Crimes and you.

Engelbert

36 minutes ago, Florida said:

Homicides and violent crimes are up like 300% in every major city right now, and Police are being defunded and disarmed through Democratic Mayors. In a lot of major cities Police are literally banned from doing traffic stops. In the entire State of California if a Cop speaks to somebody they have to fill-out a 10-minute form about the persons age, race, sex, etc, and explain why they spoke to them.

I find this quite disturbing imo, it seems cops have no real power there. Which is directly against what they stand for.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/18/2021 at 4:08 AM, Engelbert said:

I find this quite disturbing imo, it seems cops have no real power there. Which is directly against what they stand for.

That's an issue on GTA World too, and it's something I have been seeing come up for a long time now.

Cops don't have much power over criminals on an IC level and it's a pity to see how much effort goes into proper lengthy investigations that end with the suspect being out in a few days and being back at it. That's an area I always felt every RP server I played on could see improvement in, but no one was able to come up with anything - how do you "punish" characters enough to warrant months-long complex investigations? It's not only discouraging but also silly to see twenty detectives, SWAT members and officers put so much effort into gathering the information, scouting out, creating casefiles etc. and months later, busting an extortion operation just so that the people can be out and continue doing it the day after.

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, Mahitto said:

That's an issue on GTA World too, and it's something I have been seeing come up for a long time now.

Cops don't have much power over criminals on an IC level and it's a pity to see how much effort goes into proper lengthy investigations that end with the suspect being out in a few days and being back at it. That's an area I always felt every RP server I played on could see improvement in, but no one was able to come up with anything - how do you "punish" characters enough to warrant months-long complex investigations? It's not only discouraging but also silly to see twenty detectives, SWAT members and officers put so much effort into gathering the information, scouting out, creating casefiles etc. and months later, busting an extortion operation just so that the people can be out and continue doing it the day after.

Well, this is what I always found discouraging about LEO roleplay, no matter how much effort you put into roleplay, you get to reap the rewarding moment only rarely.

If ever, cause people always have the voluntary CK option only to reroll the character under different name. I personally seen this happening among gangs before, not saying it is a trend, but I saw a character being ck'd and in an hour new character was on the street with exactly same behaviour, patterns and everything including gang affiliation.

Edited by Engelbert
3 minutes ago, Dunc said:

Are we playing GTA or the Sims?

We are roleplaying bro, which means whether you like it or not, if PD links you to a murder or a robbery, you are going to jail. And unlike GTAO npc'd cops who will find you anywhere, players have to roleplay evidence and looking for you. Which is often ruined by someone taking a ck or pk only to reroll the character and carry on with whatever they were doing,

2 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

We are roleplaying bro, which means whether you like it or not, if PD links you to a murder or a robbery, you are going to jail. And unlike GTAO npc'd cops who will find you anywhere, players have to roleplay evidence and looking for you. Which is often ruined by someone taking a ck or pk only to reroll the character and carry on with whatever they were doing,

I understand that. I just feel that a CK/PK or jail time is sufficient enough. There's no need to over-complicate things. 

Just now, Dunc said:

I understand that. I just feel that a CK/PK or jail time is sufficient enough. There's no need to over-complicate things. 

I cannot speak for PD, cause I never rp'd there. But if people feel that cking by going out in hail of bullets for a robbery is good, then they should reconsider what they want from the server right? 🙂

16 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

I cannot speak for PD, cause I never rp'd there. But if people feel that cking by going out in hail of bullets for a robbery is good, then they should reconsider what they want from the server right? 🙂

I haven't been in PD or investigative roleplay but in JSA I have had tons of people name change or CK during their ongoing trials and it was a major annoyance since all the time you put into them was wasted. I am sure PD feels the same especially when they have to be in a warzone every day.

• Upvote 1
41 minutes ago, Vassilios said:

I haven't been in PD or investigative roleplay but in JSA I have had tons of people name change or CK during their ongoing trials and it was a major annoyance since all the time you put into them was wasted. I am sure PD feels the same especially when they have to be in a warzone every day.

I know exactly what you mean. I've try to bring this up bc its mostly an issue for the ADAs where you spend all this time post an arraignment for them to name change and ghost the case or just change the plea before the trial even starts. LSRP if I remember correctly had a rule about namechanging while you are in an active court case and i think we need something like that here because a lot of time gets weapons. Even in RP it takes a lot of people dedicating a lot of IRL time to keep a court system like ours going and we should have rules where the time they put in is valued.

IF you want to plead guilty, serve your time or name change see no issue with that but when you plead not guilty and start setting things in motions that requires others people times you should be bounded to the case until its completion.

• Wuhtah locked this topic