What type of RP do you like? Gang RP VS Mob RP

FJ

• 2 weeks later...

Depends if the RP gang is the type that makes montages of them shooting each other. Or the type where they unironically act like gangsters OOC. Both of those disgust me, and I tend to avoid them. Mob RP has always been more appealing due to the fact that they're usually more RP oriented.

I think mob rp is far more detailed which makes it so much time consuming. Also, to be more realistic, It needs deep respect from other people and gangs. But in everywhere gangs are far more crowded which actually makes them more powerful and they don't really need to give a shit about the mobs. So the mob RP is obviously more fun and detailed but difficult to do.

Also in gang RP, you can just hang out in your neighborhood, chat with random people, do drugs, have drinks and chill out. You'll always have an OG or some wannabes around you to interact but in mob RP, according to my experience, the opportunities are fewer, It feels like you always need to talk about some serious business, hang out in the backrooms of a strip club and so on in the name of being a stand up guy... 

In my experience with mob rp a lot of people tend to lack personality and are more of a copy paste of what they reference from Goodfellas or sometimes Sopranos which kinda stick out like a sore thumb.

As for my personal experience with gang rp I pretty much enjoyed the development phase of my character then after that it pretty much slows down in rp for myself as its just endless faction beef/wars that leaks in OOC conflict.

Edited by PrinceCane

If either supply roleplay and aren’t constantly full of drama where nobody roleplays side effects then I’m all for it.

people shouldn’t be bashing “gang” or “mob” rp as a whole.

me personally, I’ve been in two Serbian OC factions, an Armenian OC faction and in all honesty I never really enjoyed it, I got burnt out a lot quicker, was bored.

as of right now I’m with an Asian faction and having a lot of fun with the group we’ve got. And no, we don’t just go shooting people for minor reasons.

Edited by Jura
  • Wuhtah locked this topic