Rule 6 - Removing under 16s

Coburn

34 minutes ago, Topinambour said:

Damn... I would never have guessed. According to the NYPD crime rates have gone way down (with 30% (!) less shootings). The only exception is hate crimes (asian, jewish and LGBT+ people being the main targets) that have increased. Who would have guessed the cops would lie about crime rates... appalling. 😞 

I know lol first three within 7 days last 

Not NYC but my favorite one by far in Chicago 

Edited by free
Just now, DLimit said:

Yeah, the fourty year old doesn't murder the kid. The youths that work with that older head, do. When you exist within a city, all your life, and have been in and out of the prison system, with every one knowing you by your name, alone? It happens.

It's not like you lose all your connections just because you're in your 40s. You'd have nephews, cousins, friends of cousins etc... that are banging in that same hood under the new generation. 

Yes but a random young member isn’t going to respect and listen to a old head who’s been in and out of prison in which for the post part has been absent. They’re going to get ran out in their underwear if they just show up throwing orders at younger people. You fail to understand that people usually stop banging by their 40’s as a gang members life expectancy is no more than 20. 

8 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Older heads press the youngins, every day, in the hood. That's how they interact. You don't just walk down the hood with an older head that's been banging on that block for fourty years and say nothing. That's all I will say.

I agree with this even if I am not american, I seen this in my own city back in 90s. And to an extent it exists even now. But here it's called taxing. You wanna steal or break into cars, or sell drugs on some street? There are always some people who will notice that, then they come to you and tell you they want a share, else they will break you in half or outright kill you. Sometimes it's cops who pick you up and tell you if you wanna stay free, you either pay them monthly or snitch. My country has no gangs, cause our criminals groups don't want that. They "employ" drug addicts, teens from all walks of life for petty crimes and drug distribution.

Edited by Engelbert
50 minutes ago, RoyalPainter said:

Yes but a random young member isn’t going to respect and listen to a old head who’s been in and out of prison in which for the post part has been absent. They’re going to get ran out in their underwear if they just show up throwing orders at younger people. You fail to understand that people usually stop banging by their 40’s as a gang members life expectancy is no more than 20. 

Now, read my initial post. The older heads pass down wisdom, and the younger heads can choose to listen or choose to "learn the hard way". A 40 year old that doesn't bang, anymore, is still an "OG" in that hood. The older generations, and their children, and their children's-children, would know them for that.

That older head is connected to most sets of older heads in the city, whom also have youngins that are either family or family friends. Guess what happens? Those youngins come to the block and murder the kid. Lot of gang-members, from different sets, are related by blood... older heads use that to their advantage. "Protecting my own" is the phrase used by older heads in their 40s. Man can literally say "Give this kid a gun" and the kid will murder the target for a free gun and some reputation in the hood... or, as people have said, for "clout". Toss them a couple ounces of something, on the side, or a record deal, and it works.

This is the puppeteering part.

EDIT: Now, who would've been under that fourty year old, in the hood? Someone in their 30s. Who's under that thirty year old, in the hood? Someone in their 20s. It's a generational thing. Even if most of them don't "bang", in a sense, they've banged and had experiences with each other, in the past, and all respect each other. Hoods are regulated on a generational level, not just by "rank". Youths want to impress the older heads in the hood that they were raised within. That's the greatest form of clout, when the older heads in the hood are calling you "hard". I see it in 2021... youths want to impress that older head that still carries that flag in his pocket to respect his history in that hood.

Just remember: he older heads pass down wisdom, and the younger heads can choose to listen or choose to "learn the hard way"... but, people act like the older heads have zero power in their own hood. They got all the connects. 

EDIT 2: MOST gang-bangers don't live passed 20. The ones that do? They still have their relations in the hood. They chill at the corner, scratch lottery tickets in the convenience stores, drink coffee, sip liqs, sit and puff kush at the benches etc... people interact with them and know them for their history. Police literally know them by face. They're like "Community Leaders" in the hood. I use quotations because they act like they're "not a part of the game", but really are. These are the ones saying "I'll do any thing for my own" (Children, nephews, cousins etc... that are either gang-banging or connected to gangs)...

Good chunk of older heads can barely scrape by with their criminal record, so they have their little side-hustle and get the youngins to do it, for them. I.E. A nephew that's trying to bang.

In the end, the 40 year old's earning their cut. They know all the drug dealers in the city. Older heads, in black sets, are the ones shaking it up with bikers and mafiosos on the down-low. They chat, together, on the daily... it's an age thing. It's a "back in my day" relation between the older heads of different sets and criminal orgs. These bikers and mobsters don't talk to the 20 year old OG that's trying to run a set. They talk to the older head that they were raised with, in that hood. The same applies to "opps"... the older heads low-key regulate both sides due to family ties or prison ties. The veterans that work together for the money to raise their kids. That's the power.

This is all my experience, by the way. Take it or leave it. Just putting my two cents. 

TL;DR: Older heads still have power in the hood because of family ties, hood ties, prison ties, relationship with other ex-convicts, bikers, mafias, and relations with record labels (family ties)... "age comes with experience". It's "Indirect-Control". Youths can choose to follow their wisdom or learn the hard way, and that's why they get blasted before their 20 while that 40 year old's racking bills at the end of the day.

Edited by DLimit
1 hour ago, Engelbert said:

I agree with this even if I am not american, I seen this in my own city back in 90s. And to an extent it exists even now. But here it's called taxing. You wanna steal or break into cars, or sell drugs on some street? There are always some people who will notice that, then they come to you and tell you they want a share, else they will break you in half or outright kill you. Sometimes it's cops who pick you up and tell you if you wanna stay free, you either pay them monthly or snitch.

