Rule 6 - Removing under 16s

Coburn

5 hours ago, free said:

This isn’t the 90s anymore . A lot of gangs are not structure like it was. I don’t think kids are taught how to evade a cop or how to act in situations with a cop. If they’re a gang member . Not everyone rps  a reckless killer . 

- Older heads will teach youths how to converse with Law enforcement officers by educating them on their Rights. Including the Right to Remain Silent.

- Older heads will teach youths how to protect one's self in court cases. Heck, they'll share their own court cases, at times, to provide them with examples.

- Older heads will show youths different path-routes if Law enforcement officers were to be chasing someone in the hood. After all, the younger person would be raised in that hood. I.E. "Yo, see dat path? Go that way if you see twelve rollin' up."

The OGs and Older Heads teach the youths the code of the streets and the mechanisms towards surviving in the streets. That's the main role of most older gang-members. Has nothing to do with being a reckless killa, but it's just common sense that's taught in the hood when police brutality and constant Terry Frisks are common in these regions of the U.S.

Hood educators exist.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, DLimit said:

- Older heads will teach youths how to converse with Law enforcement officers by educating them on their Rights. Including the Right to Remain Silent.

- Older heads will teach youths how to protect one's self in court cases. Heck, they'll share their own court cases, at times, to provide them with examples.

- Older heads will show youths different path-routes if Law enforcement officers were to be chasing someone in the hood. After all, the younger person would be raised in that hood. I.E. "Yo, see dat path? Go that way if you see twelve rollin' up."

The OGs and Older Heads teach the youths the code of the streets and the mechanisms towards surviving in the streets. That's the main role of most older gang-members. Has nothing to do with being a reckless killa, but it's just common sense that's taught in the hood when police brutality and constant Terry Frisks are common in these regions of the U.S.

Hood educators exist.

Thank you, if this was roleplayed, we could actually have less nonsensical bang bang responses. I know that many gangs actually do that. Just watch a documentary about MS-13 for example. Cops literally talk about hood educators there.

Edited by Engelbert
  • Upvote 1
51 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Hood educators exist.

How many listen though ? Because the crime here in America is getting out of hand especially in the major cities . NYC gang related crimes are out of hand with teenagers doing dumb shit. Even here in Houston it’s been the Wild West. So how many actually listen to their hood educators . 

11 minutes ago, free said:

How many listen though ? Because the crime here in America is getting out of hand especially in the major cities . NYC gang related crimes are out of hand with teenagers doing dumb shit. Even here in Houston it’s been the Wild West. So how many actually listen to their hood educators . 

It all depends on the OG and the youths. Certain OGs will also corrupt the youth for profitable purposes. Others will try to find a middle ground. Then others will simply try to uplift the youth away from that lifestyle. Then, the youths decided to follow that knoweldge or "learn it the hard way".

I've seen youths low-key try to counter against their OG's knowledge trying to prove that they're "harder than that". Some of them rebel against their O.G. if they act too fatherly, identical to their parents. I.E. If an OG says something that your father would say, such as "Stay in school". They treat it like "Reverse Psychology" and do the opposite.

EDIT: Truth be told, it's because these youths aren't disciplined hard enough by their OGs. They'll give them some "Wisdom" but won't discipline them for infractions that don't really harm the set on a larger scale. Sometimes, older heads are imprisoned and cannot provide them with guidance, either, causing the younger members to take over without any guidance.

On top of that, nearly every kid has a gun if they're involved in the streets, these days (which is why the whole "It's unrealistic for teens to run around with guns" argument contradicts reality). People can hardly regulate a kid that's willing to blast their own best friend over something as petty as $20 or a diss track on Youtube. 

Too many variables, never really black or white.

Should have that variation within illegal gang factions... not every OG should be the same.

