Rule 6 - Removing under 16s

Coburn

Short description: Banning any characters under 16 for factions and 18 for non faction characters.

Detailed description:

After reading this thread:

And having had several incidents in my time RPing of child RPers shooting people or trying to flirt with adults, I'm in the boat with those in the post, who think it should just be abolished, there's a reason GTA doesn't have kids in the game.

As suggested in the thread, gang RPers should just age up to 16 and have it in their backstory that they have been with X gang since they were e.g. 12 if necessary.

Edited to be under 16, not 18.

Edited by Coburn
  • Upvote 24
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 2

I agree with this. There's a huge lack of support for anything related to children. No parents, no government assistance, etc. It's weird as fuck to see a grown ass player model and then the persons like 13, its just goofy. There's no script support for it either, children can drive and shoot just as well as anyone. I see no reason for the need to play a character younger than 16.

• Upvote 2

For the sake of the usual argument of "teen RP is crucial for Gang RP development": I think 16 is more than fine as a low limit, and you can reliably portray the most relevant aspects of youth violence as a 16 year old, while trying to act grown up. 13 year olds in RP around young adults are a nuisance that everyone has to RP around of.

• Coburn changed the title to Rule 6 - Removing under 16s