NPC Mechanic System

Coach

54 minutes ago, Selena said:

I’m unsure what you mean “when I see it” I’m very clear in the GTAW Property Management announcement channel where I state what’s happening and going on.

we need to consider the amount of work PM already handle…

Sorry I should’ve been more clear on your first point in what I meant by believe it when is we it. There are for sure more mechanic shops opening. But it’s not fixing the problem. So that’s what I meant by I’ll believe when I see it.

As to your second point, I am by no means saying PM or any other group who help keep this server running and so much fun to play are not doing enough. So please please don’t take it that way. In fact, I’d argue that’s another reason to find middle ground with NPC garages. It’ll help alleviate needing to constantly be searching for new garage owners, too.

I agree allowing all mods to be done at an NOC garage is not the way to go. I revised my original suggestion with that footnote as that is a very fair point in my opinion. But even with the changes mentioned and adding a couple garages now and again I don’t see it fixing the problem. Especially those who, like mentioned a few responses above, aren’t able to play at peak hours or even close to them.

Honestly, who takes their vehicle to a garage for the RP? Nobody and this is a fact, something that you can easily see if you go to the garages you will simply see a queue of people waiting for the mechanic to hand them a catalog (which is so dumb btw) so they can pick parts from it, then pull the vehicle inside of the garage so the mechanic can throw some emotes that nobody is going to see (as if there is someone actually interested in seeing that anyways) while the customer waits outside AFK.

How is this something good that doesn't need to change? Who enjoys this? The mechanic who is inside all alone throwing emotes just because the rules says they have to do it? The customer who is waiting afk just eager to get his car back to leave the place and don't come back again?

I know there is people interested in mechanic RP (actual mechanic RP), I find myself among those, but when you are actually looking after this kind of RP you never go to a garage open to the public for obvious reasons, you are not going to find that there when they are busy trying to clear the insane queue of people.

When you guys say NPCing this is bad because it destroys RP, what RP you mean...? The "hey man, need a catalog? Let me know when you are done." RP? Is that your standard for mechanic RP? Seriously.

So I'm definitely supporting this.

Edited by Macarroncito
1 hour ago, Macarroncito said:

Honestly, who takes their vehicle to a garage for the RP? Nobody and this is a fact, something that you can easily see if you go to the garages you will simply see a queue of people waiting for the mechanic to hand them a catalog (which is so dumb btw) so they can pick parts from it, then pull the vehicle inside of the garage so the mechanic can throw some emotes that nobody is going to see (as if there is someone actually interested in seeing that anyways) while the customer waits outside AFK.

How is this something good that doesn't need to change? Who enjoys this? The mechanic who is inside all alone throwing emotes just because the rules says they have to do it? The customer who is waiting afk just eager to get his car back to leave the place and don't come back again?

I know there is people interested in mechanic RP (actual mechanic RP), I find myself among those, but when you are actually looking after this kind of RP you never go to a garage open to the public for obvious reasons, you are not going to find that there when they are busy trying to clear the insane queue of people.

When you guys say NPCing this is bad because it destroys RP, what RP you mean...? The "hey man, need a catalog? Let me know when you are done." RP? Is that your standard for mechanic RP? Seriously.

So I'm definitely supporting this.

You know normally people leave the car in the garage cause installing bajillion mods they ordered takes few days. Rp is rp, the fact that most of people just stay there afking only means, that they lack creativity. Light up a smoke, call someone or play a game on your phone, while you wait. Counts as rp too.

Besides the amount of people in daily queue waiting for new engine mods, rims, bumpers etc etc. is ridiculous. It seems like majority of the city drives modded cars.

Edited by Engelbert
50 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

You know normally people leave the car in the garage cause installing bajillion mods they ordered takes few days. Rp is rp, the fact that most of people just stay there afking only means, that they lack creativity. Light up a smoke, call someone or play a game on your phone, while you wait. Counts as rp too.

Besides the amount of people in daily queue waiting for new engine mods, rims, bumpers etc etc. is ridiculous. It seems like majority of the city drives modded cars.

People wait for engine mods because you can't decide what package want from the factory, irl I can buy a BMW with M package or default package.

• Upvote 1

Honestly, just make sure the mechanic shops are open more often and add some so there's better coverage.

This suggestion could work for maintenance and security upgrades as mentioned early on. Other than that, it really needs to be roleplay like the server wants to focus on (and rightly so), despite it being extremely annoying to have to look like a hawk for a mechanic shop to open (and advertise their opening, because of the perfect storm happening when one does open). I feel this isn't completely it, but a fix for mechanic shops not opening enough needs to be found. (It's beyond me why mechanic shops don't lobby for a script where they can add a car owned by character X (customer) to a fleet of shop Y so they can work on it based on an appointment system they could arrange ICly with players). It's also quite strange we strive for realism and characters don't have a set shop they go to/call when something is up with their car.

