Encouraging communities and outside RP

Paenymion

17 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

I know, I used to be one of those preaching against roleplaying outside and there are still people, not willling to step out. But for myself I can say, that the trend of robbing everyone they see outside, has gone down a bit. Infact I noticed the opposite, now it's more about, I am caught, sometimes chased away and sometimes punished, by people I try to pickpocket or break into their car. Instead of, "Hey I am calling the police!", they always try to punish the thief themselves. Why is that? Cause I noticed, that nearly everyone is either armed, or is actually someone with criminal activities. Be it a club DJ or a bartender.

I mean it's the same shit that people like me were saying would happen during the summer when there were all these calls to allow more CCW's to combat the amount of robberies. Spurred by the frustration of being robbed a lot of people very OOCly made the mental decision that when it comes to being the victim of crime, RP comes second to securing the W. I'm not saying that civilian characters just have to constantly be the victim but what I've found now is the minute a situation becomes sketch, everyone and their mother becomes John Wick. The minute the threat is gone? They go right back to a petite lesbian super model like almost nothing happened. 

And I mean, it kinda plays into the issue plaguing the main topic of this post. There's a lot of illegal factions who have attempted to create communities, but it's hard to do so if you can't even enforce your rule. More times then I can count I've seen civilians roll up, mock criminal characters to their face and start issue because they know if push comes to shove they can pull their CCW and claim self defense.

• Upvote 2
10 minutes ago, Trupiano said:

More times then I can count I've seen civilians roll up, mock criminal characters to their face and start issue because they know if push comes to shove they can pull their CCW and claim self defense.

You know this is something you can report, right? It's a massive rulebreak, and can have the person's CCW licenses stripped from their account.

That said, your story seems a bit far fetched to begin with. If there really was any CCW abuse significant enough, in the fashion you're describing, to shut down community hub roleplay, we'd surely have more evidence of it in the report section?

Anyway, back on topic...

A big barrier to community roleplay is that it's difficult to organize around in exclusively IC channels, and in previous occasions of discussing it, there are some who even feel hubs in any context to being detrimental. There was not too long ago a commonly negative opinion towards people clustering in Mirror Park for roleplay, as it detracted from roleplay elsewhere in the city/area.

As metagamey as it sounds, an OOC LFRP channel could help with better organizing these community hubs, even bolstering their creation by making people aware of where to find roleplay.

Or we can just keep hoping that donators will cover the demand by placing markers at roleplay hubs/events instead of their nightclub.

8 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

As metagamey as it sounds, an OOC LFRP channel could help with better organizing these community hubs, even bolstering their creation by making people aware of where to find roleplay.

It's very poorly seen on GTA, to have an OOC LFRP channel. I'm not sure why, because it's standard in basically every single other community I've ever seen on every other game. Could be an idea 🙂 

4 minutes ago, Topinambour said:

It's very poorly seen on GTA, to have an OOC LFRP channel. I'm not sure why, because it's standard in basically every single other community I've ever seen on every other game. Could be an idea 🙂 

To be fair, GTAW is pretty unconventional in a number of ways, and the decision to avoid LFRP via OOC channel sort of makes sense when you factor in the possibility of cliques forming, and exploration for roleplay diminishing. 

I routinely jog around and explore to find people for roleplaying, and I've met quite a few interesting people doing so. On one occasion, the misfortune of being hit by a car (a jeep, actually!) while crossing the street, allowed me to meet someone that was pretty cool to roleplay with.

That wouldn't have happened if I'd noticed my old friend Hawthorne on the LFRP channel talking about being at the pier.

I'm for having the channel, but I can understand why others wouldn't want it.

5 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

You know this is something you can report, right? It's a massive rulebreak, and can have the person's CCW licenses stripped from their account.

That said, your story seems a bit far fetched to begin with. If there really was any CCW abuse significant enough, in the fashion you're describing, to shut down community hub roleplay, we'd surely have more evidence of it in the report section?

Lmao what? What the fuck is your problem?

