Rule 6 - Removing under 16s

Coburn

I have interacted with a few minors during my roleplay as a firefighter/paramedic, and have my bag of mixed experiences. I have met amazing roleplayers who I felt made the server more immersive and actually gives something interesting to work with. I also met really bad roleplayers, but then again, I've met a lot of those.

My opinion is to allow anyone to roleplay 16+, and for gang rpers to be allowed to roleplay younger characters. I absolutely agree that they should be monitored more closely, and thus it would result in those players having to be more experienced and mature about their portrayal, but I also think this is something the gang rp players would be receptive to, who is the biggest group affected here. I also think the things said about ERP being a problem for underage characters is absolutely valid, and I think we should keep a tight lid on that and punish the players who does this.

16 minutes ago, Protheus said:

I also think the things said about ERP being a problem for underage characters is absolutely valid,

It wouldn't be as bad if those who actually cause the problems - that being, mostly ADULT players playing as children- being punished opposed to the actual victims (those playing adults and unwarrantly subjected to teenage offenders who then hide behind being ic children).

2 hours ago, knppel said:

It wouldn't be as bad if those who actually cause the problems - that being, mostly ADULT players playing as children- being punished opposed to the actual victims (those playing adults and unwarrantly subjected to teenage offenders who then hide behind being ic children).

Wow, yeah. We should definitely punish those who are portraying children and engaging in sexualized activities. I get that most sixteen-year-olds are more sexual than 30 years ago, but this is the place where players must accept being a bit more limited in order to ensure that we aren't having pedophiles in our community.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/29/2021 at 11:12 AM, sCrax said:

Don't ban characters below 16. Rather make sure that RPQM keeps an eye on minor characters and punishes them accordingly for improper character development. There are a lot of minor characters with proper development that bring a lot of RP into gang communities. Same as there are a lot of bad apples. Just because nobody punishes them doesn't mean that we have to ban all those characters.

• 1 year later...

This is a two sided thing, but it is a struggle; because for example; for one of my characters, who RP's a parent, has to NPC the child for some time, because if not I suddenly have to age my character up 16 years to get someone to actually rp the character/child. 

Personally, I don't care if they're kept around, just as long as they're completely disallowed from engaging in any sexual roleplay, even if it's just suggestive. Want to hit on girls and cat-call? Make an adult character for it.

Edited by DasFroggy
  • Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, vally said:

Fictional characters, they can shoot each other. Why not focus on preventing violence on real kids, where they actually get hurt.

+1.

If they fail to portray it, then I understand... But it isn't everybody. 

Seems like a Roleplay Quality issue.

31 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

Personally, I don't care if they're kept around, just as long as they're completely disallowed from engaging in any sexual roleplay, even if it's just suggestive. Want to hit on girls and cat-call? Make an adult character for it.

Probably one of the few things we can agree on. I hate it when teenage characters do this bullshit.

-1 though.

Edited by Xantholic