Fishing and Del Perro Pier

Alyssa McCarthy

1 minute ago, PeopleKind said:

If you want to fish off the pier so bad for your character then just RP it. If you're fishing for money there's no real gain by fishing in the city as the more expensive fish are in the county areas. 

This makes no sense. Let’s get rid of the script entirely then. Let’s just “RP it” if that’s your stance. It shouldn’t be any less profitable from the pier. There’s no justifiable reason besides them trying to limit shit OOC’ly rather than deal with problems a better way. 

5 minutes ago, 99 said:

This makes no sense. Let’s get rid of the script entirely then. Let’s just “RP it” if that’s your stance. It shouldn’t be any less profitable from the pier. There’s no justifiable reason besides them trying to limit shit OOC’ly rather than deal with problems a better way. 

How so? You think you can get the same amount of fish & money on the pier that you can get from a boat in the ocean? Why shouldn't it be less profitable to fish from the shore vs fish from the ocean? Makes perfect realistic sense I don't see how it doesn't.

14 minutes ago, PeopleKind said:

How so? You think you can get the same amount of fish & money on the pier that you can get from a boat in the ocean? Why shouldn't it be less profitable to fish from the shore vs fish from the ocean? Makes perfect realistic sense I don't see how it doesn't.

We’re not talking about boat vs poor fishing. I figured that would be self explanatory. Fishing with a pole on the pier should yield just as much fishing with a pole in the county. There’s no reason to limit the pier as it’s fully realistic that fishing there is a mainstay. Go read the link I posted. 

2 minutes ago, 99 said:

We’re not talking about boat vs poor fishing. I figured that would be self explanatory. Fishing with a pole on the pier should yield just as much fishing with a pole in the county. There’s no reason to limit the pier as it’s fully realistic that fishing there is a mainstay. Go read the link I posted. 

I never said anything about fishing off a pier not being realistic. I was simply saying if you /really/ want to fish off a pier that badly you can simply RP it. It's not really a big deal.

9 minutes ago, PeopleKind said:

I never said anything about fishing off a pier not being realistic. I was simply saying if you /really/ want to fish off a pier that badly you can simply RP it. It's not really a big deal.

If it’s not a big deal then it should be no trouble to let people enjoy the same script benefits as those who fish at a lake out in the county. If it’s realistic, there’s no reason to limit it. 

Edited by 99

Someone fill me In on the fishing script, I haven’t kept my eye on it. What is it, how’s it work? Can you just fish anywhere now? If they’re saying you’re not allowed to fish off the pier, that’s like one of the biggest things people do at the Santa Monica pier 

Edited by Peter Muskrat
13 minutes ago, Peter Muskrat said:

Someone fill me In on the fishing script, I haven’t kept my eye on it. What is it, how’s it work? Can you just fish anywhere now? If they’re saying you’re not allowed to fish off the pier, that’s like one of the biggest things people do at the Santa Monica pier 

Check the feature showcase section. You can’t fish from the pier in Del Perro at all or anywhere within the city, even if it’s attached to water. It’s OOC banned for reasons unknown. Sell points are also completely randomized regardless of your location, in their attempt to prevent people from camping sell spots. You could be in a tugboat fishing up in Paleto and get an assigned sell point down in south LS near the port. The new script is a great script, but unfortunately it’s being limited by the powers that be instead of taking care of the root of the issues. 

Edited by 99
8 minutes ago, Peter Muskrat said:

You can fish anywhere but city. 

• Wuhtah locked this topic