Cruise control for tugs and bigger boats

latenight

Short description: Let tug and bigger boats have cruise control

Detailed description: As tug is slow as hell and It takes so much time to go from point a to b, adding a cruise control just for it and other big boats would be very beneficial and realistic.

Commands to add: -

Items to add: -

How would your suggestion improve the server? As you know, most of the people fish by themselves, this cruise control would let them have more fun and make it less boring to just ride through the waves for half an hour. It's also very realistic for boats to have cruise control, most of the times the captain or the operator just adjusts the speed of the boat and helps his crew with fishing. 

Additional information: I know the fishing with a boat system is new, but I wanted to give a suggestion so maybe you guys can also update it even more.

• Applaud 1

I don't see an issue with this personally. +1

A funny image came to mind of a captain seeing an obstacle at sea and running back to his cabin, only for GTA physics to kick in and he's thrown off the boat and the boat itself just slowly but surely sails off into the distance. (Could actually be neat little RP scenarios made from this actually lmao)

When cruise control was implemented it was working on boats as well but they removed, you know that because of gtav physics when the vehicle enters in fall stage it accelerates a lot (kinda similar to how driving over bumps with a car works) and this happens continuously with boats so when you enabled the cruise control with a boat it could easily reach over 300mph 🤣 I'm guessing that's why they removed it.

A speed limiter as well as automatic throttle might be the workaround/fix for the dysfunctional cruise control in boats? /sp does not cause issues in cars like cruise control does. So I reckon, since it only limits the speed, it should work on boats. Automated throttle (I suspect the captain needs to be at the wheel regardless cause GTA doesn't allow for a vehicle to move without a driver, autonomous is likely not going to work) could still be a nice thing for roleplay purposes.

So I'd think adding /throttle [1-100] (if throttle position could be put in as a percentage, full throttle is fine if not) could work if /sp [1-30] would work on boats.

On 10/20/2021 at 4:30 PM, Triple Seven said:

A speed limiter as well as automatic throttle might be the workaround/fix for the dysfunctional cruise control in boats? /sp does not cause issues in cars like cruise control does. So I reckon, since it only limits the speed, it should work on boats. Automated throttle (I suspect the captain needs to be at the wheel regardless cause GTA doesn't allow for a vehicle to move without a driver, autonomous is likely not going to work) could still be a nice thing for roleplay purposes.

So I'd think adding /throttle [1-100] (if throttle position could be put in as a percentage, full throttle is fine if not) could work if /sp [1-30] would work on boats.

+100000

• Wuhtah locked this topic