Rule 6 - Removing under 16s

Coburn

7 hours ago, FatBoyTrell said:

A 15 year old kid could ABSOLUTELY beat up an Adult, and I've seen it happen IRL 101 times. People gotta stop thinking (M) characters are some weak ass, soft, nobodies. Your average 16 year old gang-banger could fuck around and easily beat up ur average joe that works a 9 to 5, simply because the 16 year old kid has been through so much, and most likely has been through 101 fights, while ur average joe has been in maybe 2 - 3 fights. 

I for one would get completely pummelled by a gang member even if he was 15/16, I can't fight for shit. Being an adult doesn't mean you can't get your ass beat by somebody younger than you. It's not about your age or gender, it's about how confident you are in the punch and HOW you throw the punch. If you punch somebody right, it doesn't matter how old they are or how big and tough they think they are, once the nose breaks, your eyes water up and the fight is over.

Edited by Cruuks
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Cruuks said:

I for one would get completely pummelled by a gang member even if he was 15/16, I can't fight for shit. Being an adult doesn't mean you can't get your ass beat by somebody younger than you. It's not about your age or gender, it's about how confident you are in the punch and HOW you throw the punch. If you punch somebody right, it doesn't matter how old they are or how big and tough they think you are, once the nose breaks, your eyes water up and the fight is over.

Exactly! People genuinenly seem to think that a kid can't beat an adult, because he's a kid! Or the player can't run, or jump a fence, or do anything, because he's a kid! 

• Upvote 2
19 minutes ago, Eastside.Shady said:

removing under 16s isn't gonna do shit. people are upset because of people that cant roleplay. making them age up a year or 2 isnt going to teach them how to rp. start banning ppl that treat this server like a self insert voice rp fivem server.

I agree completely.

Yes, it's unrealistic for a 13 year old to be a cold hearted gang member ready to shoot down his opps, etc... But starting young is very important as a gang character, especially if you want to develop early and while yes... people could just make it 16+ only or whatever, we shouldn't have to resort to a solution that can prevent good RP.

@Eastside.Shady is right here... the problem isn't underage characters, or whatever. It's the roleplayer behind the character.
If people cannot roleplay realistically, they shouldn't be on the server. It's a heavy RP server for a reason.

I returned to world a little while ago and IN MY OPINION, here are the 2 biggest issues I have seen.

1. People don't report noobs/trolls/inadequate roleplayers.

You can definitely be helpful to new players and try to teach them, but turning a blind eye because you don't want to wait for the /report or you're too lazy to fill out a forum report is a huge problem. If you want bad rulebreaking RP gone? Do your part.

2. Unrealistic roleplay causing more unrealistic roleplay.

It's no surprise that if our version of Los Santos was an actual IRL city, not only would we have the most cops per population, but we'd also have the most criminals, most murders, etc. For you LEO players... I understand, you show up 3-4 cruisers just pulling someone over in South Central... some illegal RPers say it's not realistic because it's not like that IRL but I'm unbiased, I see your POV... it definitely is realistic when you're in a city that kills cops for breakfast...

But that goes to my main point. Our unrealistic crime rate creates unrealistic situations where people literally don't CARE if a shooting happens near them or even in front of them... or cops showing up deep because of the high crime rate...

We need to come together as a community to solve issues that develop like this because leaving them to brew just divides the community.

• Upvote 1

I want more people to understand the fact that the whole "minor characters get banned and do dumb shit" take is ridiculous. Can we all agree on the fact that adult characters get banned WAY more than minor characters do? I'm tired of people making these threads as a legal rper who never tried illegal rp or doesn't know anything about the illegal rp scene. Maybe try it out and you can see what we're talking about.

• Upvote 1
33 minutes ago, barrio ruler said:

I want more people to understand the fact that the whole "minor characters get banned and do dumb shit" take is ridiculous. Can we all agree on the fact that adult characters get banned WAY more than minor characters do? I'm tired of people making these threads as a legal rper who never tried illegal rp or doesn't know anything about the illegal rp scene. Maybe try it out and you can see what we're talking about.

Seriously. I swear the people who seem to have the most to say either have very laughable careers in illegal rp (joining trash factions, rping solo criminals for like a week, or something tiny like that) or they've never done criminal rp, ever. But they for some reason think they're somehow allowed to just talk about the entirety of criminal roleplay like they've even roleplayed with half of the illegal scene.

If you've never roleplayed in a proper, realistic illegal faction, just shut up honestly.

Edited by Cruuks
  • Upvote 1
13 hours ago, moulton said:

nobody should be roleplaying an (M) if they're not in a gang faction.

cringe, weird, adoption rp gross. no to second life rp.

Nothing really wrong with rping 16-17 now that high school is a thing. But I personally never understood the people RPing 12-13. People watch one Gangland documentary from the 90s and all of them wanna be Lil Syko and Lil Puppet child sureno soldiers. Read an arrest report. Most people getting caught for murder are 18-20. Times have changed.

• Upvote 3
On 10/31/2023 at 10:42 AM, DeadPlaya said:

Nothing really wrong with rping 16-17 now that high school is a thing. But I personally never understood the people RPing 12-13. People watch one Gangland documentary from the 90s and all of them wanna be Lil Syko and Lil Puppet child sureno soldiers. Read an arrest report. Most people getting caught for murder are 18-20. Times have changed.

I can see your point but I feel like a character that started as a 12-13 year old isn't as bad. I just don't think they should be going out on crazy murders and doing insane shit.