12) Crime-free areas, Port Terminal and Loading docks.

14 minutes ago, Topinambour said:

It seems the "if there are no players then there is nobody" rule is the core of the problem here. :x

It makes, indeed, zero sense to have gunpoint robberies and stuff like that in a port that is supposed to be among the busiest in the world... And the fact that there might be a Gruppe6 patrol once in a blue moon ('cause I have literally never ever seen a single one since I got back lol)... Well, it doesn't compensate for the fact that if you decided to rob a trucker at gunpoint there, which is something dumb enough already, it WOULD be reported almost instantly to port security and the police. Except it doesn't happen, because if you take your phone out while being robbed you're dead. So it somehow becomes profitable, against all odds 😕 

Most people know I'm not much in favor of "full realism", but this here makes so little sense, it breaks any semblance of verisimilitude. :x 

That said, the same goes for armed robberies on Vinewood Boulevard at 9 PM, but while it's a connected topic, it's also a different one. 

Hitup the administration team and see if they can get a bit lenient so truckers and dock workers can roleplay a form of silent alarm that tips off the police, people can still do crime there albeit needs to be pre-planned and not on a whim to avoid getting arrested. In a sense you take the crime issue ICly by equipping relevant personnel with silent alarms that they can easily trigger without getting shot in the head.

Edited by MeowTheEpic
im dying
2 hours ago, Raf Simons Raven said:

Crime free zone... Ports... It’s a no from me...

If you have an issue with how someone’s role playing their robbery and how it’s unrealistic then report it. It’s a simple solution. A lot of these companies in Elysian are fenced off, one way in/out, have CCTV Cameras, Gruppe6 and PD/SD constantly driving through. These businesses are basically are basically fortresses.

There is no need to crime free these areas. (in my opinion)

Next people will want Los Santos to be a crime free zone as a whole. 

I think you're just being silly.

I literally saw a forum report where a trucker was robbed right next to the ship after they actually camped the spot, but it was deemed ok after they bullshitted their way out of it by saying something like 'It was an IC risk'. That just doesn't fucking fly with me, how is it ok? For some direct comparison, players have been punished for camping clothing stores and holding them up the second they leave the immediate area. If this is deemed poor quality, why is robbing truckers at the port loading bays any different? Pretending it isn't a problem is only going to make things worse, This isn't an isolated incident either, as it's something I gave very..very strict discouragement to and on occasion, punished for when I was staff. As others did too.

In real life, the goods are paid for by whoever their company is hauling the goods for, or if they're very lucky they get to choose from a list of loads they want to take to customers. They're not forced to a spot which makes them a target for random street thugs. Infact many probably don't carry much money on them, only enough to buy food etc. I'm not saying to make the whole port crime free, just ban robberies at loading bays and that's all that's really needed. As It's somewhere that truckers are FORCED to go to and have money on them to spend on goods, and somehow this is common knowledge to every street thug.

Edited by Moonsong
19 minutes ago, Moonsong said:

I think you're just being silly.

I literally saw a forum report where a trucker was robbed right next to the ship after they actually camped the spot, but it was deemed ok after they bullshitted their way out of it by saying something like 'It was an IC risk'. That just doesn't fucking fly with me, how is it ok? For some direct comparison, players have been punished for camping clothing stores and holding them up the second they leave the immediate area. If this is deemed poor quality, why is robbing truckers at the port loading bays any different? Pretending it isn't a problem is only going to make things worse, This isn't an isolated incident either, as it's something I gave very..very strict discouragement to and on occasion, punished for when I was staff. As others did too.

In real life, the goods are paid for by whoever their company is hauling the goods for, or if they're very lucky they get to choose from a list of loads they want to take to customers. They're not forced to a spot which makes them a target for random street thugs. Infact many probably don't carry much money on them, only enough to buy food etc. I'm not saying to make the whole port crime free, just ban robberies at loading bays and that's all that's really needed. As It's somewhere that truckers are FORCED to go to and have money on them to spend on goods, and somehow this is common knowledge to every street thug.

How am I being silly? While I don’t rob truckers going about their trucking routine down in Elysian, I still have to disagree w making it a safe zone. There’s already enough safe zones, what makes trucking companies so special? They’ve got cameras, security, police patrol, fences and the whole nine yards lol. It seems like an IC issue, and if the portrayal is sh*t? Report it simple as but don’t make it a crime free zone lmao

“'It was an IC risk'. That just doesn't fucking fly with me“ hate to say it but if it doesn’t fly with you doesn’t mean they need to implement a whole new rule. There’s all these measurements in place (CCTV security ect) it’s nothing short of an IC issue and if the portrayal is sh*t? Like I said. Report the player. 