Vehicle roleplay could (and should?) be expanded on massively with other suggestions like tires wearing or getting punctures, check engine lights coming on at random because a fault was detected by the car/a sensor broke, etc.

8 hours ago, Selena said:

We open garages periodically in fact we just issued one… I’m unsure what you mean “when I see it” I’m very clear in the GTAW Property Management announcement channel where I state what’s happening and going on.

In fact let me provide you with the details. This morning I stated and quote: “We’ll be opening two garages this week — normal leases will be parked so we can tackle the current inactivity of the garages. Keep an eye out for the next announcement here to when they’re available.

To add to that we’ll be opening one in the county and one for the city.”

The details discussed within our leadership chat:

https://imgur.com/a/RtxEEOz

(Fucking MACS don't upload too well)

Additionally, inactivity has always been an issue with garages - whilst that's a problem we've been trying to tackle all year be it through factions requesting it or just opening them up more frequently - we've tried opening 2 at a time, we need to consider the amount of work PM already handle. Whilst I understand the need to satisfy all your needs with it being vehicle leases, property leases, mechanic garages, property requests, houses and so on - we get roughly 30 applications per 1 garage opening, times that by 2 when another open at the same time, make that 60 applications. Along with them being available to all players to apply to for a week.

We get (as always mentioned) 170+ applications per opening of houses, properties and leases. We have been exploring new ways to tackle the wait time but as I said - we're trying to make this open to all players and to fix it. 

Have you, or has PM, ever considered they handle too many things in general? PM admins always complain about (and probably rightly so) their workload (or state it is so high). There must be a way to reduce that workload so you can actually focus on making sure everything is done in a timely manner.

This isn't criticism, and I don't want to tell anyone how to prioritize their time, but taking time off work as suggested in that screenshot, goes (too) far.

I think the chosen policy surrounding character owned/leased property hasn't evolved with the increase in player numbers and needs work.

50 minutes ago, Hendrixx20 said:

No Just no

Either PM Focuses on the current super inactive garages and open them for lease again or find some new places just like Selena said.

I really don’t understand this argument as it hasn’t made a difference since I’ve been on this server. There certainly may be outside factors I’m unaware of, but the fact is it’s not working either way. This suggestion only helps PM as it will relieve some of the stress of having to frantically search for active garage owners.

I don’t see how this suggestion is any different than any other essential shop/store/service on this server that allows NPC when player run businesses aren’t open. Why is there a double standard there? Why can Ammunation be NPCed but I can’t get some locks on my car without wasting hours of my life trying to win the garage lottery? It’s a little disheartening to see some so close minded on the idea but offer no real reason/logic/facts behind it. I’m not saying the suggestion is perfect, I’ve already tweaked it with great feedback and points from others.

I get we want to hold back from NPC stuff but the server needs to adapt from time to time as it has in the past.

If you don’t want to allow NPC garages, fine. Then allow us to purchase vehicles with better locks/anti-theft/alarms/etc because IRL that’s how it works. I don’t wait over a month to find an overcrowded mechanic open for 30 minutes and get my car stolen numerous times over that month. There has to be some give one way or another. I by no means want to “ruin” mechanic RP and fail to see how this suggestion hurts the server and it’s community more than it helps. 

1 minute ago, Coach said:

I really don’t understand this argument as it hasn’t made a difference since I’ve been on this server. There certainly may be outside factors I’m unaware of, but the fact is it’s not working either way. This suggestion only helps PM as it will relieve some of the stress of having to frantically search for active garage owners.

I don’t see how this suggestion is any different than any other essential shop/store/service on this server that allows NPC when player run businesses aren’t open. Why is there a double standard there? Why can Ammunation be NPCed but I can’t get some locks on my car without wasting hours of my life trying to win the garage lottery? It’s a little disheartening to see some so close minded on the idea but offer no real reason/logic/facts behind it. I’m not saying the suggestion is perfect, I’ve already tweaked it with great feedback and points from others.

I get we want to hold back from NPC stuff but the server needs to adapt from time to time as it has in the past.

If you don’t want to allow NPC garages, fine. Then allow us to purchase vehicles with better locks/anti-theft/alarms/etc because IRL that’s how it works. I don’t wait over a month to find an overcrowded mechanic open for 30 minutes and get my car stolen numerous times over that month. There has to be some give one way or another. I by no means want to “ruin” mechanic RP and fail to see how this suggestion hurts the server and it’s community more than it helps. 

Devil's advocate, but buying a vehicle shouldn't be an NPC'd interaction either.