Rule 6 - Removing under 16s

Coburn

7 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

Why it's even allowed to begin with is a mystery.

Your opinion against underaged characters tells me you haven’t roleplayed in any illegal gang factions. Admins are here to enforce server rules, if you see people with underaged characters acting outlandish report it. 

Only allowing 18+ characters effects peoples character development when it pertains to illegal roleplay. You’re hurting a large portion of the player base by implementing this rule.

Edited by TyJ

Genuinely the worst idea i've ever seen, if you remove under 18s then every gang will just be the exact same, no development whatsoever. I can guarantee if you remove under 18s then most of the gang rpers will stop playing. If you don't like RPing with characters under the age of 18, don't interact with them? Simple as that. Just because you want to use GTAW as a platform for e-sex, doesn't mean you should discourage other role-players in the process. If you wish to ban under 18's, then simply just ban erotic roleplay completely? Makes waaay more sense to me.

Edited by PLUGGEDIN
8 hours ago, Zach.. said:

I agree with this. There's a huge lack of support for anything related to children. No parents, no government assistance, etc. It's weird as fuck to see a grown ass player model and then the persons like 13, its just goofy. There's no script support for it either, children can drive and shoot just as well as anyone. I see no reason for the need to play a character younger than 16.

That’s where the creativity of roleplay comes in. You imagine the person being the age of their description states. I get what you’re saying to an extent, but at the same time youth RP is extremely important in gang roleplay. 

8 hours ago, PeopleKind said:

You don't NEED child characters for gang RP. Worst case? Make ANY character under 16 application based ONLY. People don't know how to RP child characters properly, they really shouldn't be allowed. Sick of having people RPing below 18 coming up to my character with disgusting sexual talk. Like, it's just wrong.

Nah man, this isn't it. Gang rp already took a huge toll by losing a few factions. I do get what others are saying with people poorly portraying their young characters. But aging up to 18 and having a backstory written up kills the development for all of us. Realistically, most gang rpers have fairly young characters between the ages of 15-17. You can't blame the lack of realism on the whole community itself. Faction leaders should be the ones cracking down on unrealistic portrayals as a youth/teenager. I do understand that their are some people who roleplay being 15 years old and a "hardcore killer", but that shouldn't be the reason why we put a age ban. Having an application process for a young character is not the way to go either. Most youth rpers are gang affiliated, if you see someone having poor potrayal just reach out to their faction leader. Let people rp the age they wanna rp.

1 minute ago, Troopstah said:

You do need them.

If people need to apply for a fishing license, they should have to apply to play a character under 16. Too many 12-15 year old throwaway first-time murderers who are also high on fatal amounts of cocaine. I'm not saying they don't add to the quality of gangRP, because, frankly, recruitment from a young age is realistic, simply that the way they are currently played is clearly flawed.

Edited by Kari
18 -> 16
  • Coburn changed the title to Rule 6 - Removing under 16s