Rule 6 - Removing under 16s

Coburn

59 minutes ago, Sentryzu said:

2021-10-08_15h25_41.png

👍

Wondering if you read anything other than underage in that sentence...

In relation to the actual topic - I've never had any sort of fucked interactions with underage characters, and nobody I play with has either.   I'm willing to bet that anyone who has, has got themselves into that situation, or they are projecting on a story they once heard about their uncles goldfish's best pal.

Also, a teenage kid who thinks they are the utter shit cat calling a woman isn't some taboo thing and it most certainly isn't flirting. 

Just now, ThatMuricanGuy said:

As with everyone else in this thread, I agree, however I think 16 year olds should be locked behind some kind of application be it through IFM or RPQM, it's getting annoying to see people roleplaying as children get mad when they get treated like adults while they act like adults and result with a "/me is 16 and just got tazed." is just bad portrayal and roleplay.

I mean what you just quoted seems like a rulebreak, isn't making salty emotes a violation of ig1? I'd say cap the character age at 15 at the very least, because it is around that age that most people are dragged into the gangs and brainwashed; limiting it to 18 serves no purpose whatsoever.

I support this suggestion but it should be 16+.

Gang RP is vital. Most players start with 16 years old and slowly climb to 18, depending on their character development. Setting it strictly to 18 can ruin stuff. I do not see any issue with setting it to 16+ but, they should be restricted to minor crimes for example (battery, assault and such) until they are 18 or older, if their character development allows it.

Any younger should be strictly application only.

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, Phased said:

Wondering if you read anything other than underage in that sentence...

In relation to the actual topic - I've never had any sort of fucked interactions with underage characters, and nobody I play with has either.   I'm willing to bet that anyone who has, has got themselves into that situation, or they are projecting on a story they once heard about their uncles goldfish's best pal.

Also, a teenage kid who thinks they are the utter shit cat calling a woman isn't some taboo thing and it most certainly isn't flirting. 

no underage chars = problem solved

found the "tuff kid" rper

• Upvote 1

I could see the argument to ban characters under 15/16 but if you advocate banning all under 18 characters you’re going to kill gang rp. 9.5/10 street gangs recruit 12-16 year olds. Entire cliques of gangs are made up of minors. There’s a shit ton of people that do it wrong but there’s many that do it right. Banning underage characters won’t make the people playing them poorly be any less of a DMer or a power gamer and it’ll only punish people that are doing it right. 

This would destroy Gang RP. Just report the players that don't portray their characters, properly, rather than ruining it for those that make an attempt to develop their character from the bottom up. Most gang factions age up their characters by one year, every month. 

This has been suggested 100 times in the past, and rejected. 

• Coburn changed the title to Rule 6 - Removing under 16s