Encouraging communities and outside RP

Paenymion

4 minutes ago, Свето said:

First of, I hold no ties to Trupiano.

Never said you did.

4 minutes ago, Свето said:

I don't know what kind of big business conspiracy you're cooking up in your head

Asking for evidence is a conspiracy?

5 minutes ago, Свето said:

Yes, there is ambiguity for punishment

I'm all for more severe and defined punishment of people who break the deathmatching rule. Let's have at it, show those DMers the what-for regardless of their stripes. 

But we don't need to exaggerate to accomplish that. Nobody needs to derail a discussion with half truths to target one side as being the main (yet unproven) cause of an issue.

9 minutes ago, Свето said:

You can burry your head in the sand and refuse to see and hear

I have literally been asking for evidence ever since the complaint was brought up. I even found and shared some of the evidence that explains where his perspective comes from, but in doing so also discovered an issue in his narrative.

Please, show me. I'm here to see and hear the evidence you have of masses of civilians breaking the deathmatch rule to shut down community hub roleplay.

13 minutes ago, Свето said:

I'll let this be my final reply, as to not further derail the thread.

Very good.

Now that we've debunked the "PF and CCW civilians are to blame!" theory, let's approach more pragmatic and grounded solutions.

Blame isn't going to be attributed to either side, and this discussion is going to be soundly focused on general, straightforward fixes.

We've covered the issues with a LFRP channel, so I'm curious as to what the process is for setting up an event of some variety. Are there any OOC barriers to putting up notices and announcements for something big? What is the population count limit before it becomes a matter that needs staff review/approval?

Events with some regularity may prompt additional traffic to areas where communities can form. If it's entirely an IC affair, that would make it much easier.

12 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Just create external hotspots that attract the attention of the general public.

A taco truck or two could really get that going. If we had some more diversity when it comes to food trucks in general, some life could be mustered into various locales.

I've been thinking of working at one of the barber shops in Davis, but who do I reach out to for that?

Just now, DasFroggy said:

A taco truck or two could really get that going. If we had some more diversity when it comes to food trucks in general, some life could be mustered into various locales.

I've been thinking of working at one of the barber shops in Davis, but who do I reach out to for that?

I believe the one in the mall is accessible through /bjoin. Get some mall RP going.

The topic has been discussed multiple times and it always has the same answer. Simply everyone tends to stick to one stop and one crowd and yeah, there are ways such as the comment above me giving the idea to RP food trucks and ideas such as that one that drags people toward it and produces some interesting roleplay, but this will always be the case and players will always tend to do this. I don't think that this can be tackled as hot-zones and RP spots cannot be mandated but there are some fresh ideas that can revive some of the spots that happen to have very low frequency of roleplay.

33 minutes ago, matejz said:

The topic has been discussed multiple times and it always has the same answer. Simply everyone tends to stick to one stop and one crowd and yeah, there are ways such as the comment above me giving the idea to RP food trucks and ideas such as that one that drags people toward it and produces some interesting roleplay, but this will always be the case and players will always tend to do this. I don't think that this can be tackled as hot-zones and RP spots cannot be mandated but there are some fresh ideas that can revive some of the spots that happen to have very low frequency of roleplay.

Could definitely give Davis a bit of life with the church too. Does anyone do sermons on Sundays?

• Upvote 1

I’ve always been a big advocate for community RP. People tend to stick to their crowd of OOC friends and don’t bother interacting with others in game. People need to start interacting more with others if we want this type of role-play to be prevalent on the server.

• Wuhtah locked this topic