Subway/Underground Stations revisited

fivexfiver

Subway/Underground

Short description: Use something similar to the autodrive or drivers test systems to create an underground subway.

Detailed description: Use one of the autodrive or point to point drive systems to create trains that go to the already mapped subway stations on the map. You could require people to purchase a ticket at the station and then even employ subway transit guards who then check tickets, patrol the subway stations and trains for crimes, You don't usually see subway train drivers so there is no required interaction like there usually is on a bus. I know not all the subway lines are mapped and you could simply have the train interior windows be dirty etc so that people can't see out. I'm not sure if there is a vehicle for a train car but perhaps a mod or even a bus could work.

Commands to add: A terminal or command for buying tickets. 

Items to add:

How would your suggestion improve the server? It would offer players a low cost way to get from the various area's of the city in a realistic manner without always relying on players to actually drive. At the same time it only has a few stations so taxi's and busses are still viable for players to work as since they take you directly to your destination and run outside the subway line. It would create the opportunity for another guard type job in transit. It would open up the use of subway stations for both legal and illegal rp opportunities. It would be something the government could offer as a private contract to companies like LS Transit to run. 

Additional information: Because this would be under the map you wouldn't have to worry about autodrive collisions of the trains since they would be a set route and no other traffic.

• Upvote 1

If it's possible then sure.

But my only concern is that this could kill off the taxi system which is near enough dead as it is.

I'm sure Habeeb would have something to say about this.

So based on the fact it could kill off the public transport we already have (taxi's and the bus system) I would say no.

At the times I play there are little to no taxis. And as covered in the suggestion it only stops at a handful of stations. Taxis and buses are still needed to go to exact locations. I think there are something like 6-8 stations throughout the city. 

If anything its rental cars killing the taxis and buses. There's a station at the airport for subway. You could replace the rental car at the airport and let ppl use the subway first. 

Edited by fivexfiver
  • Wuhtah locked this topic