What type of RP do you like? Gang RP VS Mob RP

FJ

I prefer gang IF I rp a criminal character. It's just that the scene is flooded with second hand quality factions lately. I am not bashing or anything, quite the opposite.

The opening thread alone hints how much effort people want to into roleplay. Least name the gang after streets of LS.

On 10/13/2021 at 12:21 PM, PrinceCane said:

In my experience both sides have their pros and cons.

A mob with a poor portrayal? You'll just have people try and rip things out of godfather or something.

A gang with a poor portrayal? Just people ready to up a gun at you over a small thing.

This basically nails it. I've seen both (on this server and others).

Mob RP that was just a joke, with parodic guidos interpreted by people who saw a mafia movie once and OOC'ly think they're experts now 😛 It often ends up in unpleasant RP for everyone... But also saw mob RP / crime syndicate RP that was just amazing with super cool concepts and portrayals. Interestingly, the second kind most often ends up shut down by the illegal team lol

Same for gang RP. Shitty gangs that are built in 10 minutes, start a shootout, then mass CK, then a new gang (that is a copy of the previous one), then shootout, then ... is just flat-out boring. I've also seen gangs who were there for the long run, interactions were super cool. 

On 10/13/2021 at 4:53 AM, ScarletRose said:

Illegal RP in general feels like ending up on a forum report anytime I try to do anything, even if what I did, didn't break any server rules.

It's why I likely won't ever get into illegal. 

You should give illegal RP a try, I’ve been roleplaying as an illegal character my whole time on GTAW and haven’t spent any of that time responding to a forum report against me. If you follow the rules of the server, you’ll be okay. 

Back on topic though, I like to RP a mixture of both. Gang RP is solid but Mob RP is where I originated from.

Edited by TyJ

Both are pretty awesome, but gang roleplay feels more organic/harmonic and require less effort from the roleplayer. Mob roleplay is often poorly portrayed, and makes the character look like a cheap Tony Soprano.

There are some roleplays that gets the best of both worlds, like eoc and bgf for example.

Edited by Legal
On 10/13/2021 at 1:42 AM, FJ said:

I'm personally a fan of Mob RP.

Gang RP most likely ends up somewhere on the reports, it's for people who like to shoot all the time and other shit.

What do you do guys? What's your niche?

They both have their ups and downs, in my opinion anything will be fun if you have the right circle of people around you. Some people know how to avoid the bullshit and some don't.

• Wuhtah locked this topic