Newbie tips

Lithium

Welcome to the community! 

There are a lot of great guides in the forums that you can rely on and don't hesitate to use the /helpme command while in game or the #newbie-help channel on the GTAW Discord if you get stuck with a question that you need answered rather quickly if no one else is able to help you. Although I started on the server back in 2019, I would recommend just getting out into the world and visiting open businesses and sort of watching how people interact until you get more comfortable with the server! 

Best of luck on your character development, most importantly have fun!  

Welcome to GTAW!

Idk that many good tips, but here's one so you don't end like me when I first joined.

When you get your character's drivers license, you can use /showlicenses [name] or /sdl [name] to show it to someone. Whether that be a cop pulling you over, or to a club bouncer to enter. Don't do what I did, and use /do to write out your character's date of birth, name, and everything.

Edited by ScarletRose

Most the of time people want to join and RP a bloodthirsty criminal. I recommend when joining, just roleplay being a normal guy for a bit until you get the feel for everything. If a faction peeks your interest? Start looking up roleplay guides.

I've been roleplaying for eight years and there's still a lot of times where I look a guides for certain things. Roleplay is so vast because it's essentially endless, you can imagine yourself as anybody you want as long as you keep it realistic.

Welcome to GTA World!

If roleplaying within the illegal roleplay scene catches your eye more than legal roleplay, take a look at the factions section (you can view either official factions or unofficial groups, whichever aligns with what you want to roleplay more!). For starting as an illegal character, just roleplay as a normal person and let that character fall into that world, you will enjoy the roleplay a lot more than starting out as Pablo Escobar from the start.

For legal/LEO roleplay, you have Los Santos Police Department, Los Santos County Sheriffs Department, Los Santos Fire Department, State Fire Marshalls or San Andreas Park Rangers, a wide variety of roleplay for you to get involved in. For any assistance when you're in game, you can use the /helpme command or the newbie-help channel on discord!

You guys have presented a ton of great ideas, thank you guys so much!

Most ideas suggested that I start off as a normal guy and see where life takes my character, and that I shall do.

My character has already started working for Vespucci Smokes, today was his first day on the job and he had just bought a really nice suit because the owner asked him to dress well while on the job; which made him think of changing his entire wardrobe and shifting from loose and oversized clothing to a more formal attire.

I'm trying to allow each and every single thing that happens around/to him to take a toll on his development and overall, I think he's more-likely to be on the police force since his father was a police officer too.

I can't thank you enough for the warm welcome and I can't wait to see you all in-game.

Many thanks!

• Upvote 3

This servers script is very advanced and can be confusing to someone that isn't familiar with it. When I first started playing on this server it took me 20 minutes to figure out how to find my car LOL What I recommend is joining the GTAW discord as well as becoming acquainted with the most common commands to start off with. Don't be afraid to ask a tester in game for help if you run into trouble. Always play with an open mind and keep toxicity level to non existent. I've been role playing for over 6 years and there's still so much to learn. Always keep an open mind and be willing to improve. Welcome and have fun! 

Have fun, meet people, make friends and make sure you keep your shadowplay recording if you're planning on doing some gang roleplay because those mfers will report you by the moment they catch you in their eyesight or as soon as they see you coming from miles away.

• Wuhtah locked this topic