What type of RP do you like? Gang RP VS Mob RP

FJ

I'm personally a fan of Mob RP.

Gang RP most likely ends up somewhere on the reports, it's for people who like to shoot all the time and other shit.

What do you do guys? What's your niche?

Edited by FJ
  • FJ changed the title to What type of RP do you like? Gang RP VS Mob RP

I like RP that involves my character ending up in a situation where he ends up in a type of group that makes sense to him. Diffenciating between gang rp and mob rp feels a lot like people RPing tropes from movies. A gang and a mob is a consequence of environment and the need for money. It's not like if someone was offered a billion dollars to go run a corporation in New York they're going to keep being a scummy mobster. Nothing wrong with making a character with the intent of being apart of such groups but the idea that the type of RP comes before the character sort of undermines the worth of the character itself. It's the type of thing that promotes people who have 2 weeks to 1 month characters. I always love when I see someone "fall into" crime out of circumstance. I think it's cool to see someone who lets say is African American and living in Davis and struggling to make money working at a LTD or something actually end up falling into it slowly versus like seeking it out actively. Maybe the character could end up being friends with a rich russian guy and be part of the russian mob instead? My 2 cents.

Just now, ScarletRose said:

Illegal RP in general feels like ending up on a forum report anytime I try to do anything, even if what I did, didn't break any server rules.

It's why I likely won't ever get into illegal. 

It's not issue with illegal, it's gang.

Ever since I played mob, I never had any issues with my record.

Gangs think they're tough and they think they have right to kill everyone who says something (bad) to them.

• Upvote 1

I also prefer Mob RP over Gangs. They may essentially be doing the same things, but Mobs have roleplay actions and decisions that make sense most of the time. I don't see what is appealing about starting shit over something even as small as the way someone looks at you. The gap is so big between the two and I feel, it is more a difference in OOC characteristics of the people participating in these groups. Can't be helped.

1 minute ago, StiffChocl8 said:

I also prefer Mob RP over Gangs. They may essentially be doing the same things, but Mobs have roleplay actions and decisions that make sense most of the time. I don't see what is appealing about starting shit over something even as small as the way someone looks at you. The gap is so big between the two and I feel, it is more a difference in OOC characteristics of the people participating in these groups. Can't be helped.

unknown.png

• Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, PrinceCane said:

In my experience both sides have their pros and cons.

A mob with a poor portrayal? You'll just have people try and rip things out of godfather or something.

A gang with a poor portrayal? Just people ready to up a gun at you over a small thing.

• Wuhtah locked this topic