Yeah you can report... to RPQM, a team who's inability to act has left a majority of the community feeling like doing so is pointless. Regardless, RPQM reports are private, so holding up the report section like it's a smoking gun isn't the W you think it is. But yet again, someone on the criminal side shares their experience and @DasFroggy has to come in and invalidate it.

Sorry, I forgot this is all just apart of the grand conspiracy to make civilians the permanent victim slaves of criminal RPers. It can't possibly be that there are bad apples on both sides causing these issues. 

23 minutes ago, Trupiano said:

Yeah you can report...

...in the normal report section, yes. It's considered poor escalation (deathmatching, actually!) and is a pretty big rulebreak. That doesn't need to go through RPQM (but it can if you want!)

But yet again, someone on the criminal side shares their experience and @DasFroggy has to come in and invalidate it.

As pointed out, it's a rule break, which means if it's really such a big problem, it shouldn't be hard to get evidence of. Surely there's at least three reports you can find of such instances in the past month?

I'll tell you what I can find more than three instances of in the report section... 

someone on the criminal side shares their experience...

So let me share my experience from the criminal side - I haven't encountered what you're describing from anyone, which I'm willing to accept as a consequence of my criminal activities being strictly limited to car theft and distribution of illicit goods to a very particular sort of clientele. 

Now, let's tackle the apparent misunderstanding...

RPQM is absolutely where you can voice a complaint about a character if their long term and short term developments are unrealistic or even detrimental to the development of others and/or the setting. As the reports are concealed, I don't know of they handle blatant rulebreak or just bin them and wait for an official rulebreak report, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was the latter.

The main player report section is where you can submit a publicly visible report of any blatant rulebreaks, under which initiating and escalating a situation to violence through provocation, qualifies as a blatant rile break. People, not even drugged up meth heads with a kill count in the triple digits, can come to you and create an altercation as an excuse to then employ lethal force when violence is provoked.

Knowing this, from here on, you can now know in confidence where to report such rulebreaks. You will have my absolute support in identifying these people and having them appropriately punished for their disregard of what is a pretty commonly known and long standing community rule of engagement.

EDIT: It is explicitly listed as an example of deathmatching if you are observed to be,

• Calling a player names for them to come after you so you can shoot them.
Edited by DasFroggy
35 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

...in the normal report section, yes. It's considered poor escalation (deathmatching, actually!) and is a pretty big rulebreak. That doesn't need to go through RPQM (but it can if you want!)

As pointed out, it's a rule break, which means if it's really such a big problem, it shouldn't be hard to get evidence of. Surely there's at least three reports you can find of such instances in the past month?

I'll tell you what I can find more than three instances of in the report section... 

So let me share my experience from the criminal side - I haven't encountered what you're describing from anyone, which I'm willing to accept as a consequence of my criminal activities being strictly limited to car theft and distribution of illicit goods to a very particular sort of clientele. 

Now, let's tackle the apparent misunderstanding...

RPQM is absolutely where you can voice a complaint about a character if their long term and short term developments are unrealistic or even detrimental to the development of others and/or the setting. As the reports are concealed, I don't know of they handle blatant rulebreak or just bin them and wait for an official rulebreak report, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was the latter.

The main player report section is where you can submit a publicly visible report of any blatant rulebreaks, under which initiating and escalating a situation to violence through provocation, qualifies as a blatant rile break. People, not even drugged up meth heads with a kill count in the triple digits, can come to you and create an altercation as an excuse to then employ lethal force when violence is provoked.

Knowing this, from here on, you can now know in confidence where to report such rulebreaks. You will have my absolute support in identifying these people and having them appropriately punished for their disregard of what is a pretty commonly known and long standing community rule of engagement.

EDIT: It is explicitly listed as an example of deathmatching if you are observed to be,

• Calling a player names for them to come after you so you can shoot them.

Gotta side with @Trupiano on this one, there is rampant degeneracy among the PF & CCW holders, to the point where they should just form a teen-titans esq vigilante faction and be done with it. 

Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of degenerates on the "illegal" side as well, some of them also holding PF & CCW licenses. 

