12) Crime-free areas, Port Terminal and Loading docks.

Add port of Los Santos on crime-free area list. A port is a busy place day and night filled with people varying from crane operators to security patrols. Ain't no way a couple of robbers would just be able to drive inside and rob a truck driver. I don't think there's anything more to be said, as this is quite simple. 

Edited by Engelbert
  • Upvote 4
  • Engelbert changed the title to 12) Crime-free areas, Port of Los Santos.

Upvoted (since I have no more reactions).

I think it would be best to make it a hybrid kind of rule exception here. I have no idea if any sort of supplier-connected crime RP happens at the port but there could be a lot of fruitful RP opportunities for something like that. Petty theft such as robbery by driving onto the port and robbing truckers? Absolutely not.

Edited by 99
5 minutes ago, The.Godfather said:

We can make the exact argument for many other places that are more populated than the LS port (IRL and IG), so its a NO from me.

When did you see people randomly pulling up to a truck in the middle of state port or a factory only to rob a driver?

2 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

When did you see people randomly pulling up to a truck in the middle of state port or a factory only to rob a driver?

I didn't even see people pulling up to my business IRL every other day to steal half a million worth cars with no fear of any cameras around. Ban that too, perhaps?

Edited by The.Godfather
1 minute ago, The.Godfather said:

I didn't even see people pulling up to my business IRL every other day to steal half a million worth cars with no fear and cameras around. Ban that too, perhaps?

You are missing the point here. A port is fenced off and guarded area with entry points that are guarded 24/7 ain't a chance robbers in a car rolling from the hood inside through the gate like that.

Just now, Engelbert said:

You are missing the point here. A port is fenced off and guarded area with entry points that are guarded 24/7 ain't a chance robbers in a car rolling from the hood inside through the gate like that.

That's the thing! We can't NPC some areas while blatantly ignoring the rest. I can also make an argument that its 2021 in one of the most advanced cities of the world, and large businesses would always be equipped with the most sophisticated surveillance equipment IRL, but since its a game with many limitations, we gotta find the right balance there.

And why just the port, the Del Perro (or Santa Monica) Pier is also heavily populated IRL, many times more than the port for sure, but admins have previously stated that we can't NPC what doesn't exist. IG population is what we have to go with! 

• Upvote 1

nah, not supporting. by this logic half of the city should be crime free zones because they’d also have a high amount of people there. e.g vespucci beach (venice beach - if we’re looking at irl equivalents) or the main street of vinewood (hollywood)

locking off the entire docks is locking off a huge amount of potential for crime. if there’s bad eggs you just need to report them just like how everyone else has to in these “busy” areas

1 hour ago, Engelbert said:

ok but the port in this server has multiple entrance points without any fences, gates or guards soooooo 

Edited by joshua
  • Engelbert changed the title to 12) Crime-free areas, Port Terminal and Loading docks.