100%, the older head shakes it up with everyone in that hood. The 24/7 clerk, the security guards, the youngins at the stairwell/basketball court/public pool etc..., the girl that they're having sexual relations for the day, the gang-banging family member, the local crackhead, the gambling addict that scratches lottery tickets etc... every single person, of every single building/house, of every single business in the hood. These older heads been in that hood, around 12-16 hours a day, 7 days a week, for decades. These guys know everything. When you know every one and every thing, things tend to go your way.

Cannot really emulate that, very well, in GTA:W. But, this is reality.

Edited by DLimit
1 minute ago, DLimit said:

100%, the older head shakes it up with everyone in that hood. The 24/7 clerk, the security guards, the youngins at the stairwell/basketball court/public pool etc..., the girl that they're having sexual relations for the day, the gang-banging family member, the local crackhead, the gambling addict that scratches lottery tickets etc... every single person, of every single building/house, of every single business in the hood. These older heads been in that hood, 365 days a week, for decades. These guys know everything. When you know every one and every thing, things tend to go your way.

Cannot really emulate that, very well, in GTA:W. But, this is reality.

I know it is, despite not having a single gang in my country we have lot of old school mafiosos or retired gangsters. They are still active though.

13 hours ago, DLimit said:

Now, read my initial post. The older heads pass down wisdom, and the younger heads can choose to listen or choose to "learn the hard way". A 40 year old that doesn't bang, anymore, is still an "OG" in that hood. The older generations, and their children, and their children's-children, would know them for that.

That older head is connected to most sets of older heads in the city, whom also have youngins that are either family or family friends. Guess what happens? Those youngins come to the block and murder the kid. Lot of gang-members, from different sets, are related by blood... older heads use that to their advantage. "Protecting my own" is the phrase used by older heads in their 40s. Man can literally say "Give this kid a gun" and the kid will murder the target for a free gun and some reputation in the hood... or, as people have said, for "clout". Toss them a couple ounces of something, on the side, or a record deal, and it works.

This is the puppeteering part.

EDIT: Now, who would've been under that fourty year old, in the hood? Someone in their 30s. Who's under that thirty year old, in the hood? Someone in their 20s. It's a generational thing. Even if most of them don't "bang", in a sense, they've banged and had experiences with each other, in the past, and all respect each other. Hoods are regulated on a generational level, not just by "rank". Youths want to impress the older heads in the hood that they were raised within. That's the greatest form of clout, when the older heads in the hood are calling you "hard". I see it in 2021... youths want to impress that older head that still carries that flag in his pocket to respect his history in that hood.

Just remember: he older heads pass down wisdom, and the younger heads can choose to listen or choose to "learn the hard way"... but, people act like the older heads have zero power in their own hood. They got all the connects. 

EDIT 2: MOST gang-bangers don't live passed 20. The ones that do? They still have their relations in the hood. They chill at the corner, scratch lottery tickets in the convenience stores, drink coffee, sip liqs, sit and puff kush at the benches etc... people interact with them and know them for their history. Police literally know them by face. They're like "Community Leaders" in the hood. I use quotations because they act like they're "not a part of the game", but really are. These are the ones saying "I'll do any thing for my own" (Children, nephews, cousins etc... that are either gang-banging or connected to gangs)...

Good chunk of older heads can barely scrape by with their criminal record, so they have their little side-hustle and get the youngins to do it, for them. I.E. A nephew that's trying to bang.

In the end, the 40 year old's earning their cut. They know all the drug dealers in the city. Older heads, in black sets, are the ones shaking it up with bikers and mafiosos on the down-low. They chat, together, on the daily... it's an age thing. It's a "back in my day" relation between the older heads of different sets and criminal orgs. These bikers and mobsters don't talk to the 20 year old OG that's trying to run a set. They talk to the older head that they were raised with, in that hood. The same applies to "opps"... the older heads low-key regulate both sides due to family ties or prison ties. The veterans that work together for the money to raise their kids. That's the power.

This is all my experience, by the way. Take it or leave it. Just putting my two cents. 

TL;DR: Older heads still have power in the hood because of family ties, hood ties, prison ties, relationship with other ex-convicts, bikers, mafias, and relations with record labels (family ties)... "age comes with experience". It's "Indirect-Control". Youths can choose to follow their wisdom or learn the hard way, and that's why they get blasted before their 20 while that 40 year old's racking bills at the end of the day.

Let me know if the O.G's in this video look anything but drunken washed up old heads that still have connections and have power. 

On 10/16/2021 at 12:35 PM, cryybabyycryy said:

16+ IMO, with rare cases under 16 if a application process would be placed. Yes this would give some admins more work, but the decrease in reports may balance it out. Would also like to see the script support this with changes to hourly income, ability to buy property and cars and so on.

3 hours ago, RoyalPainter said:

Let me know if the O.G's in this video look anything but drunken washed up old heads that still have connections and have power. 

Just because an older head looks drunk, in here, doesn't mean they have power or lack power. They're living the life. They don't got to bang, any more. They already have all the links. It's retirement for these people.

Let me put it this way. My uncle? He's a drunk at the age of 70... you'd think that he was a crackhead, but has been in countless hoods for 50+ years. Man can make one phone-call and have 40 people at a person's door if there's a problem. His vehicle was stolen, once, and an entire borough of people were searching the whole region for the vehicle. It was found in 12 hours and the issue was handled without police. One time? He pointed his finger at a man that was half his age, said "I will fuck you up", and 30 people surrounded that man, prepared to jump him.  Bikers, gang-bangers, locals... man's related to gang-bangers and his friends are related to gang-bangers and bikers. Generational power.

Don't be deceived by looks. 

Edited by DLimit
  • Upvote 1
  • Coburn changed the title to Rule 6 - Removing under 16s