Rule 6 - Removing under 16s

Coburn

35 minutes ago, LoLo.Jpg said:

No, just need more strict laws regarding youth, such as laws regarding them being placed on "house arrest" and having rp facilities for them, or something similar. There's a lot that can be done such as ankle monitors etc although the way youth are sentenced are the same as adults. As for the OOC issues, players easily can get banned for their actions that violate the server rules. Shouldn't be restricting players from roleplay who they want, rather embracing it and finding ways to make them work on the server in a way that makes everyone comfortable. 

Yeah like anyone will listen to 'house arrests', lol. I don't think I really want to see cps houses full of underage characters who threaten suicide every 5 minutes, fight over stupid reasons and demand round the clock attention yet not do a damn thing that's asked of them. Nobody trying to roleplay a serious character shoulder ever have to go through that hell ><

I do agree on the latter parts of this though, we don't want to make things too restrictive but I can also understand the perfectly valid arguments for this suggestion. Perhaps if admins were more strict with problem players who struggle to roleplay underage characters realistically and forced them to age up if they don't tow the line, it would be a good start towards seeing less cringe.  

• Upvote 1
19 minutes ago, Moonsong said:

Yeah like anyone will listen to 'house arrests', lol. I don't think I really want to see cps houses full of underage characters who threaten suicide every 5 minutes, fight over stupid reasons and demand round the clock attention yet not do a damn thing that's asked of them. Nobody trying to roleplay a serious character shoulder ever have to go through that hell ><

I do agree on the latter parts of this though, we don't want to make things too restrictive but I can also understand the perfectly valid arguments for this suggestion. Perhaps if admins were more strict with problem players who struggle to roleplay underage characters realistically and forced them to age up if they don't tow the line, it would be a good start towards seeing less cringe.  

This.

Having realistic youth programs like the ones that have been suggested can actually work because there are more than enough players who can properly portray teen characters. The problem is that there are just as many players (if not more) that can't. 

The problem is not with underage characters, it's with the players. This server is unique in a lot of ways and people expect a lot from it, but sadly the standards for RP on this server aren't as high as they should be. This is what we should all be making efforts to resolve rather than pushing to remove entire categories of RP.

Edited by Taina
  • Upvote 1
46 minutes ago, Taina said:

Having realistic youth programs like the ones that have been suggested can actually work because there are more than enough players who can properly portray teen characters.

Oh they had this, want to know what they did to the people running them? They were murdered.

10 minutes ago, Cartoonhead said:

Oh they had this, want to know what they did to the people running them? They were murdered.

I don't have all the facts around that so I could be wrong, but sounds like poor portrayal to me - which highlights my point. Why was it allowed to happen?

We need to push for higher standards in the quality of RP all across the server (and not just for underage characters). @Moonsong's suggestion was a good one that should be applied across the server to all characters. If a player is unable to properly portray a certain role, then that player should be restricted from playing the role. It's a RPQM issue.

1 hour ago, Moonsong said:

Let people develop their characters but I like the idea of juvenile justice stuff. 

Sure, maybe child characters are important for gang rp and whatever, but i still see it weird to want to rp a literal child.

Literally 3 days ago, my character was approached by a kid out in Paleto Bay. Upon using /examine, the kid's age was 10-12. How do people feel comfortable RPing a 10-12 year old? .

21 minutes ago, ScarletRose said:

Sure, maybe child characters are important for gang rp and whatever, but i still see it weird to want to rp a literal child.

Literally 3 days ago, my character was approached by a kid out in Paleto Bay. Upon using /examine, the kid's age was 10-12. How do people feel comfortable RPing a 10-12 year old? .

Not maybe, they are. It's not like gang roleplay provides a good 80% of this servers roleplay. There's nothing wrong with wanting to roleplay a realistic teenager joining a gang. 

31 minutes ago, ScarletRose said:

What was the 12 year old even doing in Paleto?