Edited by DLimit
  • Upvote 1

bro im p sure a playboy surenos set irl only has underage hitters / shooters im not even gnna lie, they did a meet up 1-2 years ago and its only kids toting guns LMFAOO they got a whole clique that’re just children who r hitters i really think u should do some research, the whole “BUT GANG RP’ arguement is stupid, if ur gettin pressed by a 14 year old just report it, if you’re not reporting it you’re part of the problem, because you’re not helping. Banning 18- characters is only going to ruin rp for most people. There’s people who rp 16 year olds around factions that AREN’T just gang factions, for example that little tokyo thing, p sure there’s a 16-17 year old rn selling fake id’s to locals n stuff. Would lowkey ruin the rp for them if u think abt it

8 minutes ago, free said:

How many listen though ? Because the crime here in America is getting out of hand especially in the major cities . NYC gang related crimes are out of hand with teenagers doing dumb shit.

Damn... I would never have guessed. According to the NYPD crime rates have gone way down (with 30% (!) less shootings). The only exception is hate crimes (asian, jewish and LGBT+ people being the main targets) that have increased. Who would have guessed the cops would lie about crime rates... appalling. 😞 

14 minutes ago, DLimit said:

It all depends on the OG and the youths. Certain OGs will also corrupt the youth for profitable purposes. Others will try to find a middle ground. Then others will simply try to uplift the youth away from that lifestyle. Then, the youths decided to follow that knoweldge or "learn it the hard way".

I've seen youths low-key try to counter against their OG's knowledge trying to prove that they're "harder than that". Some of them rebel against their O.G. if they act too fatherly, identical to their parents. I.E. If an OG says something that your father would say, such as "Stay in school". They treat it like "Reverse Psychology" and do the opposite.

EDIT: Truth be told, it's because these youths aren't disciplined hard enough by their OGs. They'll give them some "Wisdom" but won't discipline them for infractions that don't really harm the set on a larger scale. Sometimes, older heads are imprisoned and cannot provide them with guidance, either, causing the younger members to take over without any guidance.

On top of that, nearly every kid has a gun if they're involved in the streets, these days (which is why the whole "It's unrealistic for teens to run around with guns" argument contradicts reality). People can hardly regulate a kid that's willing to blast their own best friend over something as petty as $20 or a diss track on Youtube. 

Too many variables, never really black or white.

Should have that variation within illegal gang factions... not every OG should be the same.

It aint like that bro thats some 1990s shit its usually the media n shit that influences kids. Homie picks up a gun n starts posting shit on ig live & gets views and likes, its not just the “og’s’, most cliques dont even have old ass ogs bro they’re just young ass mfers flexin on the internet n chasing clout whilst doing nefarious activities, most of the “ogs’ nowadays are like 20-25 or smth lmfao so dont tell me old heads are influencing the youths, cos its usually just the effects of the media and exposure these days

ppl record their fuckin shit like the murders, shootings & much more and drop it on IG for clout

I wished people stopped arguing about real life VS game. They will never be on equal level. The game is tailored for every one to have fun and play comfortably, because it is not real life. So reasoning, it happens irl so I can do it here too, is wrong. There are many things we cannot do here, yet they happen in real life.

2 minutes ago, Steezers said:

It aint like that bro thats some 1990s shit its usually the media n shit that influences kids. Homie picks up a gun n starts posting shit on ig live & gets views and likes, its not just the “og’s’, most cliques dont even have old ass ogs bro they’re just young ass mfers flexin on the internet n chasing clout whilst doing nefarious activities, most of the “ogs’ nowadays are like 20-25 or smth lmfao so dont tell me old heads are influencing the youths, cos its usually just the effects of the media and exposure these days

ppl record their fuckin shit like the murders, shootings & much more and drop it on IG for clout

Never knew that OGs living in the hood just disappear, never existing in the community. 

I responded to a question revolving around how OGs and older heads function in the hood, and how the youth respond to them. You're pretty much responding with "No such thing as 40 year-old ex-convicts in the hood".

Edited by DLimit
  • Coburn changed the title to Rule 6 - Removing under 16s