If you're gonna play a parent-less 12 year old, we need child protective services

KinnyWynny

On 10/18/2021 at 12:44 PM, sCrax said:

I think this is also a reason why there are no businesses open in Davis. No older characters to run those businesses, only teenage gang bangers with no deeper thought behind them.

I agree with you 100%, but on this point: I tried to RP a 28 year old character organizing and running the Community Center and got murdered by a gang, so that project collapsed. Then I started an elderly character from Davis and accessing a business to open for people was a process I had to abandon because the way Property Requests work in this server you're looking at months before you can have a place. The problem is multidimensional and to me the biggest issue in devolving to neighborhood gang violence is not making it easy to access businesses in a timely manner.

It's a self-serving circle of "There's nothing to RP in Davis but young gangmembers -> nobody opens businesses -> people open businesses -> there's no adult characters to interact with the businesses -> young characters mess with the business -> business is destroyed".

The cycle could be broken through a conscious initiative by Property Management to make a big push to promote a big promotion of small businesses in South Central that would encourage adult characters to go there to run them, but the current system is really not conducive to it.

Edited by Koko
  • Upvote 4

16 year old makes sense to me. You are technically old enough to drive and still makes sense to be in a gang. Any younger than that, I am always about letting players roleplay their characters with some autonomy but I have yet to have a positive interaction with an underage character. For example on my lawyer account I was suing this fake lawyer for a client that was stolen from by this guy. Turned out this character was a teenager who somehow knew how to run some sophisticated fake lawyer scam with shell accounts and everything. And claimed the ad he posted with him in it he photoshopped it to make him look like an adult. It made no sense.

Edited by Power
40 minutes ago, Power said:

For example on my lawyer account I was suing this fake lawyer for a client that was stolen from by this guy. Turned out this character was a teenager who somehow knew how to run some sophisticated fake lawyer scam with shell accounts and everything. And claimed the ad he posted with him in it he photoshopped it to make him look like an adult. It made no sense.

I remember that! Nigh straight up powergaming, that one...

17 hours ago, Power said:

16 year old makes sense to me. You are technically old enough to drive and still makes sense to be in a gang. Any younger than that, I am always about letting players roleplay their characters with some autonomy but I have yet to have a positive interaction with an underage character. For example on my lawyer account I was suing this fake lawyer for a client that was stolen from by this guy. Turned out this character was a teenager who somehow knew how to run some sophisticated fake lawyer scam with shell accounts and everything. And claimed the ad he posted with him in it he photoshopped it to make him look like an adult. It made no sense.

I agree with this. I am absolutely against limiting people's roleplay but every single underaged person I've met had either really had roleplay it was trolling. I'm sure there are legit roleplayers that are 14-15 ingame but the majority seem to use age as an excuse for the trolling. 16+ is a good compromise where you're not too young.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Vassilios said:

I agree with this. I am absolutely against limiting people's roleplay but every single underaged person I've met had either really had roleplay it was trolling. I'm sure there are legit roleplayers that are 14-15 ingame but the majority seem to use age as an excuse for the trolling. 16+ is a good compromise where you're not too young.

We are at the point, where you can safely assume that every teen below 18 is a gangster, cause such characters are only allowed for gang roleplay.

18 hours ago, Power said:

17 hours ago, DasFroggy said:

I remember that! Nigh straight up powergaming, that one...

should read up on this https://www.kiro7.com/news/trending/florida-fake-teen-doctor-dr-love-arrested-again-fraud-charges/BRHVMPBA7JE5RHVPVZKRPOPBLQ/

People like this exist. Kids like mentioned here exist. They're one in a million and it just so happens that 99% of them are concentrated in Los Santos in our IC lore.

At most the "average gangbanging teen" is gonna act as a spotter or a courier until they're about 17-18.

1 hour ago, Vassilios said:

Literally had a 16 year old hit on me 30 year old character. In a bar.

Welcome to Carry's life (okay okay she's over 40 but you get what I mean).

Some of the people on a meta-level expect to be denied (as it's naturally on us to check for the rules before engaging in flirts leading potentially to sexual activities ic).

This denial then gets used as pre-scripted reason to develop a hatred for women (as they're gold digger hags who constantly suck every cock but yours).

Ban kids please.

• Wuhtah locked this topic