Crimes and you.

Engelbert

So this is supposed to be a civil discussion about the crime rate in Los Santos, I know it's hard not to delve into the usual argument legal vs illegal. But this is not about that.

This discussion as aimed at both sides, cause both sides are breaking the law right? That said, I took a look at crime mapping map of Los Angeles and I seen plenty of crime yes, lately it's on the rise, but we all know, that COVID and recent riots play very important role in the recent surge.  For instance there were 16 reports of robbery in last week. 16 and we are talking about Los Angeles, city with millions of people. This is not meant to be jab against anyone, but what I see on the server is a genuine lack of roleplay. People get bored, they want to do something, they take their guns and hop into a car rolling out to commit a crime. Which is what I believe is the main reason for poorly roleplayed robberies. Again this is only for discussion and a reminder, we cannot cite real life statistics, mainly because we simply lack the population to have such high crime rate in the game and then we also lack factors that play the role in recent crime surge in Los Angeles. So real life cases shouldn't be used to validate points in the game. Simply because nearly every factor in the play there is different from the game.

Edited by Engelbert

People roleplay to quite literally play a role, we don't try to simulate reality we try to mimic it in the confines of GTA, most people's idea of fun roleplay is being either a criminal or a law enforcement agent, I have a 9 to 5 job I'm not going to roleplay a 24/7 store cleric just because someone thinks it's unrealistic for crime to be too high within the server so people are ought to play a civilian because "muh immersion" is ruined. If you've got a problem with poor roleplay report it, show some evidence of it happening and it'll be dealt with, complaining about the surge of crime within the city OOCly won't help anyone, at the end of the day people will roleplay whatever they want and  law abiding civilians will always be a minority whether you're willing to accept it or not. No matter how hard you try a GTA server will never be a carbon copy of real life, things will be exaggerated one way or another.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1

It's just more noticeable because you evidently see less people than you would in real-life. I do believe there is a degree of players that do the crime where some of it is unnecessary (shootouts outside clubs etc.), but that just comes down to rulebreaking as is.

Edited by undefined
37 minutes ago, undefined said:

It's just more noticeable because you evidently see less people than you would in real-life. I do believe there is a degree of players that do the crime where some of it is unnecessary (shootouts outside clubs etc.), but that just comes down to rulebreaking as is.

Finally actually someone gets it. The point I am trying to make is that, nobody commits crime 24/7. All I am saying people shouldn't log in daily, fill their crime quota and log off.

Edited by Engelbert
48 minutes ago, undefined said:

Shootout in clubs do happen this was recent in my city , yesterday.   Is the last video . third video skip to 2:18 where the other report starts about the club . Look at the dates of these uploaded videos .  I could go on and provide more but you get the point . A lot of people do dumb shit and and some don’t rationalize. Especially when alcohol is involved.  

Edited by free

Homicides and violent crimes are up like 300% in every major city right now, and Police are being defunded and disarmed through Democratic Mayors. In a lot of major cities Police are literally banned from doing traffic stops. In the entire State of California if a Cop speaks to somebody they have to fill-out a 10-minute form about the persons age, race, sex, etc, and explain why they spoke to them.

3 minutes ago, free said:

Shootout in clubs do happen this was recent in my city , yesterday.   Is the last video . third video skip to 2:18 where the other report starts about the club . Look at the dates of these uploaded videos .  I could go on and provide more but you get the point . A lot of people do dumb shit and and some don’t rationalize. Especially when alcohol is involved.  

Think you misunderstood me, I never said they don't happen - I said a same character shouldn't have 5 shootouts a week in/outside clubs etc. Which I think you can agree on too, it just looks bad, and usually it's the same characters doing it.

15 minutes ago, Florida said:

Homicides and violent crimes are up like 300% in every major city right now, and Police are being defunded and disarmed through Democratic Mayors. In a lot of major cities Police are literally banned from doing traffic stops. In the entire State of California if a Cop speaks to somebody they have to fill-out a 10-minute form about the persons age, race, sex, etc, and explain why they spoke to them.

Big facts bro 

15 minutes ago, undefined said:

Think you misunderstood me, I never said they don't happen - I said a same character shouldn't have 5 shootouts a week in/outside clubs etc. Which I think you can agree on too, it just looks bad, and usually it's the same characters doing it.

I agree 

• Wuhtah locked this topic