Encouraging communities and outside RP

Paenymion

On 10/14/2021 at 10:06 AM, mj2002 said:

I believe that community threads/discords/groups that don't particularly cater to players of one illegal faction can be key here, but sometimes this is hard to actually get off the ground.

Recent examples of these.

I'm sure there's others too.

These specific communities have to deal with extreme problems with regards to housing availability. However, this should really be the way forward and is applicable in the county as well as in the city. Even if only it is for a block, or two blocks. That would be easier than trying to cover an entire neighborhood in the city anyway.

When I was a staff member, I tried to push for more support towards "Neighborhoods" as opposed to focusing only on Legal Factions or Illegal Factions, but I wasn't able to get much done in that area. I think this is an area that is underappreciated and deserves more support, not just from staff, but also from players.

In the end, what it comes down to, is a small group of players putting in the (huge) efforts of starting things up, and getting support from PM to be able to develop the concepts that they like in their small areas. Once that start is made successfully, things usually get up to speed simply because of the appeal they have for other players. If you know there is activity somewhere, you'll go there first to experience random roleplay encounters.

If you and a few other players are able to be active at a specific block or area, maintain a few active businesses, and offer options for other characters to move in and participate, then you can get somewhere quickly. Start an unofficial group and see where it takes you.

Thanks for the shoutout MJ. The Paleto Bay project is indeed ambitious, but that's what makes it fun for us. 🙂

On 10/15/2021 at 4:08 PM, TyJ said:

I’ve always been a big advocate for community RP. People tend to stick to their crowd of OOC friends and don’t bother interacting with others in game. People need to start interacting more with others if we want this type of role-play to be prevalent on the server.

Agreed, but once more, what @Jennie said remains a major problem. If you RP outside, you're quickly explained - either through passive-agressive emotes or OOC "jokes XDDDDD LMAO" - that you're a mallrat. 

Like example, seconds ago, after a short AFK in K-Town, I almost instantly get called (in /PM) a "Lesbian mallrat" after what amounted to no real RP interaction. That's bound to disourage people from even trying to RP outside. Or, if they're new, to try RP'ing at all on the server, really.  

Sticking with your friends basically reduces that risk to zero ^^' 

Edited by Topinambour
On 10/14/2021 at 9:06 AM, mj2002 said:

I believe that community threads/discords/groups that don't particularly cater to players of one illegal faction can be key here, but sometimes this is hard to actually get off the ground.

Recent examples of these.

I'm sure there's others too.

These specific communities have to deal with extreme problems with regards to housing availability. However, this should really be the way forward and is applicable in the county as well as in the city. Even if only it is for a block, or two blocks. That would be easier than trying to cover an entire neighborhood in the city anyway.

When I was a staff member, I tried to push for more support towards "Neighborhoods" as opposed to focusing only on Legal Factions or Illegal Factions, but I wasn't able to get much done in that area. I think this is an area that is underappreciated and deserves more support, not just from staff, but also from players.

In the end, what it comes down to, is a small group of players putting in the (huge) efforts of starting things up, and getting support from PM to be able to develop the concepts that they like in their small areas. Once that start is made successfully, things usually get up to speed simply because of the appeal they have for other players. If you know there is activity somewhere, you'll go there first to experience random roleplay encounters.

If you and a few other players are able to be active at a specific block or area, maintain a few active businesses, and offer options for other characters to move in and participate, then you can get somewhere quickly. Start an unofficial group and see where it takes you.

^

As MJ2002 said I came up with an idea (as a first timer roleplaying in the county)  where anyone within the community whether legal or illegal would post their screenshots around the Sandy or County area without being within the faction and allowing others to develop their characters to which road they take. Resulting in creating the Sandy Shores Community thread.

There were pretty much mixed results with some toxic comments but there were some that came by and became apart of the project and even some helping to combine those three communities together to bring roleplay in the county we wanted to support businesses within the county, we brought up an idea of creating a RV neighborhood due to the lack of housing available in the county. As stated people are free to post their screens there with an open door.

So far I'm thankful of the support from the following people that roleplayed around us first before shooting any judgement.

Creating neighborhood rp would create events, maybe more businesses that'll pop around that neighborhood, or even more rp.

• Wuhtah locked this topic