(I never rob people at trucking depots and such, I just don’t want the server to turn into IMVU or second life with half the city Being safe zones. It’s bad enough illegal RPers having to request everything and anything now a days)

3 minutes ago, Raf Simons Raven said:

How am I being silly? While I don’t rob truckers going about their trucking routine down in Elysian, I still have to disagree w making it a safe zone. There’s already enough safe zones, what makes trucking companies so special? They’ve got cameras, security, police patrol, fences and the whole nine yards lol. It seems like an IC issue, and if the portrayal is sh*t? Report it simple as but don’t make it a crime free zone lmao

“'It was an IC risk'. That just doesn't fucking fly with me“ hate to say it but if it doesn’t fly with you doesn’t mean they need to implement a whole new rule. There’s all these measurements in place (CCTV security ect) it’s nothing short of an IC issue and if the portrayal is sh*t? Like I said. Report the player. 

(I never rob people at trucking depots and such, I just don’t want the server to turn into IMVU or second life with half the city Being safe zones. It’s bad enough illegal RPers having to request everything and anything now a days)

Next people will want Los Santos to be a crime free zone as a whole. 

In answer to your question.

Reporting the player does nothing to deter these unrealistic crimes if the handling admin doesn't see it as an issue. It only makes matters worse and encourages this kind of behaviour. Again if you'd actually read my post properly, you'd see that I'm not supporting making the whole of the port a crime free zone or even the loading bays. I only suggested to simply ban robberies at them, then I'm gusto.

You can bury your head in the sand all you want imo, it won't make the problem go away when players are doing this kind of thing en mass.

22 minutes ago, Raf Simons Raven said:

what makes trucking companies so special?

If the trucks stop, everything else in the server stops. Those trucks deliver materials that stores turn into products. If a store runs out of shipped goods, they can't sell anymore. This includes tattoo parlors, clothing stores, gas stations...

It all stops.

1 hour ago, DasFroggy said:

If the trucks stop, everything else in the server stops. Those trucks deliver materials that stores turn into products. If a store runs out of shipped goods, they can't sell anymore. This includes tattoo parlors, clothing stores, gas stations...

It all stops.

So they should be untouchable.... crimes occur on ports and surrounding all the time. I’m not talking armed robbery one a lone worker (probably happens none the less, it’s 2021) but robberies do happen. 

I think I’ve been robbed like once since joining the server lmao. so I’m unsure if you guys are AFK outside all the time or what. 

8 minutes ago, Raf Simons Raven said:

So they should be untouchable..

Wow. 

That's... wow...

If that's your takeaway... 

It has been spelled out that trucking is needed for the roleplay server economy to exist, and your gripe is a purely imaginary belief that someone wants complete and utter immunity to all crime. 

Lets correct that.

It's not that they should be immune, as nobody should be immune at all times, so much as there should be regions where a higher standard of roleplay should be required to commit a crime. Someone with the finances and the experience to carry out heisting a truck on a very busy dock? Sure. I'm all for it. 

...but some 'dumb criminals' holding every truck driver they see at gunpoint literally at the cargo pickup point? That's how you end up with new rules that NOBODY likes.

If you can get it under control before it starts shutting down the city wide logistics network again, we can let this discussion go quiet, but until then... This discussion is going to keep happening.

29 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

Wow. 

That's... wow...

If that's your takeaway... 

It has been spelled out that trucking is needed for the roleplay server economy to exist, and your gripe is a purely imaginary belief that someone wants complete and utter immunity to all crime. 

Lets correct that.

It's not that they should be immune, as nobody should be immune at all times, so much as there should be regions where a higher standard of roleplay should be required to commit a crime. Someone with the finances and the experience to carry out heisting a truck on a very busy dock? Sure. I'm all for it. 

...but some 'dumb criminals' holding every truck driver they see at gunpoint literally at the cargo pickup point? That's how you end up with new rules that NOBODY likes.

If you can get it under control before it starts shutting down the city wide logistics network again, we can let this discussion go quiet, but until then... This discussion is going to keep happening.

Wow. 

That's... wow...

Show me a video of someone robbing every single trucker they see. I’m genuinely curious now. 

it sounds to me you want truckers to have immunity to crimes despite there being everything put in place to prevent robberies. CCTV, security, fences, cops patrolling constantly. In my opinion? Coming off very play to win bra. IC issue. 

By making this a safe zone? You’re taking RP out from the Gruppe6 guys that built a faction on providing security for companies and problems like this. 

1 minute ago, Raf Simons Raven said:

Show me a video of someone robbing every single trucker they see. I’m genuinely curious now. 

You want the secret to immortality with that? While you're busy conjuring more impossible requests to try and bury any discussion of real problems, I'll try to keep the discussion on a more realistic level.

3 minutes ago, Raf Simons Raven said:

it sounds to me you want truckers to have immunity

Despite my having at no point asked for immunity. I'm all for improving the network in ways that enable security and law enforcement organizations, such as an autocall script that reports suspicious activity in what should be highly active areas, but I'll never ask for outright immunity. 

When you're ready to have a serious part in this discussion instead of trolling, we'll be here. Until then, it's clear you don't have anything to contribute outside of wild assumptions.