12) Crime-free areas, Port Terminal and Loading docks.

As the Port Authority Director it is sort of ridiculous how many crimes happen there. It should be that you can not execute blatant crime during the day light hours, as there are realistically hundreds of trucks and other personnel that would easily spot you and call 9-1-1, alas FM has banned NPC calls.

I don’t think crime should be allowed in the jetsam terminal area at all, as to get in there you’d have to present ID and a worker/delivery pass, hence the gated booths.

Edited by NexusExodus

As someone who works down a Port IRL, has been down a container pier almost his entire life. There is never a time that there aren't workers down there. The container pier is a 24/7 job and should be taken into consideration when making it a crime-free zone. Whilst there are multiple entry points, those are almost always laid with security and workers. These ports all have big chain-link gates on them. I can go down the Port in my city and take pictures for anyone who really wants to see, regardless. Like when there's no cops in MRS. It should be role-played that Government-hired security are manning the tolls, are at the gates (The security trailers are right there!)

Fully support this suggestion as not only a Port Worker irl, but also one IC. 

(However, I do SUPPORT Organized Crime and Blue-Collar crime. Not just random "I feel like robbery" rp.)

Edited by moulton
3 hours ago, moulton said:

As someone who works down a Port IRL, has been down a container pier almost his entire life. There is never a time that there aren't workers down there. The container pier is a 24/7 job and should be taken into consideration when making it a crime-free zone. Whilst there are multiple entry points, those are almost always laid with security and workers. These ports all have big chain-link gates on them. I can go down the Port in my city and take pictures for anyone who really wants to see, regardless. Like when there's no cops in MRS. It should be role-played that Government-hired security are manning the tolls, are at the gates (The security trailers are right there!)

Fully support this suggestion as not only a Port Worker irl, but also one IC. 

(However, I do SUPPORT Organized Crime and Blue-Collar crime. Not just random "I feel like robbery" rp.)

+1

8 hours ago, MoeLSRP said:

I'm not in favor for this. The less we limit the game from an OOC perspective, the more enjoyable the game is.

This is actually wrong? How can I tell? Disable DM rule for one night and see what will happen. People will simply do whatever they want, while saying they won't. That's the community stigma and always been. Maybe I should rephrase the initial suggestion to make terminal and loading docks crime-free?

To elaborate further. Everyone has different standard and some people are usually choosing the simple path. They saw few videos of people robbing someone near a bank or shooting someone as result of a verbal insult and they simply apply such approach IG.

Edited by Engelbert
  • Engelbert changed the title to 12) Crime-free areas, Port Terminal and Loading docks.
23 hours ago, Cocaine Capital said:

Haven’t there been contradicting reports. Some administrators say we NPC the population to be more than it is. Others say we cannot. Until this has been set in stone I’d say no to this. 

On 10/17/2021 at 9:03 AM, NexusExodus said:

As the Port Authority Director it is sort of ridiculous how many crimes happen there. It should be that you can not execute blatant crime during the day light hours, as there are realistically hundreds of trucks and other personnel that would easily spot you and call 9-1-1, alas FM has banned NPC calls.

I don’t think crime should be allowed in the jetsam terminal area at all, as to get in there you’d have to present ID and a worker/delivery pass, hence the gated booths.

I have seen several report conclusions contradicting IFM's statement about this so it very much is up in the air or newer Admins haven't gotten the message. This is what was last declared on the subject:

tl;dr - "If you are on a public street during daylight and someone sticks you up, assume the street is empty while the stickup is occurring. If there are people on the street, let them call 911. If they aren't calling 911, then that's an IC issue. We cannot force players to roleplay non-existent entities restricting their fundamentally rule-abiding activities. Unfortunately, civilians do not get to pick and choose when they are allowed to be victimized in real life, so this is reflected in-game just as well. This is the official position of IFM and changing from this position would result in a drastic reduction in criminal roleplay and have an unnecessarily unfair impact on limiting criminal roleplay and police roleplay."

I completely disagree with this considering they are basically advocating for only RP'ing who is physically present, meaning those who are actually on the server. So we live in a city of a few hundred people at a time and its a pick-and-choose situation on what's realistic and what's not. We can have crime-free PD stations and government buildings but a normally busy and heavily patrolled federal shipping port is fair game. I don't know how this makes sense but that's their stance. This suggestion probably won't see the light of day.

Edited by 99
28 minutes ago, 99 said:

We can have crime-free PD stations and government buildings but a normally busy and heavily patrolled federal shipping port is fair game

And you can shoot someone on Vinewood Boulevard at 3 pm on a Saturday, because it seems there would be nobody there :x It's kinda weird... 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Topinambour said:

And you can shoot someone on Vinewood Boulevard at 3 pm on a Saturday, because it seems there would be nobody there :x It's kinda weird... 

I mean, what's weirder?

Being able to shoot someone in broad daylight in the middle of Vinewood Boulevard because there's no one but you and one other person actually there?
Or not being able to shoot that person because you have to assume there are hundreds of invisible NPCs  populating the street that could see you?