Rule 6 - Removing under 16s

Coburn

14 minutes ago, Murat said:

You clearly haven’t done it properly. The age where you get affiliated with a gang is under sixteen, so how is the argument stupid?

The gang I did RP in, had fairly reasonable and strict standards towards character creation, IMO. I had a character under 16. It was stupid and really wasn't a contribution towards good RP.  It's as simple as communicating with faction leadership to discuss why / how your character is involved at all. You could easily argue that the situation of the character from birth - age 12 is also super important, as to why your 6'0 tall AK wielding Kony soldier is patrolling Davis.

Be creative. Adapt.

12 minutes ago, Troopstah said:

I watch your ride off in your 300k+ car while wearing neon shoes.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/889863190266150932/898494887945728010/IF_THE_JOKER_COULD_BEATBOX_Trim.mp4

Okay you're wrong, but fair.
I'd rather watch poorly created characters whip around 300k+ cars while wearing neon shoes, than seeing another "BANNED FOR ERPING A MINOR CHARACTER."
Shit's weird, why open an avenue to cater towards weirds? Why you holding onto this so hard? lol!
Sadly, there is enough shared sentiment in the fact people can't not be creepy, to merit a thread being opened.
EDIT: Not to mention the characters that are cold blooded killers at 14. 

Edited by Nullish
Edit
Just now, Nullish said:

Shit's weird, why open an avenue to cater towards weirds? Why you holding onto this so hard? lol!

Sorry buddy pal. You're the weird one here for constantly implying this is the case. An admin team exists to enforce rules surrounding this. Furthermore brother, I don't know who you RP with for this to be the case constantly...

I'm sorry but you're the joker that could beatbox right now.

2 minutes ago, Nullish said:

Okay you're wrong, but fair.
I'd rather watch poorly created characters whip around 300k+ cars while wearing neon shoes, than seeing another "BANNED FOR ERPING A MINOR CHARACTER."
Sadly, there is enough shared sentiment in the fact people can't not be creepy, to merit a thread being opened

Maybe punish people trying to ERP underage characters then instead of banning underage characters themselves.

3 minutes ago, Nullish said:

IMO. I had a character under 16. It was stupid and really wasn't a contribution towards good RP.  It's as simple as communicating with faction leadership to discuss why / how your character is involved at all.

No offence, but it seems like you just couldn’t portray your character properly. I can tell right now by the way you’re saying it.

The number one rule in gang roleplay is to create your own scenes and stand out. If you couldn’t do that at your ripe age of <16, then that’s just you being a bad roleplayer. 

• Applaud 1
1 minute ago, Murat said:

No offence, but it seems like you just couldn’t portray your character properly. I can tell right now by the way you’re saying it.

The number one rule in gang roleplay is to create your own scenes and stand out. If you couldn’t do that at your ripe age of <16, then that’s just you being a bad roleplayer. 

Damn man you got me.

The people roleplaying 14 year old blood killers are portraying their characters correctly.

Anyways ya 16+ minimum lol!

1 minute ago, Nullish said:

The people roleplaying 14 year old blood killers are portraying their characters correctly

You implying that every 14 year old is a killer clearly shows that you’ve had a bad experience with gang rpers.

I hope you heal, it’s never that serious.

Don't ban something that'll ruin it for those who DO a fantastic job of protraying young teenagers whether its them joining a gang and so on. People being weird? Ban them, remove them. If we start banning things due to the few who ruin it then we will soon ban most things. I've had some amazing interactions with players who portray joining a gang at a young age really well, where they're still battling between wanting to join but also being scared they'll mess up.

The key issue is where Government agencies stand when dealing with under 18s who had no parents, from a medical faction standpoint if they get injured and don't consent on going then what do we do? No parents means we can't get a form signed by them. It leaves us in limbo, same with PD and so on.

Poor protrayal? Report it. But we do need some stance in terms of legal factions on how to handle Orphans.

• Upvote 1

I think it can make for some interesting and realistic roleplay if done correctly. I've had some fun roleplay with teenagers literally bursting into tears upon detainment, and begging not to be arrested from a LEO perspective. On the same night we arrested a 16 year old with 27 criminal points, which therefore would chuck him into a life sentence.

There needs to be some looking at ageing up characters more frequently (West Grove Community has mandatory age ups every few months?) which is a great thing, but it'd be appreciated if those who roleplay underage do try to present weaker and realistically? More loser-y characters. The main criticism presented here is against the 13 year old mass murderer, or underage characters speaking sexually towards people. These are perhaps more individual roleplay concerns... but I guess underage characters do enable these things.

• Coburn changed the title to Rule 6 - Removing under 16s