If you're gonna play a parent-less 12 year old, we need child protective services

KinnyWynny

5 hours ago, Late said:

I wouldn't be upset if characters were not allowed to be under 18, 16 AT A PUSH. 

I actively try to avoid RPing with characters who're under 18. I personally think it's weird to want to roleplay a child. Let's not forget we're playing GTA not Second Life. 

I think it’s weird for OOC adults erping with someone rping as an adult but is probably a teenager irl. I also think it’s weird for people in general to erp. Erp isn’t need it for character development . Like I said you could fade 2 black . If you’re rping a prostitue it still works out the f2b.  

There's a lot of kids I personally see in real life within my neighborhood (I live in a not so good/but not so bad neighborhood within the U.S) I've seen some of their parents due to just living in the neighborhood. Some of them don't give a shit, but are in welfare housing; so the American government is dog shit for child care and target the people that typically aren't bad parents they just aren't fortunate enough to be the best to their abilities. Anyways I digress about it, I've RPd always being either 16 or an adult (18) for my gang banging characters cause RPing a kid to me is boring, though character development is at full range. Typically if you're RPing a teenager/young adult you live with an Auntie, Grandparent or an over working single parent. The whole "my parents are junkies" is annoying for somebody to use, I've seen parents that do use drugs but they're great parents and still have custody of their children.

In all honesty, f2b/full course RP can be shaky the only developmental RP that comes from it is your char losing their virginity. Now it comes down to the player (after they're past 18 both IC/OOC) to RP it in full detail, but f2b is agreeably accepting to do. Other than that, only time you should really do so is when your character is in an active relationship. You shouldn't be banging each other's chars like rabbits. I digress, we all know where it'd lead too if I continue. If you're RPing 12-16 you're within a faction and it's typically for development purposes, these chars either die before they reach 21. So the goal isn't even eRP for them and if it is the player in question should be banned from even RPing under 16.

Gang RP would improve if you had more adult characters and less minors (and yes I know people join gangs as kids). Talking about the ones that are in their 20s/30s but still active, the ones that have one foot out the door but still bang, the ones that are in and out of prison and are too far gone, the ones that are moving into more sophisticated organized crime schemes, the ones that got addicted then got clean then relapsed and got addicted again, the ones that have kids and baby mommas and families and jobs but still have the gangbanger mindset, etc. Characters going through grown up shit. Maybe that's just me though. Whenever I browse threads I'm getting less and less interested in the cliche "development role play" of a peewee joining his gang and learning the ABCs of life in the hood. The characters that are minors are also very boring/uninteresting usually. Most of their factions close before they can reach the point to be a character like the ones in my second sentence too. There's people on this server that would rather role play kids over and over instead of an older character and that confuses me.

• Upvote 4
  • Applaud 1
4 hours ago, Gecko said:

Gang RP would improve if you had more adult characters and less minors (and yes I know people join gangs as kids). Talking about the ones that are in their 20s/30s but still active, the ones that have one foot out the door but still bang, the ones that are in and out of prison and are too far gone, the ones that are moving into more sophisticated organized crime schemes, the ones that got addicted then got clean then relapsed and got addicted again, the ones that have kids and baby mommas and families and jobs but still have the gangbanger mindset, etc. Characters going through grown up shit. Maybe that's just me though. Whenever I browse threads I'm getting less and less interested in the cliche "development role play" of a peewee joining his gang and learning the ABCs of life in the hood. The characters that are minors are also very boring/uninteresting usually. Most of their factions close before they can reach the point to be a character like the ones in my second sentence too. There's people on this server that would rather role play kids over and over instead of an older character and that confuses me.

I love the idea of playing the older character as well, since well, I am older. Trying to juggle that life and a family would be interesting for sure.

14 hours ago, Gecko said:

It's not really possible to create an older character in the gang environment here. 90% of the gang leaders will forbid you from making a character older than 16. And there is no way you can actually develop your teenage character to 25-30 as majority of gangs here don't have longevity. The only way to implement  older characters in the current environment is to have an OOC agreement with a leader that would let you make a seasoned character. But it's not that simple to reach the said agreement.

I think this is also a reason why there are no businesses open in Davis. No older characters to run those businesses, only teenage gang bangers with no deeper thought behind them.

2 hours ago, sCrax said:

It's not really possible to create an older character in the gang environment here. 90% of the gang leaders will forbid you from making a character older than 16. And there is no way you can actually develop your teenage character to 25-30 as majority of gangs here don't have longevity. The only way to implement  older characters in the current environment is to have an OOC agreement with a leader that would let you make a seasoned character. But it's not that simple to reach the said agreement.

I think this is also a reason why there are no businesses open in Davis. No older characters to run those businesses, only teenage gang bangers with no deeper thought behind them.

Basically this right here ^ 

On 10/18/2021 at 1:44 PM, sCrax said:

The only way to implement  older characters in the current environment is to have an OOC agreement with a leader that would let you make a seasoned character. But it's not that simple to reach the said agreement.

Gangbanger: Hey lead, can I make a seasoned 18 y/o character to avoid having to play a 12 year old?
Leader: Sure, just don't be robo-gangbanger.

Not really that hard.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

I did have to do some convincing for my MS13 character though, it wasnt like you stated at all.

Obviously there'll be a few more things, but if you put the point across properly and it's possible, I see no reason why a group/faction leader would deny it.

• Wuhtah locked this topic