The "I didn't see it, so it didn't happen" argument dosen't validate your point, nor does throwing shit and pretending yours doesn't stink.

Edited by Свето
23 minutes ago, Свето said:

The "I didn't see it, so it didn't happen" argument dosen't validate your point,

Hence the request for evidence. 

23 minutes ago, Свето said:

there is rampant degeneracy among the PF & CCW holders

If it's so rampant, shouldn't there be reports of it? The exact case of people finding and provoking criminals is believable, absolutely, but the claim that it's such a massive phenomenon that it's actively shutting down entire communities is... a bit of a stretch. Again, I breaking the rules, literally listed as one of the main examples of deathmatching, so there is no ambiguity that it can be reported and punished. In fact, people are punished even for baiting alone.

It becomes a bit more difficult to believe when the person making the claim says that deathmatching not only has to go through RPQM exclusively, but also happens to know from experience that even just the act of baiting can be publicly reported and punished as a rulebreak.

You're free to entrust your authority to his claims, but seeing as he's already made both inconsistent and untrue statements... I wouldn't be so quick to believe him.

As I've stated, even as a criminal, I don't operate in a way that would expose me to such offenders often, if at all. That doesn't mean people should go out of their way to derail a discussion making implausibly exaggerated accusations. Are there people, civilians even, misusing CCW's? Yes. I can find some cases in the report section. Are civilians provoking "self defense" scenarios? Probably, but it's such an obvious rulebreak that it's legitimately surprising anyone wouldn't report it, especially knowing that people, including @Trupiano, know they can and have actually reported it before.

...is it such a problem that it's shutting down community hub roleplay? Gonna' need to see some evidence of that, and with the deceptions revealed so far, it's going to take a bit more convincing.

Edited by DasFroggy
26 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

Hence the request for evidence. 

If it's so rampant, shouldn't there be reports of it? The exact case of people finding and provoking criminals is believable, absolutely, but the claim that it's such a massive phenomenon that it's actively shutting down entire communities is... a bit of a stretch. Again, I breaking the rules, literally listed as one of the main examples of deathmatching, so there is no ambiguity that it can be reported and punished. In fact, people are punished even for baiting alone.

It becomes a bit more difficult to believe when the person making the claim says that deathmatching not only has to go through RPQM exclusively, but also happens to know from experience that even just the act of baiting can be publicly reported and punished as a rulebreak.

You're free to entrust your authority to his claims, but seeing as he's already made both inconsistent and untrue statements... I wouldn't be so quick to believe him.

As I've stated, even as a criminal, I don't operate in a way that would expose me to such offenders often, if at all. That doesn't mean people should go out of their way to derail a discussion making implausibly exaggerated accusations. Are there people, civilians even, misusing CCW's? Yes. I can find some cases in the report section. Are civilians provoking "self defense" scenarios? Probably, but it's such an obvious rulebreak that it's legitimately surprising anyone wouldn't report it, especially knowing that people, including @Trupiano, know they can and have actually reported it before.

...is it such a problem that it's shutting down community hub roleplay? Gonna' need to see some evidence of that, and with the deceptions revealed so far, it's going to take a bit more convincing.

First of, I hold no ties to Trupiano. I don't know what kind of big business conspiracy you're cooking up in your head, but that isn't the case. So I'll skip over you bestoing him as some kind of authority after a half-assed attempt at discrediting him.

Yes, there is ambiguity for punishment, rule 0 has ensured that. That's why you see so radically different punishment for people who have done (virtually) the same thing.

I know of this PF abuse, as I myself was a "victim" of it, along with a faction memeber of mine, luckily, I got lucky and the LSSD saw the whole thing and arrested the PF holder, so there was never a need for a report.

You can burry your head in the sand and refuse to see and hear, my job isn't to change your mind, but, if this topic genuinely interests you, I would advice you try to speak to any former or current gang leader in an area like Mirror Park. 

I'll let this be my final reply, as to not further derail the thread.

• Wuhtah locked this topic