[LSNN] Evening News - October 18th, 2021

5yHwzO3.png

Y8l4IDT.png

Evening News - October 18th, 2021

L1ySFNY.png

BY LSNN

Los Santos, SA - On October 18th 2021, Brianna Campbell conducted the evening news. This is a recording of the broadcast.

FeFYCme.png

Brianna Campbell in the studio

Brianna Campbell: Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to the evening news on LSNN. I'm Brianna Campbell.

Brianna Campbell: Local news. A tragic shooting overshadowed yesterday's one year anniversary party of the popular society hub Fantasia Event Hall. According to witnesses, shots were fired in front of the crowded establishment at approximately ten-twenty four.

Y8l4IDT.png

[VIDEO: A very blurry video recorded with a phone is shown, displaying a blonde man in a jogging suit, being fired upon several times from a short distance. Other men, supposed security guards, return fire. After two more men get shot, the recorder seeks cover.]

NLXEgxV.png

Y8l4IDT.png

Brianna Campbell: The initial shooting caused one death at the scene, with two more men being transported to Pillbox Medical by the Fire Department. According to witnesses, the initial fight started inside the building, with the shooting in front being alleged "retaliation" for this.

Brianna Campbell: The police confirmed three suspects to be shot on the run, rumors speak of Fantasia Hall being shut down for the foreseeable future as it is not the first such incident at the establishment- LSNN reported.

Brianna Campbell: Whether a shooting in front of a nightclub will actually leads to its closure is doubtable, however.

Brianna Campbell: "I used to pride myself running the safest establishment in the city", so a seemingly devastated Lizzy Summers, Fantasia's Manager, told LSNN, while also thanking the authorities for their quick and decisive action.

Brianna Campbell: Fantasia's owner, Dante Ricci, had the following to say- "Violence isn’t something new in Los Santos... But right now… I don’t think I’ve ever seen it get as bad as it is now. I mean, hell, Lizzy and I had guns pointed at us when we were out in the middle of the water on our boat. Frankly, I'm embarrassed for my city."

Brianna Campbell: Moving on to politics. The State treasurer's office publish the September spending report the other week. Almost twenty six million dollars have been distributed.

Y8l4IDT.png

Y8l4IDT.png

Brianna Campbell: The Lion's share of which went to the Courts and the Port Authority. Particularly the former's performance has been heavily criticized from various sides the past months, reaching from the petition to make DA Melanie Cromwell resign up to the controversy about excluding the public from the court.

Brianna Campbell: Education with a total of zero point three percent spending makes a sad last in the city's budget.

Brianna Campbell: As for the weather, tonight it is sunny and clear with currently sixty five degrees in downtown. No rain is expected.

Brianna Campbell: This was Brianna Campbell with the evening news for LSNN, thank you for watching and have a good night, ladies and gentlemen.

Y8l4IDT.png

vBDvzT0.png

> Comments are enabled

Username: 

Comment:

Edited by starcaller
  • Upvote 4
  • Applaud 1

Username:  xoCindyQuartzox

Comment: Great job Bri. But as a witness to the event, I have to say the police had a seriously SLOW response time, almost 25 minutes to arrive on scene. and I find it honestly insane how they are trying to shut down fantasia for a tragic event that happened OUTSIDE the property, its not exactly a "G6" situation again. I fully support the police but the way they have handled the situation is pathetic.

Username:  TheRealCarrySaunders

Comment: Just a few things in addition to above: An LSPD Detective arrived on scene first five minutes after the first shot. What's correct is that it took eighteen minutes for additional cruisers to arrive and actually secure the scenery (by which time other unites were already in pursuit of the suspects for our best information).

Just letting you know @Cindy!

• starcaller changed the title to [LSNN] Evening News - October 18th, 2021

Username: NikTheGreek

Comment: It is nice to see LSNN getting some much needed changes in adding new staff and attracting previous ones back! As far as the shooting is concerned, it is something that can be examined from many angles, though one thing is certain: The people that own and run Fantasia Event Hall are not to blame for the stupidity of some deliquents that chose to draw a gun and open fire into a crowd. Their business should be allowed to continue and not "ordered" to shut down as the interior isn't even an active crime scene.

Edited by Kraethas
  • Upvote 1