Bear Bangers (They are not just for bears ;) )

fivexfiver

Bear Bangers

Short description: Add a bear bangers item for hikers to use that can potentially scare off wildlife.

Detailed description: Bear bangers are a staple for many outdoorsy people in North America.  They are "a very loud explosive that is launched from a hand held cylinder." You can also get air horns for the same purpose. Normally coyotes are more likely to run away than attack but I understand the limitation of wildlife types and the want to have some sort of threat by wild animals. That said, you shouldn't need to go through the whole process of applying for a gun license to go for a hike on a trail. The addition of bear bangers or horns, which wouldn't hurt an animal, just scare it off would be something that hikers could carry as a single use item when trekking off the beaten path.

Commands to add: None

Items to add: Air horn or "Bear Banger"  Whatever you prefer to call it. Using these items would require scripting animals within a certain radius to turn and run.

How would your suggestion improve the server?  It would allow a not violent option against wildlife threats and rebalance the slightly unrealistic, imo, aggression of some wildlife. 

Additional information:

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, moulton said:

interesting idea, wonder if it could be implemented with the AI.

Yeah, I'm just assuming. Hard to know without being familiar with coding and what you can actually change behavior wise. 

The deer run off if you get close enough and animals attack if you get close enough..so that's probably radial based? That's my assumption anyway.

I'm pretty sure in single player you can change the animals to be non threatening/ignore you. So maybe it would be a matter of the item triggering that switch if they are in a certain radius of item use? And only for a set amount of time before the model returns to default?

Edited by fivexfiver
  • 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, fivexfiver said:

In addition maybe this could be an airhorn instead so could be use as a robbery deterrent? Not sure how well that works anyway.

-an airhorn is heard in the distance-

"What was that?"

-a gunshot is heard in the distance-

"Probably nothing. Want to go get some Taco Bomb?"

"Hell yeah, I'm starving!"

Edited by DasFroggy
  • Applaud 2
6 hours ago, DasFroggy said:

-an airhorn is heard in the distance-

"What was that?"

-a gunshot is heard in the distance-

"Probably nothing. Want to go get some Taco Bomb?"

"Hell yeah, I'm starving!"

Yeaaa.. That's why this post was about wildlife deterrent. I had the same thought as you. 

• Wuhtah locked this topic