and started a new career there. I realized my only way forward otherwise was an early death. I still struggle with alcoholism when I am going through a rough patch, but I have kept away from contacts with the drug world, and have only done drugs a couple of times completely recreationally.

For others struggling: if you have built a life around drugs, starting a new one saved mine. It could save yours too.

Edited by Koko
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • Kenth locked this topic