Rule 6 - Removing under 16s

Coburn

im sorry, but ill have to respectfully disagree. youth/teen rp is extremely important in some factions & faction types, and i wouldn't want for a good majority of good gang roleplayers to be put at a disadvantage over a few bad apples. simply disallow under-18 erp and punish those with (objectively and realistically) dreadful/unrealistic character portrayal.

just my 2 cents

Edited by Brian
  • Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, Kari said:

If people need to apply for a fishing license, they should have to apply to play a character under 16. Too many 12-15 year old throwaway first-time murderers who are also high on fatal amounts of cocaine. I'm not saying they don't add to the quality of gangRP, because, frankly, recruitment from a young age is realistic, simply that the way they are currently played is clearly flawed.

There’s a lot of characters/entire factions that are just throwaways and poorly portray gangs. This won’t change no matter what the age is. The idea of a teenage gang member committing a murder is far from being unrealistic in itself, but I do agree it’s sometimes very poorly portrayed. However, straight up getting rid of younger characters is a bad way to go about it when there’s the report section and RPQM/IFM. 

• Upvote 1
43 minutes ago, benihunnaz1k said:

That’s where the creativity of roleplay comes in. You imagine the person being the age of their description states. I get what you’re saying to an extent, but at the same time youth RP is extremely important in gang roleplay. 

I could look past the models and stuff if there was any sort of support around the mass amount of orphans running around.

50 minutes ago, PLUGGEDIN said:

Genuinely the worst idea i've ever seen, if you remove under 18s then every gang will just be the exact same, no development whatsoever. I can guarantee if you remove under 18s then most of the gang rpers will stop playing. If you don't like RPing with characters under the age of 18, don't interact with them? Simple as that. Just because you want to use GTAW as a platform for e-sex, doesn't mean you should discourage other role-players in the process. If you wish to ban under 18's, then simply just ban erotic roleplay completely? Makes waaay more sense to me.

I think that almost happened around 6 months ago, when this suggestion was made.

35 minutes ago, Kari said:

If people need to apply for a fishing license, they should have to apply to play a character under 16. Too many 12-15 year old throwaway first-time murderers who are also high on fatal amounts of cocaine. I'm not saying they don't add to the quality of gangRP, because, frankly, recruitment from a young age is realistic, simply that the way they are currently played is clearly flawed.

Fishing license is applied, ICly, through the state.

Aging? That's more ADMIN work. It's unnecessary. Just report those that portray them, improperly.

If people need an app o RP under 16? Then people should need an app for expensive sports cars, as-well. Not some of them, but all of them.

2 hours ago, Akz. said:

Genuinely the worst idea i've ever seen, if you remove under 18s then every gang will just be the exact same, no development whatsoever. I can guarantee if you remove under 18s then most of the gang rpers will stop playing. If you don't like RPing with characters under the age of 18, don't interact with them? Simple as that. Just because you want to use GTAW as a platform for e-sex, doesn't mean you should discourage other role-players in the process. If you wish to ban under 18's, then simply just ban erotic roleplay completely? Makes waaay more sense to me.

I agree, if you want to get rid of underage rp . Get rid of erp, erp isn’t need it for character development. Get rid of it. 

Remove it. Advances from minors to fully grown characters is creepy as fuck and having kids in the world of erp and mass killing is equally as weird. Majority have awful portrayal issues exactly like stated in the linked thread, no matter the time passed the scene hasn't changed.

There has to be something said for people rping kids in GTA. does that shit not weird you out?

Edited by Sycamour
  • Upvote 1
  • Coburn changed the title to Rule 6 - Removing under 16s